+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Be Seeing Red Over Best Buy's iPad 2 Sales Stunt

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Rumored to Be Seeing Red Over Best Buy's iPad 2 Sales Stunt

Our friends at Crunch Gear are reporting that Apple's ire has been raised by an iPad 2 sales stunt pulled by Best Buy personnel. A Best Buy employee claims that the store was intentionally hoarding reserves and holding off on selling the supply it had in stock. Why? That much isn't clear. And it is, indeed, monumentally baffling.

When Apple got wind of Best Buy telling customers that supplies were depleted (even though they weren't), executives in Cupertino got angry. Very angry. Chief among the reported hotheads was Tim Cook, the acting chief in Steve Jobs' absence. If the report in question is presenting accurate information, here's what we know: Apple is "blacklisting" Best Buy on the iPad 2 for the time being.

The tipster says the Apple rep at his branch of Best Buy "confirmed the story." But much like the editorial discretion of Crunch Gear suggests, it's important to take this sort of report with a grain of salt until we start noticing a complete and utter lack of iPad 2s at Best Buy.

Incredibly, Best Buy is making no shortage of headlines in terms of angering Apple. Earlier this week it was reported that Best Buy pulled a controversial ad from the promotional page for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer, a small but still established competitor of the iPad.

The ad showed an iPad-like product and a keyboard duct-taped together. Next to it was the Transformer. Above the tablets were the words: “Like that. But better.” The Transformer has a clip-on keyboard, while the iPad does not come with a keyboard, although Apple sells keyboard docks for the device.
    It isn't known if Apple had something to do with the yanked ad, but we can't imagine the boys and girls in Cupertino would let this one slide if they knew about it.

Source: Crunch Gear, PC World

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

**** apple !

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe their doing this to make up for the fake iPad stunt?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What happened to the retard who sold the iPad a day early?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iliveudie For This Useful Post:

therockk (04-07-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't f**k with Apple and their money. Or their ninjas will destroy you....and then go to work on you.

Thanks

i wanna see that ad...the asus one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Banned Ad
    Here is the banned ad:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gtthomas4 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (04-08-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtthomas4 View Post
    Here is the banned ad:
    Hah! Awesome!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hold on so does this mean i might not get the ipad from Best buy that i have reserved with a $100 deposit ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chizzle187 For This Useful Post:

m3sport (04-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Ouch. But it makes Best Buy look bad not Apple. Best Buy has had iPads in stock but are holding them from the customers.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

but why? why wouldn't they sell their stock?

very strange!

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Inside job ... saving for special customers.....

Of course big brother Apple isn't happy. They will control every aspect, every small detail down to the letter ..... as long as we let them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Good. Apple doesn't need Best Buy to move iPads, but Best Buy has done quite well for itself as an authorized Apple retailer. I don't know the whole story, but some retard at Best Buy sure screwed the pooch on this one.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Well bestbuy employes probably get a discount on them, supply and demand=raise the price

I'd say good riddance Bestbuy Sucks on prices why not also suck on inside scams

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can also attest that best buy is doing this our local store has 19 at the moment and they're holding them back because they're reasoning is....to build more stock and then sell. Which is messed up in my view. An email to sjobs and tcook is good right about now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ^Inside job ... saving for special customers.....

Of course big brother Apple isn't happy. They will control every aspect, every small detail down to the letter ..... as long as we let them.
    This is just a very dumb comment, in every aspect. Just think about it. Apple is struggling mightily to meet demand for this product, then it finds out one of it's biggest vendors of this product is hording them! "Big brother Apple"?? Any company, small or big would be very pissed about this sort of action. Oh, and you call this a "small detail"??? Really?? I'm not even gonna explain how stupid that part of the post is. I don't know if I have ever seen such a uneducated post here on modmyi.
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Well bestbuy employes probably get a discount on them, supply and demand=raise the price

I'd say good riddance Bestbuy Sucks on prices why not also suck on inside scams
    No actually, Best Buy employees do not get a discount on these products. That's why they're classified as "Authorized Resellers," as they do not actually make money on the products themselves. They are sold "at cost." So unless you have something insightful to say, you might want to not comment on something you're uneducated on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I say Apple kick Best Buy as a distributor. They don't need them. Also ever since my gift cards didn't work towards "reward points", I stopped shopping there. That and the fact that a Frys Electronics opened a store pretty much right next door to the best buy. Granted their customer service might not be the greatest, but when I can walk in Frys and 99.9% of the time they have what I'm looking for while saving at LEAST $20 on computer equipment (except Apple because of their tight hold on pricing) and games, I'm all for it. Long live Frys!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeezaPi View Post
    I say Apple kick Best Buy as a distributor. They don't need them. Also ever since my gift cards didn't work towards "reward points", I stopped shopping there. That and the fact that a Frys Electronics opened a store pretty much right next door to the best buy. Granted their customer service might not be the greatest, but when I can walk in Frys and 99.9% of the time they have what I'm looking for while saving at LEAST $20 on computer equipment (except Apple because of their tight hold on pricing) and games, I'm all for it. Long live Frys!
    Yeah and 99.9% of the time their "stuff" is used and/or defective. I stopped shopping there after every time I purchased something I would literally have to return it due to the fact that it was either defective or clearly used. But anyway, to each his own. I personally would rather shop at a store where I know I'm getting a working product. And with that I say, long live Best Buy! ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    This is just a very dumb comment, in every aspect. Just think about it. Apple is struggling mightily to meet demand for this product, then it finds out one of it's biggest vendors of this product is hording them! "Big brother Apple"?? Any company, small or big would be very pissed about this sort of action. Oh, and you call this a "small detail"??? Really?? I'm not even gonna explain how stupid that part of the post is. I don't know if I have ever seen such a uneducated post here on modmyi.
    I have.... and so have you, when people post "First!" and nothing else, yet they managed to be the second person to make the post lmao.