Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 International Launch Delay Now Seems 'Inevitable'

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default iPad 2 International Launch Delay Now Seems 'Inevitable'

On April 14th 2010 Apple released a statement announcing what we had all pretty much expected to hear by that time. Given the "higher than predicted" initial demand for the first generation iPad, the tablet's international launch was delayed from the end of April to the end of May. Not surprisingly, many are wondering today if Apple will be forced to similarly delay the presently scheduled March 25th iPad 2 international launch.

On Tuesday, following word that delivery estimates for online iPad 2 orders now stand at 4 to 5 weeks, John Paczkowski of Digital Daily addressed the pink elephant in the living room by openly speculating that the iPad 2 international launch may be delayed. Although Paczkowski suggests that domestic product shortages could be evidence of Apple's plan to continue with the March 25th global roll out as scheduled, it seems much more likely that Apple's supply is simply being drained by unbridled demand.

Further complicating the international launch is the recent tragic earthquake in Japan. On March 25, Japan was to join the 26 countries to receive the iPad 2 along with Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, and Spain. But given the level of difficulty in getting humanitarian assistance to the Japanese people at present, it's unlikely that shipments of the iPad 2 are on the minds of many Japanese citizens today. Consequently, there is no shortage of adverse factors that now make a delay appear inevitable for the iPad 2 international launch. But until Apple says differently, we have no choice but to proceed as though the launch schedule remains unchanged.

Source: Digital Daily
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 03-15-2011 at 03:48 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011), mmaboi21 (03-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

On April 14th 2010 Apple released a statement announcing what we had all pretty much expected to hear by that time. Given the "higher than predicted" initial demand for the first generation iPad, the tablet's international launch was delayed from the end of April to the end of May. Not surprisingly, many are wondering today if Apple will be forced to similarly delay the presently scheduled March 25th iPad 2 international launch.

On Tuesday, following word that delivery estimates for online iPad 2 orders now stand at 4 to 5 weeks, John Paczkowski of Digital Daily addressed the pink elephant in the living room by openly speculating that the iPad 2 international launch may be delayed. Although Paczkowski suggests that domestic product shortages could be evidence of Apple's plan to continue with the March 25th global roll out as scheduled, it seems much more likely that Apple's supply is simply being drained by unbridled demand.

Further complicating the international launch is the recent tragic earthquake in Japan. On March 25, Japan was to join the 26 countries to receive the iPad 2 along with Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, and Spain. But given the level of difficulty in getting humanitarian assistance to the Japanese people at present, it's unlikely that shipments of the iPad 2 are on the minds of many Japanese citizens today. Consequently, there is no shortage of adverse factors that now make a delay appear inevitable for the iPad 2 international launch. But until Apple says differently, we have no choice but to proceed as though the launch schedule remains unchanged.

Source: Digital Daily
    Hope I get mine on April 8th

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mikerlx For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    John Paczkowski ... openly speculating that the iPad 2 international launch may be delayed.
    Sadly, the Japanese have more pressing things to worry about, but it seems more like reality; demand outstrips supply and the US online orders are unfulfilled.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vedavis For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

NO disrepect to the people of Japan but it would be stupid to delay all other countries because of what is going there. What is stupid is Apple should know by now that a launch for example the IP4 and original Ipad have never gone like they planned it to so why a company that size after 2bungled launched cant get this one right with dates ect is beyond me, if they say the 24th for Canada then make it happen. I love apple products but am getting tired of the constant date changes and pushes when they should be able to see stuff like this coming by now !
    MacBook Pro 17"
    Imac 27"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmoss For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Hope I get mine on April 8th
    Is it necessary to quote the whole article?
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmurphmsu For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011), Poseidon79 (03-15-2011)

Thanks

Figures

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoss View Post
    What is stupid is Apple should know by now that a launch for example the IP4 and original Ipad have never gone like they planned it to so why a company that size after 2bungled launched cant get this one right with dates ect is beyond me, if they say the 24th for Canada then make it happen. I love apple products but am getting tired of the constant date changes and pushes when they should be able to see stuff like this coming by now !
    Launch date delays are not exclusive to Apple, in Apple's case they are compounded by the demand for the products they launch.

If it is delayed then you have 2 choices, wait or buy a comparable alternative :lol

Guess we know the answer to that one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chillihound For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No other Tech News site I've been on is assuming a delay for the other 25 countries? The consensus is that only Japan's Launch will be delayed, as per Apple's statement.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just received an email confirmation that Fedex has my package and estimating a delivery date of March 22 with delays due to the earthquake. I actually ordered mine online at Apple.com at 4AM early Friday morning of launch day. I thought I would've been one of the first to receive it. Disappointed.

But under the circumstances, my prayers go out to our Japanese brethren.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -fedex.gif  
    Last edited by teddyf1; 03-15-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Typo

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teddyf1 For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011), metaljay (03-15-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

4/17/11 Playbook release date

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CX3NT3_713 For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    No other Tech News site I've been on is assuming a delay for the other 25 countries? The consensus is that only Japan's Launch will be delayed, as per Apple's statement.
    I think Essany was just posting what he heard or read, that's why he said, "But until Apple says differently, we have no choice but to proceed as though the launch schedule remains unchanged." at the end. Except for what Apple's said about Japan like you stated If that makes sense at all...lol

22. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

Literally just picked up iPad 2 64gb white at target. Haven't opened waiting to get a case. Stoked!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to glassJAw For This Useful Post:

elehcdn (03-15-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Is that weird?
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Are you asking me? Well if you are. Kinda, where I'm from the closest apple store is probably 2hrs away. We have a best buy three targets and a couple of wal-marts and all three locations were sold out and were not expecting to receive any more till a couple weeks out. I guess it's not weird just odd that I beat the masses in my town. Still haven't opened it. :-/

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I bet it gets delayed at least a month

What are the 26 countries?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

Ughh it needs to get delayed more than that. It's sold out like everywhere right now and i can't get one. Wait till the shortages end before you start sending them to every silly place on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by chillihound View Post
    Launch date delays are not exclusive to Apple, in Apple's case they are compounded by the demand for the products they launch.

If it is delayed then you have 2 choices, wait or buy a comparable alternative :lol

Guess we know the answer to that one.
    Oh you mean something with better hardware and a better OS? Guess I'm getting a Xoom

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Oh you mean something with better hardware and a better OS? Guess I'm getting a Xoom
    Better OS? That's personal choice, just like some prefer OSX over Windows.

What's better on the Xoom's hardware? The display resolution is slighty better, and better cameras... who cares! It weighs twice as much as the iPad 2, and doesn't bring any gamechanging elements to the table over the iPad, and the Xoom is more expensive.

Enjoy your Xoom while I zoom away on my comfy iPad 2 for 10.5 hours.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhoenix View Post
    Ughh it needs to get delayed more than that. It's sold out like everywhere right now and i can't get one. Wait till the shortages end before you start sending them to every silly place on Earth.

I'm pretty sure Apple enjoys a healthy amount of shortages. If Apple creates more shortages world wide, it increases overall hype. Why would they only sell the the USA instead of a global market which combined is larger than the US market? Sure it sold out fast, but it will sell out everywhere, creating a "shortage" and making news all over the world.

Not to mention, only selling to one of the most struggling economies in the world, probably isn't a great idea. Get your foot in as many market shaped doors as possible. Even all those "silly" places outside of America.