+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consumer Reports Crowns iPad 2 Market's Top Tablet

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Consumer Reports has a spotty history when it comes to backing Apple products (iPhone 4 'death grip' should ring a bell), but the long-time consumer advocate publication isn't reserved in
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Consumer Reports Crowns iPad 2 Market's Top Tablet

Consumer Reports has a spotty history when it comes to backing Apple products (iPhone 4 'death grip' should ring a bell), but the long-time consumer advocate publication isn't reserved in the slightest when it comes to propping up Apple's second generation iPad as the overall best tablet computer on the market today.

"After almost a year in which the Apple iPad has been virtually the only game in town in tablet computers," CR wrote on Tuesday, "some serious competitors are finally hitting the market. Yet in Consumer Reports latest tests of the 10 most-promising tablet computers, the Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi and 3G topped the Ratings."

To reach their endorsing conclusion, Consumer Reports "tested" ten competing tablets (from the likes of Archos, Dell, Motorola, Samsung, and ViewSonic), including such formidable heavy-hitters as Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab. In total, the 32GB iPad 2 with WiFi and 3G placed first "across 17 criteria" - such as portability, touch-screen responsiveness, versatility, screen glare, and ease of use. It is interesting to note that the original iPad tied with the Motorola Xoom, according to Consumer Reports.

"So far, Apple is leading the tablet market in both quality and price, which is unusual for a company whose products are usually premium priced," said Paul Reynolds, Consumer Reports' electronics editor. "However, it's likely we'll see more competitive pricing in tablets as other models begin to hit the market."

To read the Consumer Reports' rundown of their head-to-head tablet competition, click here.

Source: Consumer Reports

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

dimplenicko (04-07-2011)

Thanks

LOL..Consumer Report's is a Joke. They rated the iPhone as a piece of Junk where as every OTHER reviewer gave it a MUCH more favorable review. I'd NEVER trust them for "GO-TO-GUY'S",lol. I Think personally Cnet is the one to Top. They break it down hence why I CHOSE the iPad, and My Current Laptop as well.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AKCHRIS For This Useful Post:

LEVMAN (04-07-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

uhhh what they say about iPhone 4 is the truth, even now I still have antennagate problems. Forcing me using a bumper ruin the original design of the phone, what is the point to design iPhone 4 the way it is if it was ment to be covered up? So what they said is true and not like all other lemmings jump on iPhone4 bandwagon. They may have saved a few people who actually required great reception from buying iPhone 4, they are doing what they are suppose to do protecting consumers.
    I do not like consumer reports, but there is truth in what they say.
    As for crowning iPad #1 for tablet... Is it really that hard to figure out that we need an article in consumer reports and reiterated here?
    Last edited by unison999; 04-05-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'd like to know which of the 17 categories the iPad 2 DIDN'T top the charts and why. If Consumer Reports is gonna hail this product with a great review then they need to post the bad as well as the good. The report said it placed in the top in "nearly" every category. But what exactly are ALL of the categories? And which ones did the iPad2 NOT place at the top of?

Not a good enough review.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I'd like to know which of the 17 categories the iPad 2 DIDN'T top the charts and why. If Consumer Reports is gonna hail this product with a great review then they need to post the bad as well as the good. The report said it placed in the top in "nearly" every category. But what exactly are ALL of the categories? And which ones did the iPad2 NOT place at the top of?

Not a good enough review.
    You have to subscribe or buy the new magazine for the full review chief.

Thanks

I don't seem to have that problem with my iPhone. I get GREAT Reception with mine.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree that the iPad 2 is the best tablet on the market... none even come close as far as I am concern.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I have to agree that the iPad 2 is the best tablet on the market... none even come close as far as I am concern.
    You have had yours less than 6 hours how can you give your opinion yet? Lmao Jk luv ya toothy
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (04-05-2011)

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't had a chance to play around on one yet. But I did stop in at the apple store while at the mall just to pick it up and check out the size and weight difference between that and my original iPad, and I must say.... I am very pleased!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 2 ipad 1. My wife and me. We both love it. I find myself using my laptop less and less. I played with a xoom today. It is very nice! I love that it has flash. One of my work websites uses flash and I miss this with the ipda. I actually remote desktop into my laptop and run the site like that, not very elegant...
    The xoom was able to log into the site and use it with no lag and no problems! I am a Doctor and we are adopting the ipad like crazy but when we cannot access these sites that use flash apps for work WE will move over to soemthing else like the xoom! APPLE take heed.......

Just noticed that they are a sponser on this site!! How cool! Practicefusion!
    Last edited by Dranon; 04-05-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone sucram6791's Avatar
    Thanks

what other tablet would they rate and recommend as the best? the galaxy tab? haha that's funny

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^ really? Ur advertising urself on modmyi?

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Anything to get back in the spotlight after their "glowing" iPhone4 review. Consumer Reports is a joke... a bad joke that's not the least bit funny.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Meh, the iPad 2 is pretty cool I guess, but it's just meh at the moment.. I'll save my own review for when it's jailbroken (looking at you, comex).

Samsung's coming up with a tablet that looks like its going to challenge the iPad 2 on every front -- now that's gonna make for an interesting tablet showdown.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Meh, the iPad 2 is pretty cool I guess, but it's just meh at the moment.. I'll save my own review for when it's jailbroken (looking at you, comex).

Samsung's coming up with a tablet that looks like its going to challenge the iPad 2 on every front -- now that's gonna make for an interesting tablet showdown.
    That's what every new tablet has said.

And the iPad 2 is awesome none jb

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The closest tablet was the Xoom and that tied with the original iPad. If you read the whole article CR tells you what category it didn't score high in. This isn't a surprise, the iPad 2 is easily the best tablet on the market just like its predecessor!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    I have 2 ipad 1. My wife and me. We both love it. I find myself using my laptop less and less. I played with a xoom today. It is very nice! I love that it has flash. One of my work websites uses flash and I miss this with the ipda. I actually remote desktop into my laptop and run the site like that, not very elegant...
    The xoom was able to log into the site and use it with no lag and no problems! I am a Doctor and we are adopting the ipad like crazy but when we cannot access these sites that use flash apps for work WE will move over to soemthing else like the xoom! APPLE take heed.......

Just noticed that they are a sponser on this site!! How cool! Practicefusion!
    tell that site to move to HTML5 then.. it would be even more elegant.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    That's what every new tablet has said.

And the iPad 2 is awesome none jb
    So true. Just like the "iPhone Killer" phones

Thanks

i know right

iPhone? More like MyPhone Team Infecti0n's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad 2, really? That was completely unexpected... I just heard about the ASUS Windows 7 Slate. Now that's going to own
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------
    FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERHUGEA
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------