+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Demand Pushes Delivery Time to 4-5 Weeks

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I don't understand the discontent. It is great at what it is designed to do.
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand the discontent. It is great at what it is designed to do.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So I bought two iPads for about 1600, just sold one on eBay for 1450.

I LOVE apple launches they make their money, and when iPad 3 drops I will make a profit selling my iPad 2, rinse and repeat
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

Sooo glad I cancelled my order and sucked it up and waited in line for an 1.5 Now I'm typing away on my new ipizzledizzle!
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 03-15-2011 at 11:09 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it possible for the ipad to be delivered later than the date stated on your order receipt?

Thanks

^ maybe, maybe not :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apen09 View Post
    Is it possible for the ipad to be delivered later than the date stated on your order receipt?
    No, if anything it will be delivered sooner.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rashad1 For This Useful Post:

apen09 (03-15-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyDan View Post
    Anyone think the earthquake affecting japan and other parts of the world might affect shipment? I mean FFS people are dying and all you care about is your delivery of a new toy. Shame on you all. I hope your orders are at the bottom of the ocean and you have to wait longer for them.
    When did anyone on here say they wouldn't understand if their shipment was late due to the disaster? I haven't read a comment about anyone saying they don't care whats going on in Japan right now, as long as they get their order here on time everything's good... Plus they get shipped from China not Japan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roseolegario View Post
    it's so sad to know how humans are so attached to electronic devices nowadays...
    And you are posting on a blog site tailored to electronic devices.

Get the F#@$ outta here!

Electronic devices saves lives and helps keep the world in a better place. Would you rather we go back to doing things manually?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post

I LOVE apple launches they make their money, and when iPad 3 drops I will make a profit selling my iPad 2, rinse and repeat
    I generally hate resellers but props to you my friend.

You flipped that sucker the right way. How did you get 2 though? I thought it was 1 per customer?
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 03-15-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyDan View Post
    Anyone think the earthquake affecting japan and other parts of the world might affect shipment? I mean FFS people are dying and all you care about is your delivery of a new toy. Shame on you all. I hope your orders are at the bottom of the ocean and you have to wait longer for them.
    Thats a little extreme....i mean a delay is understandable but bottom of ocean...that i cant handle

Thanks

Just typical which means I bet the launch date of the 25th here in Canada will get pushed as usual. Dont why why Apple can never plan a launch right !
    MacBook Pro 17"
    Imac 27"

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This isn't unexpected. Every major new product launch they sell out immediately... shipping times increase and it takes at least 2 months for supply and demand to equal out where you can walk into a store and buy one without issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If you saw the lines and how many were sold, you would realize that it is not just some hype.
    I DO think they carry the business out in such a fashion that they make sure as many units get sold as possible and keeping extra inventory low. They've done a masterful job at knowing when the "hype" has died down and no longer have to fully stock certain products. Can't argue that EVERY product release for major products ends up like this, and they bask in the "sold out" reports because they know as soon as they re-up, subsequent shipments end up gobbled up asap. Sales high, extra stock low. Sucks for the excited consumer, major points for producer.

Apple is too good of a company to "conveniently" not be able to gauge consumer demand by this point. They'd have people online early as can be with credit cards in hand, and the remaining masses in line days before product launch, with the many who end up empty-handed being Angry Birds with no worm. EXACTLY what any manufacturer would want. And you've got to be amazed at that fact, especially in THESE financial times and the prices of their products.

Now gimme my points for working Angry Birds in there (0=

Green Apple
    Thanks

Posting on my iPad now. Loving it.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    I DO think they carry the business out in such a fashion that they make sure as many units get sold as possible and keeping extra inventory low. They've done a masterful job at knowing when the "hype" has died down and no longer have to fully stock certain products. Can't argue that EVERY product release for major products ends up like this, and they bask in the "sold out" reports because they know as soon as they re-up, subsequent shipments end up gobbled up asap. Sales high, extra stock low. Sucks for the excited consumer, major points for producer.

Apple is too good of a company to "conveniently" not be able to gauge consumer demand by this point. They'd have people online early as can be with credit cards in hand, and the remaining masses in line days before product launch, with the many who end up empty-handed being Angry Birds with no worm. EXACTLY what any manufacturer would want. And you've got to be amazed at that fact, especially in THESE financial times and the prices of their products.

Now gimme my points for working Angry Birds in there (0=
    I wouldn't agree with this. You have to look at the whole picture. Right now as we type Apple is working out design specs for the iPad 3. They won't know the final design for many months after testing. Lets say they finalize the design in the 4th quarter of this year. Now they have to secure vendors and parts for MILLIONS of components that go into it. This will take months to build up inventory. They start production in January and manufacture as many as they can for release day. Also keep in mind they released the iPad 2 a month ahead of schedule so they sacrificed an entire month's worth of production to push their product out by March.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    How many millions of units does a company have to sell before you are willing not to write it off as just hooked fanbois?
    Dont bother trying to convince an iHater. You're just wasting your breathe.

Holy crap man! Stop the insanity! LOL!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

I sooooooo would have done this as well if I had the extra dough... Good job man... U pretty much have a new iPad 2 for 150 bucks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I wouldn't agree with this. You have to look at the whole picture. Right now as we type Apple is working out design specs for the iPad 3. They won't know the final design for many months after testing. Lets say they finalize the design in the 4th quarter of this year. Now they have to secure vendors and parts for MILLIONS of components that go into it. This will take months to build up inventory. They start production in January and manufacture as many as they can for release day. Also keep in mind they released the iPad 2 a month ahead of schedule so they sacrificed an entire month's worth of production to push their product out by March.
    I fully agree, and I am seeing the whole picture. They're trying to push out yearly updates of products in consistent fashion and what I'm saying is after 4 iPhones and an iPad they can't use the "we had no idea it would sell like this" routine. I'm not saying knowing and accurately anticipating makes it any easier with the production and release schedules they try to keep, I'm just saying that they DO know at this point, especially when this time around they held a specific product from being sold until 7 hours AFTER opening. Every single iPhone and the iPad had this kind of frenzy....are they gonna say "we didn't anticipate this kind of reaction" in a few months with iPhone 5? Again, I'm not saying it'll ever be easy to keep up with consumer demand at this rate but you and I both know for Apple, it IS possible. My point does hold 'some' water though, I've never known them to really be overstocked on much of anything.

On a side note, ever notice how slick Apple's products are worked into commercials, movies and tv shows? Gotta love the subliminal advertising (;

I sure ain't mad though, my new 17" MacBook monster arrives tomorrow morning, and my iPad 2 a few days later.

Sent by my iPhone.......4

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    On a side note, ever notice how slick Apple's products are worked into commercials, movies and tv shows? Gotta love the subliminal advertising (;
    It's simple product placement just like everyone else uses. DIdn't you notice the instant flood of "tiles" on the phones in tv shows when Windows Phone 7 was first launched?
    Last edited by mortopher; 03-15-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ill probably just sell mine for profit on thursday. Dont need it that bad. Can wait a few months

Banned
    Thanks

same old crap different year