+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Reportedly Sold Out in Most International Markets

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by Rob2G Everything apple makes sells out. I wish I could go back in time and by stock. That would be great
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Everything apple makes sells out. I wish I could go back in time and by stock.
    That would be great

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To you and the user you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I agree, they could have had a much better quarter had they had more available at launch. I'm also disappointed that Apple had thousands available at some of their stores but local Best Buy and other stores didn't even get 20.
    Come on lads, do you really think that if apple could have predicted that they would sell this much, and could get them manufactured quick enough then they would have.. Also, by there being a shortage increases the hype even more making more people want them etc...

Im not being funny, but I don't believe you are in any position to slate Apples business plan...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    bought a used car yesterday and was thrilled when told that the promotion they were having at the dealership was a free ipad to anyone who bought a certified used honda. we almost **** ourselves.
    That has to be the funniest and best story I have heard. Thanks. LMAO!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking No queue for iPad2 on 25th UK
    After finding out the queue at the Apple store Covent Garden (UK) reached 500+ at 1:30pm I lost all hope of getting an iPad2 for my birthday, however on my way home from work at 2:30 I passed a PC World in Enfield with no queue outside??
    I poped my head in the door to find the queue inside with only 4 people in it.
    Talk about the store that got forgot. Woooooohoooooo
    Mind Spin

Green Apple
    Thanks

Most of the people on this forum were probably not born during the heyday of Atari, let alone remember them going out of business multiple times (let alone why). Basically, they glutted the market with product, and couldn't market to save their lives. They had great products, just horrendous marketing tactics. Some of you may remember the Jaguar, which was at least the 3rd time they basically put themselves out of business before just getting out of the hardware market altogether.

Apple seems to at least remember some of these moments in history and I doubt anyone would argue they are masters of marketing. I read some of these comments, and horrendous grammar aside, I have to wonder what is being taught in school these days, because it's not English, history, economics, math, or just common sense.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ishamiyal For This Useful Post:

tsatryan (03-28-2011)

Thanks

^ 

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Willsey View Post
    To you and the user you quoted.

Come on lads, do you really think that if apple could have predicted that they would sell this much, and could get them manufactured quick enough then they would have.. Also, by there being a shortage increases the hype even more making more people want them etc...

Im not being funny, but I don't believe you are in any position to slate Apples business plan...
    When the iPad was the only tablet on the market then yea, they can make people wait but now there are multiple tablets so if they make people wait they will just go to whatever is in stock and crApple are shooting themselves in the foot and losing sales for their own stupidity of holding sales back.

They would've known they will sell lots on the first week so they should've had more made and delivered.

They did it in the past with the first iPad and they are doing it again with the iPad 2 so how can you say they didn't know? Where have you been for the last year?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    When the iPad was the only tablet on the market then yea, they can make people wait but now there are multiple tablets so if they make people wait they will just go to whatever is in stock and crApple are shooting themselves in the foot and losing sales for their own stupidity of holding sales back.

They would've known they will sell lots on the first week so they should've had more made and delivered.

They did it in the past with the first iPad and they are doing it again with the iPad 2 so how can you say they didn't know? Where have you been for the last year?
    I hate to break this to you, but it has been about 1 year since the release of the 1st iPad. In that time, they (Apple) have designed, prototyped, tooled up a factory (this takes a lot of time), and produced about a million units for the initial release. You don't have the 1st clue what you are talking about, and your comment is so asinine as to be laughable. Apple is undoubtedly producing as many units as possible to keep up with staggering demand in the face of major supply chain issues precisely because there are other tablets on the market now- not to mention that Japan is in complete disarray after the quake and tsunami.
    Last edited by ishamiyal; 03-28-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but it has been about 1 year since the release of the 1st iPad. In that time, they (Apple) have designed, prototyped, tooled up a factory (this takes a lot of time), and produced about a million units for the initial release. You don't have the 1st clue what you are talking about, and your comment is so asinine as to be laughable. Apple is undoubtedly producing as many units as possible to keep up with staggering demand in the face of major supply chain issues precisely because there are other tablets on the market now- not to mention that Japan is incomplete disarray after the quake and tsunami.
    Well said and if you really want an iPad you will wait! I will

11. The Following User Says Thank You to manickbarry For This Useful Post:

ishamiyal (03-28-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Exactly, and let's be honest, I personally do not consider anything on the market competition for the iPad, and though I suppose that is debatable, Steve Jobs is definitely on record espousing the same belief.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

Stop posting please you have no idea what you're talking about
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

^. Correct. And I wonder if some of these people were also complaining that they could do better when... Wii, Microsoft, Sony and company had the same issue... High demand for a product is great for biz... People complaining about Apples marketing and claiming they will not wait is a little false. I don't see any lines for the other "iPad" killers. Rock on Apple!

I would love to be an Apple fan boy...If Apple would just open up production in the USA!!! That would be sweet, 100% made in the USA. They could make up for a great deal of job loss (damn motor city...wait didn't they flood the market with their products in hopes someone would buy them? hmmmmmm. Perhaps some of the posters claiming to be business gurus use to work for some of thoes FAILED companies. Circuit City anyone???)
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 03-28-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Huge Android fanboy here. Was on Android and iPhone back and forth since 2008. Got really comfortable with Android until I realized I just wasn't getting the applications and fluidity I wanted. But in all honesty it's back and forth as far as phones go.

When it comes to tablets though, there is no "as good as" the iPad. It's just on another level. Even my girlfriend wants one and my mom. And they'll wait too. Because to them iPad is the only "iPad" out there.

Nintendo had the same problem with the Wii. Being out of stock didn't mean more Xboxes and PS3's being sold. It just meant people waiting. And people will wait for this too. I know I already am.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Got mine last Thursday!!! Now I have the original and the iPad 2...woohoo!! Kept calling my local best buy and they always said they didn't have any in, actually drive there, walked in and they had about 20 in stock! I ended up with a white one, rather than my preferred black, but got one, now I'm as happy as a rooster in a hen house!!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by some_sort_of_craziness View Post
    Lucky for me I just got a notice today saying my iPad was shipped. Woot
    how long did you have to wait before they shipped it out? :S

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

Apple has reportedly sold out of the iPad 2 in most of the 25 countries that received the second generation tablet just this past Friday.
    This just in...water is wet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by androd25 View Post
    Here in Mexico, the $829.00 (around $900 tax inc.) sells for $12,000 MXN (around $1000 USD).

By the way, I ordered one through Telmex on Friday, and they said it should arrive by Wednesday or Thursday to my door. Nice.
    829*12.5= 10,362*1.16= $12,020 so the price is right it includes the 16% sales tax for Mexico and the conversion rate is about average and you'll get a Mexico warranty, so don't be fooled by people that tell you that everything is cheaper in the US.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ddaniel87 View Post
    829*12.5= 10,362*1.16= $12,020 so the price is right it includes the 16% sales tax for Mexico and the conversion rate is about average and you'll get a Mexico warranty, so don't be fooled by people that tell you that everything is cheaper in the US.
    That was my point, there is no much difference from the US prices. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I got the iPad today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I m waiting for last 9 days for my new apple gadget.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12