+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connection Issues Cropping up for Verizon 3G iPad 2 Users

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by hat_15 Well there was a girl that was in line with me that got a 64gb Verizon model and she could never successfully activate a service plan
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hat_15 View Post
    Well there was a girl that was in line with me that got a 64gb Verizon model and she could never successfully activate a service plan to enable 3G with Verizon. Also on a side note there was a guy from the previous day that has screen issues on a Verizon model. One half was black while the other half was ok. Sounds like the Verizon iPad 2 models sucks.
    Not sure how the screen issue applies to Verizon, AT&T or just a Wifi model, your post makes it sound like Verizon is building it themselves.

Thanks

My gut instinct makes me think this is an iOS glitch--as the VZW iPhone 4 uses the exact same chipset, but instead has a different version of iOS (4.3 versus 4.2.6) and baseband (2.0.4 for the iPad versus 1.0.05 or something for the iPhone). To the best of my knowledge, I haven't heard anyone with a Verizon iPhone with these same complaints.

Probably not Verizon's issue to fix, but the way they're handling this irritates me. Implying it's the customer's fault is just wrong, and trying to slide it off to the OEM shows no class.

Thanks

"If you happen to be one of those unfortunate enough to be affected by this problem, a workaround is being reported on multiple forums that seems to overcome the issue. Under settings, simply make sure that your 3G connection is enabled, and restart your iPad. The 3G connection should be reenabled and you should be connected to the Verizon network as soon as you are finished booting up. It's unfortunate that users must restart their devices in order to reactivate their cellular data connection."

Gee, it must be a real chore to have to reset your Ipad 2.

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    Its not even the same sport, I tried the verizon iphone service for 2 days and I wanted to throw that POS out the window.
    Horrible slowness not even 500k down 20k up in the middle of the town.
    cant beat my 3.5mbs down 1.6 mbs up with att.
    I dont even know why apple even bothered to put their product on that network
    I bet you don't travel outside of Tucson much, most of Arizona DOES NOT have 3G with AT&T, Verizon has the state much better covered. I'm sorry you don't get good speeds, but I do up here in Northwestern California and I'm as rural as it gets, AT&T is the slow one here in terms of 3G, it can get pretty bad during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleyeSmith View Post
    I hate Verizon. They're mean. GSM > CDMA.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    agree 100% with u
    You agree with the letter U?

I have to laugh at some of the responses on here, like listening to a Junior High class "But they're mean!"
    Last edited by SoCal Railroader; 04-09-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Railroader View Post

I have to laugh at some of the responses on here, like listening to a Junior High class "But they're mean!"
    THAT makes no sense whatsoever, it's not hard to understand what he/she is agreeing with....

This does sound like an OS issue, Apple will probably release an update to fix it if that's the case. If it's an issue with VZ then that sucks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Verizon iPhone 4 user here. Four bars and full 3G in my girlfriend's "dead signal with AT&T" apartment. Can even play Modern Combat 2 online.

This is definitely an isolated issue with iPad 2 hardware on the Verizon SKU.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Yes of course but either way, that's Verizon's part and it failed.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi

Really.... Verizon manufactures their own IPad 2? News to me, I thought Apple did and spec'd all the parts for it. I guess Apple maintains the cellular network instead.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Banned
    Thanks

Well let's see, two iPad models on two different carriers. Now, if AT&T's model is working properly and Verizon's model is not then there's no way it's the iPad because if that were true then AT&T's model would be affected as well but that's not the case. Common sense leads me that Verizon is in fact the problem. Also it's not, "a few" it's "all of them".
    YOU NEED TO GET SERIOUS.
    Verizon sucks; enough said.

Just shut up, don't insult other members

You don't even know the facts. It obviously has nothing to do with the network but the chip inside, which would make it apples fault.

We will eventually find the answer, and it will definitely be the hardware.

P.S., I can get 5 bars on my Verizon iPhone at the top of mount snow, vermont, during a freakin blizzard. ATT pales next to that statement, they don't even cover at the bottom of mt snow. My grandma has iPhone and ATT, hers wouldn't work anywhere.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Railroader View Post
    "If you happen to be one of those unfortunate enough to be affected by this problem, a workaround is being reported on multiple forums that seems to overcome the issue. Under settings, simply make sure that your 3G connection is enabled, and restart your iPad. The 3G connection should be reenabled and you should be connected to the Verizon network as soon as you are finished booting up. It's unfortunate that users must restart their devices in order to reactivate their cellular data connection."

Gee, it must be a real chore to have to reset your Ipad 2.

I bet you don't travel outside of Tucson much, most of Arizona DOES NOT have 3G with AT&T, Verizon has the state much better covered. I'm sorry you don't get good speeds, but I do up here in Northwestern California and I'm as rural as it gets, AT&T is the slow one here in terms of 3G, it can get pretty bad during the day.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't get u man, lol. Sometimes I wanna say shutup and then I wanna say +1.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
    Verizon iPhone 4 user here. Four bars and full 3G in my girlfriend's "dead signal with AT&T" apartment. Can even play Modern Combat 2 online.

This is definitely an isolated issue with iPad 2 hardware on the Verizon SKU.
    It's just a bunch of whiners that think they are cool by constantly supporting whatever fodder the author feeds them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anybody know of a fix yet. I have been having the same problem since day one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

All this nonsense on who's the best....oh dear! IT ALL DEPENDS on where your located. I'm an AT&T fan myself, my brother, three towns over, is a Verizon fan...he gets excellent service where he is but his verizon sucks where I live and vice-versa. Both carriers have their strong areas/weak areas.

As far as the hype about how AT&T's support sucks, well, I personally have never had one issue with AT&T reps when I needed help with an issue, though few there have been since I've had their service; on the other hand, I cannot say that Verizon's would be better, cuz, I've never had them as my carrier.

So, stop with all the belittling of other members just because they have an opinion of the other network, it really all balls down to where you live and frequent the most, this in my most humbled opinion!

Edited: I firmly believe that it's not going to be a Verizon issue, but rather an IOS issue with the CDMA part of the Verizon iPads, on 3G.

Chris
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 04-09-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: forgot to say...back on topic...
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes of course but either way, that's Verizon's part and it failed.

It's not VZW's part, it's qualcomm(hardware) and Apples part and is like a fail on Apple's end as the problem seems to be in the baseband software. The problem isn't AT&T vs VZW or CDMA vs GSM. Grow up already. I don't like VZW's antiquated network anymore than the next guy but that's why they're phasing it out in favor of LTE which will likely be much more widely deployed before AT&T. Also their LTE is killing WiMAX, HSDPA+, etc. In all of the speed tests. One thing I will tie VZW is coverage and consistency in 3G speeds, even if they are slower. And btw I'm an AT&T customer that is getting fed up with their spotty 3G coverage as of late though it was never a problem for me before.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Darn... Too bad Messany didn't write this article... Lol. Thoes that have been on this site for a few yrs know what I mean. Lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They're holding it wrong. O.O

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Darn... Too bad Messany didn't write this article... Lol. Thoes that have been on this site for a few yrs know what I mean. Lol
    And for those that haven't..?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IcerMize, when ppl reported problems it was with the iphone only as all other devices seemed to worked prefectly, and if other phones where failing and are failing at this moment, its not worth reporting on them for obious reasons, yes the iphone and ipad are superior that anything out there even with the iphone not having a dual core or having a 5mp camera, no other touch screen comes close to what the iphone has had since the iphone 2g.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

i have test my iPhone 4 on att vs my sister iPhone on verizon and verizon is very slow att is faster

So the main point is: verizon sucks

Sent from iPhone using ModMyi
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaderosk8r View Post
    IcerMize, when ppl reported problems it was with the iphone only as all other devices seemed to worked prefectly, and if other phones where failing and are failing at this moment, its not worth reporting on them for obious reasons, yes the iphone and ipad are superior that anything out there even with the iphone not having a dual core or having a 5mp camera, no other touch screen comes close to what the iphone has had since the iphone 2g.

I appreciate you addressing this to me personally but truly have no idea what this has to do with the "Connection Issues Cropping up for Verizon 3G iPad 2 Users" and the statement I made.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Obviously neither iPad is built by the carriers. I was just saying I've heard issues so far from the Verizon model. I know screen has nothing to do with this but just letting others know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Maybe Verizon is doing this to promote the Xoom tablet haha no I think it's apples fault