Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy Officially Halts iPad 2 Sales, Denies Bad Apple Relationship

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Best Buy Officially Halts iPad 2 Sales, Denies Bad Apple Relationship

Last night, we reported that Apple is apparently angry at Best Buy for an iPad 2 sales stunt pulled by company personnel. A Best Buy employee claims that the store was intentionally hoarding reserves and holding off on selling the supply it had in stock. According to rampant speculation, Apple had got upset and effectively turned off iPad 2 supplies to the retail giant, "blacklisting" Best Buy for the time being.

By Friday morning, many had chalked up the report to unfounded rumor-mongering. But on Friday, Best Buy curiously announced that it is suspending sales of the iPad 2 due to "supply constraints." Some are naturally seeing this as evidence of Apple carrying through with its threat to temporarily "blacklist."

"Our stores have been asked to temporarily hold non-reserved iPad 2 inventory for an upcoming promotion," Best Buy spokesman Jeff Haydock tells CNET. "Best Buy continues to receive iPad 2 inventory from Apple on a regular basis. As we've said previously, we are fulfilling customer reservations first. This is a customary practice for us when there are supply constraints. Best Buy enjoys a great partnership with Apple and we're delighted by the customer response to iPad 2."

Following Crunch Gear's initial report about the Best Buy-Apple skirmish, the publication followed up today with a revision to last night's report saying that Apple COO Tim Cook has denied any knowledge of Best Buy withholding iPad 2 supplies, provoking Apple's hot temper. Still, some aren't buying the "all is well and fine" talk coming out of Best Buy and Apple. For many, the timing of last night's report and today's admission that iPad 2 sales are suspended at Best Buy is far too suspicious to chalk up as mere coincidence.

Source: CNET, Crunch Gear

Bad bad best buy, they trying to rack up
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

That's awesome. It's about time someone stood up like that. And it's no surprise that it's Apple to do so. Especially after the letter from management to employees to not push the iPhone because it's not 4G.

Yeah all of this i am afraid is just going to hurt best buy
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

They are being paid off. Probably by RIM or Google

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Bad business Best Buy.... not good

"Always remember your special and unique!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (04-08-2011)

Thanks

yeah, looks like wal-mart will be the leading retailer now. They seem to get bigger shipments in my area than best buy or target. I like BBY, but this is bad juju for them.

Flunk Apple.

Why you say that
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

what a stupid move by BestBuy

Quote Originally Posted by EVILFRED View Post
    Flunk Apple.

Hate them that much do ya.

Hey, I'll buy all our apple products you have listed there

I used to work at best buy we do that all the time and also add a "bundle" pack just to milk more money off consumers and this includes ps3 xbox and other big name product. After quitting from that place I never ever go shop at a best buy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple knows how to hit retailers where it hurts and thats in the pocketbooks.....This is a way for Apple to flex it's muscles and show the other retailers "look what we can and will do to you if you mess up our product sales"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Typical Apple corporate hysteria. Seems like everyone who works for Apple is crazy and stupid, go to a bar and forget about a prototype phone now this...
    Punish all Best Buy for what some schmuck did to make some extra bucks at the store level.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-08-2011 at 05:32 PM.

This is all based on am employee email? This article is highly doubtful and a waste of time reading.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Hopefully this means more units at other retailers such as Wal-Mart and Target. Give us late folk a chance to snag one of these "magical" tablets.
    #eli7e revived me

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    This is all based on am employee email? This article is highly doubtful and a waste of time reading.
    Lol! Glad you read it all!

I thought Best Buy was smarter than that...guess I was wrong!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still haven't buy mine

I still don't understand why people are hating on apple. Anyways I like best buy but what a ****** thing to do. I would be so pissed. I'm buyin my iPad from Walmart. That's if Home Office sends us any

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast