Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPad 2 Reportedly Sold Out in Most International Markets

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,852
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

    Default iPad 2 Reportedly Sold Out in Most International Markets


    It will come as little surprise to many that Apple has reportedly sold out of the iPad 2 in most of the 25 countries that received the second generation tablet just this past Friday. According to multiple consumer reports and just as many published mainstream media investigations, the tablet was largely sold out by Saturday in almost every market in which it became available just 24 hours earlier.

    By 5:00 pm Friday in London, images had surfaced of long lines outside of some stores that likely contained more people than the store contained iPad 2s. Such was the case in Germany, Australia, Canada, and countless other nations that have watched iPad 2 fever grip the US during the past two weeks.

    According to Fortune magazine, Apple's Opera Store in Paris sailed through an inventory of better than 3,000 iPad 2s between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Friday alone. By Saturday morning, the long lines greeted the official start of business. And the "shelves were bare" long before closing time on Saturday.

    At this stage, no concrete numbers regarding Apple's overall iPad 2 sales (US and International) have been reported, but that's expected to change next month when the Cupertino, California tech giant reports earnings for its second fiscal quarter. Ironically, midnight on Saturday - the time by which most iPad 2s had been sold out - marked the last day of Apple's second quarter. As a result, the iPad 2 sales tally for Q2 might be through the roof, despite the product's release late in the quarter.

    Source: Fortune

  2. #2
    I got nothing....


    My local Apple store didn't get 3,000 ipad's. What's up with that?
    Last edited by vindutch; 03-27-2011 at 06:55 PM.

  3. #3
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    bought a used car yesterday and was thrilled when told that the promotion they were having at the dealership was a free ipad to anyone who bought a certified used honda. we almost **** ourselves.

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    I cant wait to see some sales numbers

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 395 Times in 146 Posts

    I got my iPad2 on Thursday. Sold my first gen same day on Craigslist.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,955
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

    I want to get a factory unlocked in Malaysia because the ones sold in Canada is locked to a carrier.

  8. #8
    Lucky for me I just got a notice today saying my iPad was shipped. Woot

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Is that any surprise that it's sold out? I want one uber-bad

  10. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Patriots Area
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts

    Suprise suprise

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    I said before crApple are morons. If they want to sell more then ship more to shops.
    They are only selling less due to their own stupidity.

    Some people wont wait months for an iPad, they will just get whatever is on the shelf at that time. I know a few people that want a tablet and when they go to get one they will get whatever is in stock at that time so I guess they wont be getting an iPad as they are never in stock.

  12. #12
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,750
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 632 Times in 556 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I want to get a factory unlocked in Malaysia because the ones sold in Canada is locked to a carrier.
    Pretty sure these are unlocked.

    On the other hand, man you Canadians get screwed on electronic prices. The Canadian dollar is stronger than the American (by a fair chunk), and yet your prices are a baseline 20 dollars higher (25 USD).

    Aussies get housed worse apparently. $580 AUD for the $500 USD iPad (and the AUD is stronger than both the CAD and USD).

    Anyway, OT: not surprised. Another new mobile Apple product sells like hotcakes.

  13. #13
    Developer psilocybin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    I had to stand in line for 9 hours to get mine. Was first to walk out of the store with it wohoo haha

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by some_sort_of_craziness View Post
    Lucky for me I just got a notice today saying my iPad was shipped. Woot

    Been tracking my white iPad 2 it arrives Wednesday!! Hopefully selling my iPad 1 shortly thereafter. Congrats!

    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    Pretty sure these are unlocked.

    On the other hand, man you Canadians get screwed on electronic prices. The Canadian dollar is stronger than the American (by a fair chunk), and yet your prices are a baseline 20 dollars higher (25 USD).

    Aussies get housed worse apparently. $580 AUD for the $500 USD iPad (and the AUD is stronger than both the CAD and USD).

    Anyway, OT: not surprised. Another new mobile Apple product sells like hotcakes.
    I thought us in the uk got screwed the most 559 for 64gb wifi = $900

    I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I said before crApple are morons. If they want to sell more then ship more to shops.
    They are only selling less due to their own stupidity.

    Some people wont wait months for an iPad, they will just get whatever is on the shelf at that time. I know a few people that want a tablet and when they go to get one they will get whatever is in stock at that time so I guess they wont be getting an iPad as they are never in stock.
    I agree, they could have had a much better quarter had they had more available at launch. I'm also disappointed that Apple had thousands available at some of their stores but local Best Buy and other stores didn't even get 20.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    bought a used car yesterday and was thrilled when told that the promotion they were having at the dealership was a free ipad to anyone who bought a certified used honda. we almost **** ourselves.
    LoooooooL
    Damn
    Are you serious they gave one away??:-)
    Why don't we ever get such promotions in Jerusalem ?? Heck the iPad2 isn't even here yet:-(

  18. #18
    What's Jailbreak? digitalsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    To be fair the$576 aud includes taxes and afaik the US don't and I think Canada is the same as the US.

  19. #19
    Here in Mexico, the $829.00 (around $900 tax inc.) sells for $12,000 MXN (around $1000 USD).

    By the way, I ordered one through Telmex on Friday, and they said it should arrive by Wednesday or Thursday to my door. Nice.
    Last edited by androd25; 03-28-2011 at 01:20 AM.

  20. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Everything apple makes sells out. I wish I could go back in time and by stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •