Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connection Issues Cropping up for Verizon 3G iPad 2 Users

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    Just shut up, don't insult other members

You don't even know the facts. It obviously has nothing to do with the network but the chip inside, which would make it apples fault.

We will eventually find the answer, and it will definitely be the hardware.

P.S., I can get 5 bars on my Verizon iPhone at the top of mount snow, vermont, during a freakin blizzard. ATT pales next to that statement, they don't even cover at the bottom of mt snow. My grandma has iPhone and ATT, hers wouldn't work anywhere.
    Insulting members? Look what you just told me? "shut up"
    Quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about. You need to think before you talk because it makes sound unintelligent.
    It's a network issue, not a hardware flaw. Get your facts straight.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about. You need to think before you talk because it makes sound unintelligent.

Lmao....Good Point!!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Really...... A network issue? Then why is Apple planning on dropping a SOFTWARE update to fix it? In my experience this typically indicates a hardware incompatibility with the OS. I hear the lime kool-aid tastes better than the orange color you appear to be drinking in copious amounts.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    Just shut up, don't insult other members

You don't even know the facts. It obviously has nothing to do with the network but the chip inside, which would make it apples fault.

We will eventually find the answer, and it will definitely be the hardware.

P.S., I can get 5 bars on my Verizon iPhone at the top of mount snow, vermont, during a freakin blizzard. ATT pales next to that statement, they don't even cover at the bottom of mt snow. My grandma has iPhone and ATT, hers wouldn't work anywhere.
    All you do is insult other members, for a jailbreak "genius" your an idiot. It's not a hardware flaw it's a software flaw, it will be fixed with an iOS update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Really.... Verizon manufactures their own IPad 2? News to me, I thought Apple did and spec'd all the parts for it. I guess Apple maintains the cellular network instead.
    Haha +100

Really...... A network issue? Then why is Apple planning on dropping a SOFTWARE update to fix it? In my experience this typically indicates a hardware incompatibility with the OS. I hear the lime kool-aid tastes better than the orange color you appear to be drinking in copious amounts.
    Once again, for slow learners like you, it's a network issue and apple will release a software update.
    You need to educate yourself before assuming and posting useless posts.

Sent from my iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    I guess At&t network really is better than Verizon's.
    Dream on

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Why am I not surprised?

Why does this always turn into a flame war? There is no "Better" service out of the two. It all depends on the user's location whether the service is good or not. I've never had a reason to go to any mountain or even Arizona for that matter, so AT&T works for me. If you do, you're free to use Verizon and should be able to do so without insult. Personal preference is just that, your preference. Stop trying to push it on others because there will ALWAYS be people whose opinions differ from yours. Get over it, it happens. Stop trying to fight with every person because you differ on some issues.

If I have helped you, please consider the Thanks button

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Once again, for slow learners like you, it's a network issue and apple will release a software update.
    You need to educate yourself before assuming and posting useless posts.

Now I'm not an expert on this subject so maybe I'm wrong, but.....

If it's a network issue with Verizon....then why is APPLE releasing a software update for ITS device while Verizon does nothing?

I don't see any other Verizon devices or phones having problems connecting to the network so clearly this is a software problem with the iPad....NOT a network problem with Verizon.

An Apple software fix isn't designed to fix a provider network problem. It's designed to fix a problem with the device itself. If it were a network problem with Verizon then most likely you would hear widespread connectivity problems with various phone types and other devices.

And as far as the AT&T model goes....that's a different chipset used and Verizon is NOT the one that manufactures the chipset for the Verizon iPad2 so it is not their fault. Just like AT&T doesnt manufacture the chipset used in their iPad version.

And one more thing.....you claim this is Verizon's fault. So why is Apple investigating the issue and not Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Now I'm not an expert on this subject so maybe I'm wrong, but.....

If it's a network issue with Verizon....then why is APPLE releasing a software update for ITS device while Verizon does nothing?

I don't see any other Verizon devices or phones having problems connecting to the network so clearly this is a software problem with the iPad....NOT a network problem with Verizon.

An Apple software fix isn't designed to fix a provider network problem. It's designed to fix a problem with the device itself. If it were a network problem with Verizon then most likely you would hear widespread connectivity problems with various phone types and other devices.

And as far as the AT&T model goes....that's a different chipset used and Verizon is NOT the one that manufactures the chipset for the Verizon iPad2 so it is not their fault. Just like AT&T doesnt manufacture the chipset used in their iPad version.

And one more thing.....you claim this is Verizon's fault. So why is Apple investigating the issue and not Verizon?

Either way thats Verizon's part, not talking about an actual part inside the iPad, as well since it obviously has network issues.

Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks
    Trying to reason with the unreasonable is often less productive than trying to reason with a rock.

Thanks

Either way thats Verizon's part, not talking about an actual part inside the iPad, as well since it obviously has network issues.

In other words, you're saying that no matter if it is Apple supplied hardware or OS, because it involves the inability to communicate on the network it is strictly the carriers fault? Simple minded theories belong to simple minded people, and your "argument" is a classic example.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So quick to point fingers at verizon, if it was verizon's fault you would not be able to do the work around. You would still not able to connect even after reboot!! If it was verizon's network Apple release new iOS would not magically fix things, shouldn't it be Verizon doing it? It is your precious Apple at fault!!!
    Last edited by unison999; 04-10-2011 at 02:59 PM.

In other words, you're saying that no matter if it is Apple supplied hardware or OS, because it involves the inability to communicate on the network it is strictly the carriers fault? Simple minded theories belong to simple minded people, and your "argument" is a classic example.
    Wrong.
    This is basically what I'm trying to say:

AT&T > Verizon

Sent from my iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That makes about as much sense as saying that water dehydrates you when drinking it.

Wrong.

AT&T > Verizon

That's your opinion....but that still doesn't make what he said wrong. It's quite the opposite actually. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong. Hell we all make mistakes. It's not a big deal.
    Last edited by RICO_; 04-10-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    That makes about as much sense as saying that water dehydrates you when drinking it.

That's your opinion....but that still doesn't make what he said wrong. It's quite the opposite actually. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong. Hell we all make mistakes. It's not a big deal.
    I've had Verizon before and believe me, the network just sucked. So enough was enough, I switched to AT&T and I had no problems whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Wrong.

AT&T > Verizon

Keep drinking that orange cool-aid. It's a pity that AT&T users in my home area are stuck with EDGE. Where you do get a 3G signal with AT&T then yes, the CURRENT topology is faster than Verizon CDMA, now let's throw LTE into the mix and it whomps AT&T 3G.

I'm not sure why but my ipad on 4.3.1 also dont have a 3g conectivity just like my iphone 4 maybe because it was jailbroken... And i'm on gsm carrier not in US so if is not about the jaibreak this mean that is Apple fault..... WAIT FOR A FIX!!!!

Keep drinking that orange cool-aid. It's a pity that AT&T users in my home area are stuck with EDGE. Where you do get a 3G signal with AT&T then yes, the CURRENT topology is faster than Verizon CDMA, now let's throw LTE into the mix and it whomps AT&T 3G.

Keep drinking orange cool-aid?
    Who says that?
    You're an idiot because most people on an AT&T iPhone perform faster than people on Verizon iPhone, network-wise.
    LTE is non-existent, it's more like 3.5G. Also Verizon's so-called "4G" drains the battery faster and it's quite pointless if your phone's battery sucks. Keep lying to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone 4.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast