Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Compromise Will Finally Bring Flash Video Streaming to iOS

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Radex View Post
    It's not Flash that makes Android a pos as you would call it. It's because of the fragmentation caused by the manufacturers who modify Android to their liking with inconsistent updates. There is no consistency which makes it a nuisance for devs to produce software for Android.

===

Personally, it would be nice to have an option to have Flash. More freedom to the users in the long run.

I agree, end-user freedom. Still, Adobe needs to optimize the software better = \. Running Adobe Premiere or Indesign are the most annoying things I ever had to deal with. Predominantly, I am a Windows user, but I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 15" and I love it. It's great for multimedia projects that I often do.
    Actually, the last statistics I saw on the matter showed that something like 80% of android devices were on one of the two most recent updates of the Android OS. iOS devices aren't much better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Silly Apple, I'm so fed up with no flash on my iPhone that my next phone will be an Android. Ditto for iPad, won't be getting one, got myself an Andorid tablet instead which allows me to view the whole web not just the bits that Apple want me to see

Two lost sales for Apple
    Your right about one thing! Two lost sales for apple, but 2 million more new sales!

To many of you complaining are spoiled. Guess what we are on the fourth generation of iphones almost fifth, you knew by now there is no flash. You dont always get it your way, if you dont like it there is options. Welcome to the real world where your not in control, apple is.

Thanks

the flash debacle has now become a mute point. Apple has forced a lot of popular sites on the WWW to change in order to make their content iDevice compatible. If I want to see a flash site, i'll just do so on my 17" MBP. No biggie. However, I do agree with those in favor of THE OPTION to view flash enabled sites on our idevices.

Steve Jobs did a good job of explaining their reasons for not supporting flash.
    Last edited by LSZ33; 04-16-2011 at 12:20 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    Bahaha lol at the comment about apple being able to decide what can be viewed on HIS ios device. I mean hell who is apple to tell me I can't run OSX on my iphone 4, its just rediculous huh?

BTW i have not logged on this site in a VERY long time, but the stupidity of your post forced me to do so.
    It's spelled 'ridiculous'. Now what were you saying about that other guy being stupid?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDirtyDiddler For This Useful Post:

rkswat (04-17-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    A PC that does 1000 more things a Mac can do and an Android phone which is so user friendly if you use it for a week you'll realise how good it is and you wont go back to the iPhone with its limits.
    Good point. PCs can do Blue Screens of Death unlike Macs. Stop with your fanboyism. I have both and use both.

I'm curious about the results of this compromise.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Isn't this basically what skyfire did?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

This just proves Adobe is the big man and crApple are the little girl still crying about Flash.
    Dont you think as its OUR iDEVICE then WE should have the choice to watch flash or not?

When is crApple going to grow up and realise its OUR DEVICE and let us do WHAT WE WANT with OUR devices?
    I think they will loose as someone else is going to make a better tablet and everyone will buy that instead of the iPad 3 or the iPhone 5/6 coz its so tightly locked and limited and that makes the competition is so appealing.
    crApple will one day say to itself "why didn't we let your customers watch flash on their iDevices?" that'll be the day they stop making devices and the day they loose.

BUT while there are crApple fanboys wasting their money on their iDevices crApple are still winning. How about you guys get out of your grey houses away from your grey macs and look at what the rest of the world are using. A PC that does 1000 more things a Mac can do and an Android phone which is so user friendly if you use it for a week you'll realise how good it is and you wont go back to the iPhone with its limits.
    Why do you keep calling Apple 'loose'? That's pretty gross. Does that have anything to do with the 'crAp' in 'crApple'?

Also, Apple doesn't tell people that they can't watch flash on their device. They ship it without the automatic capability to do so because it's what they feel makes a good product, and they have every right to do that. You may WANT to drive your car 200mph, but just because you can't doesn't mean the manufacturer is telling you you can't. It's because they chose to make it that way based on what they feel are necessary functions or not. If you really want that feature, mod it, or buy something else. Plain and simple. Or you can complain 300 times on a board for a company that you apparently don't like, but oddly devote a large portion of your time to.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 04-16-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Edited because it's not worth arguing over. My apologies.
    Last edited by mik3y08; 04-16-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Am I going to have to make other "vs" thread in chit chat for you two? Calm down.

Thanks

Flash is a battery killer on mobile devices. That is Steve Jobs problem with Flash. Ask someone with an Android device how much battery life they get with access to the " whole" Internet.

Thanks

Flash is what the iphone and ipad need,html sucks
    FIFIRI FLIES

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have tried wired and wireless. I also reduced rate. I have a great connection and it works fine from other devices. It works fine if I reset the system but after an episode or two it will start stuttering again. Its super annoying
    I'm having issues with mine as well. Halfway through an episode it'll just sit and buffer forever even though the connection is great.

I've run flash on Android, it's not that great...caused more problems for the phone.

This just proves Adobe is the big man and crApple are the little girl still crying about Flash.
    Dont you think as its OUR iDEVICE then WE should have the choice to watch flash or not?

When is crApple going to grow up and realise its OUR DEVICE and let us do WHAT WE WANT with OUR devices?
    I think they will loose as someone else is going to make a better tablet and everyone will buy that instead of the iPad 3 or the iPhone 5/6 coz its so tightly locked and limited and that makes the competition is so appealing.
    crApple will one day say to itself "why didn't we let your customers watch flash on their iDevices?" that'll be the day they stop making devices and the day they loose.

BUT while there are crApple fanboys wasting their money on their iDevices crApple are still winning. How about you guys get out of your grey houses away from your grey macs and look at what the rest of the world are using. A PC that does 1000 more things a Mac can do and an Android phone which is so user friendly if you use it for a week you'll realise how good it is and you wont go back to the iPhone with its limits.
    Lol! What a hypocritical post! I see all the Apple devices you have yet you want everyone to use what the rest of the world does (PC)..???? Hmmmmm!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 04-16-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orozcoj4 View Post
    Flash is a battery killer on mobile devices. That is Steve Jobs problem with Flash. Ask someone with an Android device how much battery life they get with access to the " whole" Internet.
    Close to 36 hours, with a 4G radio on too, thank you for asking. This "compromise" is still half-assed. I can't wait for the toshiba tablet to come out so I can dump my iPad.

Thanks

Errrggg, I feel like most of the flash on websites is advertisements, which I can't stand. Which is why I love my iPhone and have to use AdBlock on my PC...

I hope this can be enabled/disabled, because I like the option but I don't like the idea of webpages loading slower trying to convert advertisements into flash.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I'm having issues with mine as well. Halfway through an episode it'll just sit and buffer forever even though the connection is great.

I've run flash on Android, it's not that great...caused more problems for the phone.

Lol! What a hypocritical post! I see all the Apple devices you have yet you want everyone to use what the rest of the world does (PC)..???? Hmmmmm!
    I dont know what the problem is but its annoying. Just started happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

Flash has been a thorn in Apple's side ever since the first iPhone shipped almost 4 years ago. While users have grown accustomed to their iOS devices not being able to display Flash content, it's unfortunate that Apple and Adobe have not been able to reach some sort of compromise before now.

Adobe, however, may have finally come up with a solution to the Flash dilemma once and for all with their latest version of Flash. At the National Association of Broadcasters trade show in Las Vegas, Adobe recently previewed the latest version of Flash that incorporates HTTP live streaming. With this new version of Flash, iOS devices will finally be able to display Flash video without the need to install any additional software on their devices.

Over the years Apple has been steadfast in their opposition to approving Flash for the iOS. Continually citing concerns over Flash’s poor overall performance and being detrimental to battery life. At one point Apple CEO Steve Jobs even went so far as to post an open letter on the company website defending their position regarding Flash on iOS devices entitled, Thoughts on Flash.

Adobe's latest vision, however, is designed to help content publishers stream protected video to more types of mobile devices including Apple's iPad 2. This new streaming technology is being built into Adobe's Media Server and will allow a much wider variety of devices access to Flash video content. Their solution is designed to be transparent to the end user and will not require any additional software to be downloaded as well.

According to Adobe’s company blog, “(HTTP Live Streaming) HLS is an MPEG2 transport stream (container) used by devices such as the Apple iPad 2. By adding support for HLS within the Flash Media Server, Adobe is reducing the publishing complexity for broadcasters who need to reach browsers supporting HLS through HTML5 (such as Safari) or devices where Adobe Flash is not installed.”

For the average user, the details of this plan to get Flash video to more devices is a bit technical, however, in the not too distant future, Flash required warnings will be a thing of the past. If your device doesn’t have Flash installed on it, no problem, the server will send you the video in a format that your device is capable of displaying. It’s unclear just how long it will take Adobe to implement this across the board, but at least a solution to the Flash problem is finally on its way.

Source: Adobe

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    Isn't this basically what skyfire did?
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 04-16-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sircrazy View Post
    The main issue with this is it does not "give us flash". It merely beats around the bush and formats the video so we can view it. I do not see how this will help with flash based sites such as grooveshark. Youtube already converts most videos so that they can be viewed on the idevice without flash
    Totally agree! They are just mimicking what YouTube already thought of. This in no way shape or form brings flash to the iDevice.

lmao at all the windows and android fanbois here.

Twitter: @tshoults

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast