+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Report: iPad 2, Smart Covers Coming to Toys R' Us Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
very good points with the parenting. i myself dont have any kids but i agree there are very many educational apps and myself would get an ipad 2 and let
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

    very good points with the parenting. i myself dont have any kids but i agree there are very many educational apps and myself would get an ipad 2 and let my son or daughter use it under my supervision as i dont have another $499.99 to buy another one.

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    My son was 2 years and a couple months when the first iPad was released. I bought one and within a few days I could see how powerful of a learning device it was. There is so many good educational apps. I ended up buying him his own iPad a few weeks later. After a few months of having an iPad, I went ahead and got him an iPod Touch so he would have something more portable when traveling to grandparents house and such. He also loved using facetime to call me or my wife at work. He is almost three now and has had both of the devices for quite awhile. They are both in great shape and I have not had any issues with him and an iDevice.

    I kind of have the reverse opinion of yours and I feel that its bad parenting for not giving your child every learning opportunity and not teaching them responsibility at a young age.

    And before I get flamed, my son is not glued to the devices 24/7. Honestly he spends more time outside and reading books. However, when he does pick up the device, I have some great educational apps installed for him. Compared to his friends and cousins that are his same age, he destroys them on problem solving, math, and spelling. He also is getting damn good at telling time from this last app that I bought him.

    To me its worth the investment.
    ----------------

    I recommend these devices--WiFi iPad & iPod (no monthly fee)-- to any parent because we also have an iPad for our 19 months son. We bought when it first came out. You will be amazed how fast children learn with these iDevices. Now go get one already

    Quote Originally Posted by x12_Carnage View Post
    Lol giving a 2 year old an IDevice?well someone obviously doesn't care about there money
    I am assuming you do not have any children... so I promise you this, you will not say that again once you have a child yourself.
    Last edited by andy33711; 04-16-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #23
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    I actually find this absolutely strange. It's like putting Pokemon in an adult video store. Nevertheless, it shouldn't too much of a problem.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    My son was 2 years and a couple months when the first iPad was released. I bought one and within a few days I could see how powerful of a learning device it was. There is so many good educational apps. I ended up buying him his own iPad a few weeks later. After a few months of having an iPad, I went ahead and got him an iPod Touch so he would have something more portable when traveling to grandparents house and such. He also loved using facetime to call me or my wife at work. He is almost three now and has had both of the devices for quite awhile. They are both in great shape and I have not had any issues with him and an iDevice.

    I kind of have the reverse opinion of yours and I feel that its bad parenting for not giving your child every learning opportunity and not teaching them responsibility at a young age.

    And before I get flamed, my son is not glued to the devices 24/7. Honestly he spends more time outside and reading books. However, when he does pick up the device, I have some great educational apps installed for him. Compared to his friends and cousins that are his same age, he destroys them on problem solving, math, and spelling. He also is getting damn good at telling time from this last app that I bought him.

    To me its worth the investment.
    Thanks now I have a different way to consider it! and lol @ damn good at telling time! And I think you have a better idea of this whole thing considering I'm only 17 hahaha and furthermore I retract the "bad parent" comment
    Honestly, this is the first productive forum debate I've ever been in!

  5. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    I actually find this absolutely strange. It's like putting Pokemon in an adult video store. Nevertheless, it shouldn't too much of a problem.
    Dude! What's wrong with you? I'm a jr. In high school and 1/2 of my grade still plays pokemon thanks to gpsPhone!

  6. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    Dude! What's wrong with you? I'm a jr. In high school and 1/2 of my grade still plays pokemon thanks to gpsPhone!
    Wow. Hmm mine didnt and I don't know anyone that still plays it. Although it's nice to be a kid again once in a while. I almost bought a 3Ds and the new pokemon game lol

  7. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Wow. Hmm mine didnt and I don't know anyone that still plays it. Although it's nice to be a kid again once in a while. I almost bought a 3Ds and the new pokemon game lol
    Hahaaa, we're reliving the 6th grade... And my friend has a 3Ds, it's amazing!

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    I agree it's a great learning device. We have a 17 month old boy that loves using the iPad. I'm amazed at how fast kids pick this stuff up. We did get the best case we could find (otter defender) just in case he's carrying it and it falls from his hands.
    My wife and I use the iPad 2 and we gave him our old 1st gen filled with learning and interactive apps. He knows how to turn it on, opens the apps and uses it.
    He watches everything we do and wants to do the same.
    Although I do draw the line at driving.


    Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

  9. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    So if you're gonna steal one, this is the place to do it, kids.

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    I have to agree with some of the parents here I'm not one my self but when my 17 month old cousin got hold of my iPhone she learned how to use it in no time it's a good learning tool this.

  11. #31
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My brother, his wife, my sister and I, we all have iPhones and I have to say I was amazed when my 2 year old nice got the iPhone from my brother one time and she learned how to look for
    Her favorite song and how to play it with in the app. Idevices can be really educational but it depends of the parents because there
    Is no point on getting one for your kids and just put games and Spect them to learn something from it.

  12. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    My son was 2 years and a couple months when the first iPad was released. I bought one and within a few days I could see how ... investment.
    *SNIP*

    I'm just jealous that you have so much disposable income you can afford to buy an iPad and iPhone for your 2 year old children to keep them away from your own iPhone and iPad.

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maple Shade, NJ
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Just thought I would say I am waiting at my local Toys R Us in my car. They open in 20, and I'm the only one here. lol

  14. #34
    New Gal in Town x12_Carnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by General Klinger View Post
    Just thought I would say I am waiting at my local Toys R Us in my car. They open in 20, and I'm the only one here. lol
    Lol nice
    <a href="http://us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/xl2_CaRnAgE"><img src="http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/xl2_CaRnAgE.png" width="230" height="155" border="0" /></a><br/><a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/psn/signup">Get your Portable ID!</a>

  15. #35
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    Dude! What's wrong with you? I'm a jr. In high school and 1/2 of my grade still plays pokemon thanks to gpsPhone!
    I actually do play Pokemon. There's nothing wrong with me.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  16. #36
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,237
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    I actually do play Pokemon. There's nothing wrong with me.
    Someone's gotta catch em all!

  17. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maple Shade, NJ
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Well my local Toys R Us only got 5 32GB wifi Black's in today. It was limit 1. I bought 1 and I am gonna take it with me to the Philippines next week when I go on vacation. The 16GB ones are selling for $730 american dollar equivelant so I should walk away with an easy $100

    I tried the Bestbuy next to it, but they didn't have any. Only taking reservations.

  18. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    7:00 am: Doors open, available to public.

    9:00 am: All ipads destroyed by children.
    you just made my day!!! Thank you!!!

  19. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I bought an iPad 1 for my 5 year old and and an iPhone 4 from CL for my 2 year old. They love apple products. Children love iPads and iPhone/touch's. It's so much more interactive than a normal game or book or whatever. I think it's a good thing.
    But I also bought it so they would keep away from my iPad 2 and iPhone... Of course it doesn't always work as my 2 year old seems to snag my iPad any chance he gets. ^^
    Just made my day...again!

  20. #40
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    My now 4yo son..
    Uses our 2 ip4s and my wife's 3GS as much as we do...
    He has a Wii... And we gave a few cheap windows lappers...
    His memory, coordination, reasoning, thinking and learning skills from these devices are amazing...
    He plays t ball... Has his jungle gym out back...
    Loves his power wheels and bike...
    The cost of these devices has been priceless in his learning and comprehension...
    The most we have to do for him, I'd type in websites...
    Even the remotes on the flat screens to get the tv to the right input for the Wii are all done by him...
    My 8 month old is already showing interest and watching us... And him..

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts