+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Adobe Compromise Will Finally Bring Flash Video Streaming to iOS

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
i have both an android phone n an iphone. i like the iphone best. it seems the apps made for it were a little more thought out. facebook for android
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts

    i have both an android phone n an iphone. i like the iphone best. it seems the apps made for it were a little more thought out. facebook for android is garbage. my android force closes constantly. customization is nice but not worth it to me. i only use the android phone to take pics cuz it has a better camera. pathetic

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Hmm I've used my iPad & iPhone so much I kind of forgot flash existed..
    my SPOON is too big

  3. #23
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milton, Ontario
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts

    Who really cares????? Who really notices not having Flash on their iOS device??? If you are needing Flash that bad for your day-to-day, go buy a computer.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyperextension For This Useful Post:

    johnr9412 (04-16-2011), Poseidon79 (04-16-2011)

  5. #24
    Green Apple blkeagle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Silly Apple, I'm so fed up with no flash on my iPhone that my next phone will be an Android. Ditto for iPad, won't be getting one, got myself an Andorid tablet instead which allows me to view the whole web not just the bits that Apple want me to see

    Two lost sales for Apple
    Yeah and when you switch to android, you will sure as he'll have the atrocious battery life to prove it.
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

  6. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    To you clowns in here talking about "apple can decide blah blah" you're right. They can decide what comes factory and "I" should be able to decide what I want to add to it. Flash should atleast have been an option, they could've even stated their opinions on it's limitations.

    Quoting Apple's sales doesn't make them void of criticism.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to trek-life For This Useful Post:

    rkswat (04-16-2011)

  8. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Crap so what is every android device released going to put on their ads bashing iPhone now that they won't be able to say it has flash?

  9. #27
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This just proves Adobe is the big man and crApple are the little girl still crying about Flash.
    Dont you think as its OUR iDEVICE then WE should have the choice to watch flash or not?

    When is crApple going to grow up and realise its OUR DEVICE and let us do WHAT WE WANT with OUR devices?
    I think they will loose as someone else is going to make a better tablet and everyone will buy that instead of the iPad 3 or the iPhone 5/6 coz its so tightly locked and limited and that makes the competition is so appealing.
    crApple will one day say to itself "why didn't we let your customers watch flash on their iDevices?" that'll be the day they stop making devices and the day they loose.

    BUT while there are crApple fanboys wasting their money on their iDevices crApple are still winning. How about you guys get out of your grey houses away from your grey macs and look at what the rest of the world are using. A PC that does 1000 more things a Mac can do and an Android phone which is so user friendly if you use it for a week you'll realise how good it is and you wont go back to the iPhone with its limits.
    If you think Apple is CrApple, should you even be on this site or even own a iDevice. You bought the phone knowing it has NO Flash, if you want Flash, get a Android Gingerbread phone.

    Yes Android is awesome but I like iTunes and there are more useful apps for me in the App Store for now and the iPhone 4 had the best HD camera on a phone until recently only beat my Sony Ericsson Androids.

    Apple have said they would let Flash on iOS if it was efficient but its buggy on Mac OS X and now it seems there's a major bug needing fixing every month, so I can see why they won't let it on their iOS.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  10. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SeaLand
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I just want Hulu (not plus... Hulu free).
    DOwnload iSwifter as mentioned above (if you have an iPad) it works great and lag time is close to none. Its a great way for me to bypass that Hulu Plus crap paywall.

  11. #29
    iPhoneaholic zoso10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    That's kinda funny. A lot of companies like Hulu have been changing a lot of their stuff to HTML5 and what not to accomodate for the iPhone. Now the only problem is that companies like Hulu that did this charged money to use their stuff but now we can watch Hulu for free if Flash is available.

  12. #30
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    I'm glad Apple held it's ground

  13. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    That's kinda funny. A lot of companies like Hulu have been changing a lot of their stuff to HTML5 and what not to accomodate for the iPhone. Now the only problem is that companies like Hulu that did this charged money to use their stuff but now we can watch Hulu for free if Flash is available.
    The "plus" in Hulu Plus means you're paying for an HD quality stream in addition to a LOT more content. I never considered watching Hulu until they offered up the paid service which is actually worth watching. The free version is so bad I couldn't stand it for more than 5 min on my computer screen.

  14. #32
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sircrazy View Post
    The main issue with this is it does not "give us flash". It merely beats around the bush and formats the video so we can view it. I do not see how this will help with flash based sites such as grooveshark. Youtube already converts most videos so that they can be viewed on the idevice without flash
    Good point, but it does solve our Flash problem even if it is a roundabout way of doing it. I for one am not complaining about how they fix it, all that matter is that they did fix it.

  15. #33
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The "plus" in Hulu Plus means you're paying for an HD quality stream in addition to a LOT more content. I never considered watching Hulu until they offered up the paid service which is actually worth watching. The free version is so bad I couldn't stand it for more than 5 min on my computer screen.
    +1

    but I have had tons of issues with PS3 streaming the past few weeks.

  16. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    +1

    but I have had tons of issues with PS3 streaming the past few weeks.
    Mine has been fine in both my wired living room and wireless bedroom setups. I'll keep a closer eye on it though. You might try and step down your stream to 1MB just as a test rather than Auto or maxed out. (mine is auto)

  17. #35
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Mine has been fine in both my wired living room and wireless bedroom setups. I'll keep a closer eye on it though. You might try and step down your stream to 1MB just as a test rather than Auto or maxed out. (mine is auto)
    I have tried wired and wireless. I also reduced rate. I have a great connection and it works fine from other devices. It works fine if I reset the system but after an episode or two it will start stuttering again. Its super annoying

  18. #36
    What's Jailbreak? friscosooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    I'm sure Steve Jobs is crying over the loss.

  19. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by friscosooner View Post
    I'm sure Steve Jobs is crying over the loss.
    We would Steve be crying? He didn't have to do anything lol. Adobe is the company that had to change their software to stream content in MPEG2. Apple just #won!

  20. #38
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Let me ask the obvious question then. The post says if you don't have flash installed, the content will be streamed using another format your device supports..... So why again would I install Flash in the first place?

    Kind of like saying my website doesn't support Internet explorer but if you go to it in IE, it is the IE compatible version.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to boxxa For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (04-16-2011)

  22. #39
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,067
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Exactly lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (04-16-2011)

  24. #40
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    waco texas
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This just proves Adobe is the big man and crApple are the little girl still crying about Flash.
    Dont you think as its OUR iDEVICE then WE should have the choice to watch flash or not?

    When is crApple going to grow up and realise its OUR DEVICE and let us do WHAT WE WANT with OUR devices?
    I think they will loose as someone else is going to make a better tablet and everyone will buy that instead of the iPad 3 or the iPhone 5/6 coz its so tightly locked and limited and that makes the competition is so appealing.
    crApple will one day say to itself "why didn't we let your customers watch flash on their iDevices?" that'll be the day they stop making devices and the day they loose.

    BUT while there are crApple fanboys wasting their money on their iDevices crApple are still winning. How about you guys get out of your grey houses away from your grey macs and look at what the rest of the world are using. A PC that does 1000 more things a Mac can do and an Android phone which is so user friendly if you use it for a week you'll realise how good it is and you wont go back to the iPhone with its limits.
    Why are you on MMI?...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts