Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Raises Curtain on First iPad 2 Commercial

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Raises Curtain on First iPad 2 Commercial

Apple has debuted the first commercial for its second generation tablet... you know, just in case there are one or two people left on the planet who haven't heard about it. Less than one month old, the previously commercial-less iPad 2 has already taken the global tablet community by storm, with near sell-outs reported in almost every country in which the product has been made available.

In the new TV commercial, Apple doesn't roll out the red carpet for a grand presentation of the refreshed tablet's many upgraded features and new attributes. Instead, the commercial waxes philosophical and emphasizes the unique user experience enjoyed by iPad 2 owners.

"This is what we believe," the ad starts. "Technology alone is not enough. Faster, thinner, lighter...those are all good things. But when technology gets out of the way, everything becomes more delightful...even magical. That's when you leap forward. That's when you end up with something like this."

Apple's freshly unveiled commercial is yet to appear on television as far as we know. For now, the spot has only turned up on Apple's website and official YouTube channel. It's a safe bet, however, that the spot will air on television in its current form (or a slight variation thereof) at some point in the near future.

UPDATE
    The commercial has begun airing on national television as of this weekend

Source: Apple
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 04-03-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Oh wow

Thanks

ABC/ESPN has shown this commercial a few times within the last couple of days.
    Who died and made you king?!

Game Center Username: bllewisii

When technology like TSS servers, carrier locks, digital rights management, and software-based restrictions get out of the way, everything becomes more delightful. Even magical. That's when you leap forward. That's when you end up with something like this:

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (04-04-2011), Amraam (04-03-2011), BadJ3d1 (04-03-2011), calebratm (04-03-2011), ty22 (04-04-2011), VaderForce (04-03-2011)

With the one person on the planet thing... U said that for the Verizon iPhone essany

Too bad no one can buy it for months lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Gawk...pretentious much Apple?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

Amraam (04-03-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow.....................wow..................epic FAIL!

I think apples commercials have always been kinda stupid but wow this piece of crap apple bloating thier ego more. It's like " hey people look at us we are apple the best tech company ever". Don't misunderstand me I love apple product but I think they need to get thier heads out of ***

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nice commercial Apple. Now take your own advice and "get out of the way" and leave the jailbreaking scene alone.

Apple has such a way of capturing us into a commercial.
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    When technology like TSS servers, carrier locks, digital rights management, and software-based restrictions get out of the way, everything becomes more delightful. Even magical. That's when you leap forward. That's when you end up with something like this:

You know, that would look even better without the icon labels right?... At least IMO

Apple adverts are really starting to annoy me. I bet Steve Jobs has sex with his iPod

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    With the one person on the planet thing... U said that for the Verizon iPhone essany
    What's your point? Can he not say something like that again cause he's already said it?....

This commercial is alright, I like the upbeat colorful commercials Apple comes out with. This one just seemed serious, not as lively. Still good ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Apple adverts are really starting to annoy me. I bet Steve Jobs has sex with his iPod
    Wow...fail!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 04-03-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Saw this yesterday during the NCAA tourney

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    This comm made my day, +1

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...that was a lame advert, I don't even get what it means by when Technology gets out of the way, the iPad is technology so if you got rid of it, the iPad wouldn't be there.....huh.....lolwut?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

I believe this ad contrasts what other adverts are showing. Rather than focusing on technical power (RAM, graphics, etc.), it is about the experience.

Some examples of that focus: lighter, faster, thinner. Apple never had to mention any (technical) specs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Yay
    My latest theme - -

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And what is up with Burger King doing a mock of the iPhone/iPad commercials with their advertisement for their Chicken Tenders? As if Apple doesn't have enough encouragement.

I'm sure mmi will have a thread on that shortly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast