+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New York Times Rolling Out Subscription Service for Digital Edition

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by krosis I have no problem paying for quality news reporting, and I sympathize with the industry that's struggling to find a business model that works in the
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    I have no problem paying for quality news reporting, and I sympathize with the industry that's struggling to find a business model that works in the digital age.

But when they try to charge twice as much for something that costs them half as much, my sympathy rapidly fades away.
    My thoughts exactly! I was excited to see some of my favorite magazines come to the iPad, but when it costs so much more than the physical copy, they can keep it. Of course they have to give a percentage to Apple, but it couldn't be more than it costs to print and distribe the magazines.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    Removing the app as we speak...
    Deleted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iliveudie View Post

And I agree with you here. I absolutely hate paying to download something then being disappointed. It infuriates me.

If I enjoy the app I "test" then I buy it through the app store. If I don't, I delete it permanently.

I don't support piracy, but I do support being able to test applications, which I why I believe EVERY application should have a free trial version. But unfortunately, most do not. Which is why alternate (and unspeakable on this website) solutions are acceptable in some circumstances.
    totally agree. i just spent $9.99 on Zagat to Go and I hate the app.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12