+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Connection Issues Cropping up for Verizon 3G iPad 2 Users

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by jose060789 Keep drinking orange cool-aid? Who says that? You're an idiot because most people on an AT&T iPhone perform faster than people on Verizon iPhone, network-wise. LTE
...
  1. #61
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Keep drinking orange cool-aid?
    Who says that?
    You're an idiot because most people on an AT&T iPhone perform faster than people on Verizon iPhone, network-wise.
    LTE is non-existent, it's more like 3.5G. Also Verizon's so-called "4G" drains the battery faster and it's quite pointless if your phone's battery sucks. Keep lying to yourself.

    Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    You appear to have a hard time comprehending that AT&T does not have 3G coverage everywhere and that for those areas that don't, the performance is a joke. Like I tried to get across to you, in MY area, AT&T service is poor, therefore the reasonable alternative (to those that are not addicted to the orange kool-aid) is Verizon. You keep trying to change the parameters of your discussion points. First you imply that AT&T is better because of it's speed. When it is pointed out to you that there IS another format that is faster, you then change your tune. All that comes across is that you believe that AT&T is the end-all, be-all of cell phone communications providers. That's fine and dandy, glad your happy with them but there are enough others that can deal with reality to know that depending on location, different carriers will be better.
    I am through with this discussion with you, as one would have better luck telling a 3 year old to not touch the dog poop and getting them to comprehend it.

  2. #62
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    You appear to have a hard time comprehending that AT&T does not have 3G coverage everywhere and that for those areas that don't, the performance is a joke. Like I tried to get across to you, in MY area, AT&T service is poor, therefore the reasonable alternative (to those that are not addicted to the orange kool-aid) is Verizon. You keep trying to change the parameters of your discussion points. First you imply that AT&T is better because of it's speed. When it is pointed out to you that there IS another format that is faster, you then change your tune. All that comes across is that you believe that AT&T is the end-all, be-all of cell phone communications providers. That's fine and dandy, glad your happy with them but there are enough others that can deal with reality to know that depending on location, different carriers will be better.
    I am through with this discussion with you, as one would have better luck telling a 3 year old to not touch the dog poop and getting them to comprehend it.
    You're just a hater and you talk a lot of smack for a Verizon fanboy.
    AT&T is just better in my opinion and most of the time I get full bars everywhere I go, so jackpot for me.
    Sarcasm doesn't get you anywhere, makes you sound immature and your comparison is a joke.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  3. #63
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I've had Verizon before and believe me, the network just sucked. So enough was enough, I switched to AT&T and I had no problems whatsoever.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    I understand that. AT&Ts network has been proven to be better overall in terms of speed, but not in all areas. There are some areas where Verizon is faster where AT&Ts signal strength may be weaker. And Verizon does cover alot more with their 3G across the US. So for those who don't have the luxury of choice....Verizon may be the only option for them.

    Were not comparing networks in this thread because this is not a network problem. It's an Apple software problem. That's why Apple is the only one issuing a fix and not Verizon. Verizon phones, original Verizon iPad1s, Verizon laptop broadband users are not having problems connecting to the 3G network. The iPad2 is the only one having problems. That alone rules out the possibility that Verizon is at fault. And this is coming from an AT&T customer.

    The chipset inside the Verizon iPad2 is NOT MANUFACTURED BY VERIZON. And neither is any other component of the iPad2. It is a different type of chipset designed for a different type of network. So how can you say it is Verizon's fault when they have no parts in the iPad2 and no other Verizon devices are exhibiting the same problem?

    Again you keep saying that Verizon sucks and you're entitled to your opinion. But the fact remains that this has nothing to do with Verizon. If it were the AT&T version of the iPad2 that was having this problem I'm willing to bet that you would be real quick to drop the blame on Apple rather than AT&T. So what makes this any different?!?

  4. #64
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I understand that. AT&Ts network has been proven to be better overall in terms of speed, but not in all areas. There are some areas where Verizon is faster where AT&Ts signal strength may be weaker. And Verizon does cover alot more with their 3G across the US. So for those who don't have the luxury of choice....Verizon may be the only option for them.

    Were not comparing networks in this thread because this is not a network problem. It's an Apple software problem. That's why Apple is the only one issuing a fix and not Verizon. Verizon phones, original Verizon iPad1s, Verizon laptop broadband users are not having problems connecting to the 3G network. The iPad2 is the only one having problems. That alone rules out the possibility that Verizon is at fault. And this is coming from an AT&T customer.

    The chipset inside the Verizon iPad2 is NOT MANUFACTURED BY VERIZON. And neither is any other component of the iPad2. It is a different type of chipset designed for a different type of network. So how can you say it is Verizon's fault when they have no parts in the iPad2 and no other Verizon devices are exhibiting the same problem?

    Again you keep saying that Verizon sucks and you're entitled to your opinion. But the fact remains that this has nothing to do with Verizon. If it were the AT&T version of the iPad2 that was having this problem I'm willing to bet that you would be real quick to drop the blame on Apple rather than AT&T. So what makes this any different?!?

    Verizon has something to do with this post, in fact it's even in the title of this post. My point exact.
    Sure Verizon covers more areas but AT&T is faster.

    Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  5. #65
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Sure Verizon covers more areas but AT&T is faster.
    Yes I know that. In fact I just mentioned it in the very post that you quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Verizon has something to do with this post, in fact it's even in the title of this post. My point exact.
    Yes I know. I can read very well. Thank you for pointing that out. But as I said....the problem here is not Verizon. It's is the iPad2 version MADE FOR Verizon. Not BY Verizon.

  6. #66
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Yes I know that. In fact I just mentioned it in the very post that you quoted.



    Yes I know. I can read very well. Thank you for pointing that out. But as I said....the problem here is not Verizon. It's is the iPad2 version MADE FOR Verizon. Not BY Verizon.
    He won't understand the difference. He apparently either has a reading comprehension problem or is a certified troll.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts