Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Completely Sold Out, Everywhere

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 Completely Sold Out, Everywhere

The iPad 2, released on Friday, apparently sold out of every store in the United States by Saturday. That's what Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster learned from a survey he did of retailers across the country this weekend, and what's being confirmed by Deutsche Bank analysts this morning. Munster estimates something between 400,000 and 500,000 iPad 2s were sold this weekend, as compared to 300,000 original iPads sold on the opening weekend last year. Other analysts put the initial sales at closer to a million.

Munster's team called a number of retailers such as Apple stores, Target, Best Buy, and found no stock of iPad 2 anywhere they checked. They also walked up and down lines in New York City and Minneapolis and interviewed 236 would-be buyers to profile who was buying the new tablet. In addition to large sales to existing iPad owners, they found about 70 percent of people in those lines were getting their first tablet. 47% of them got a 3G model, and 41% bought the 32 GB iPad 2, an increase from the 32% who had gotten the 32 GB first-generation iPad, and that 64 GB models also sold better than before. This may have been driven by availability: Fortune reports that many Apple stores ran out of 16 GB iPads first, and 32 GB models. "iPads are sold out across virtually all channels," said Munster, adding that his team was "unable to find any availability." Munster now believes that sales could exceed his earlier prediction of 5.5 million iPad 2s in this quarter.

DeutscheBank did its own survey this morning, and found exactly zero iPad 2s at any of the 50 Apple retail stores, 20 Best Buy and Wal-Mart stores as well as AT&T and Verizon stores they called. The financial research firm Wedbush Securities, meanwhile, estimates even higher total sales than Munster. "We would not be surprised to see Apple sell closer to 1 million iPad 2s in the opening weekend," said analyst Scott Sutherland.

Source: Fortune

thats amazing!! I guess Ill HAVE to wait...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I sold my 1st GEN iPad,,I think I'm getting the blackberry Playbook TRU Multitasking!!!!!!

I didn't get off work till 6pm on Friday and didn't get one, so I am trying eBay and craigslist. I am hoping I can find a 32gb for around $700. I really don't want to wait a month to get it from apple.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I am sure it didn't take long to sell out... however it would have been nice if Apple would have shipped the iPad 2 to stores that should have got them! And many stores didn't get a large amount either.... I went to three stores and was second and fourth in line and still didn't get one... why? Because Apple didn't ship the one I wanted... only wifi. The other store didn't even get a shipment. So I didn't get one and had to order online...

"Always remember your special and unique!"

This makes me sad face. But oh well, this is amazing.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    I sold my 1st GEN iPad,,I think I'm getting the blackberry Playbook TRU Multitasking!!!!!!
    Love the name of it.... looks like its on the smaller size... however like the multitasking! But will stick to the iPad 2 as soon as it arrives....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by center_99_99 View Post
    I didn't get off work till 6pm on Friday and didn't get one, so I am trying eBay and craigslist. I am hoping I can find a 32gb for around $700. I really don't want to wait a month to get it from apple.
    In my opinion that is incredibly silly. Just order a 64gb from apple. Don't waste your money encouraging some douche who bought 10 to make a profit on eBay.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to h2a For This Useful Post:

saunupe1911 (03-14-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

I got mine Friday!! I didn't buy the first one so this is my first true tablet. And lets just say I am well pleased with my purchase. I will be using this as a laptop replacement as I have an older Gateway laptop that I think is on its last leg.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    Seriously ? That's so lame- sorry to hear your gonna waste money.

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Called everywhere here in the Cleveland area. No luck. Walmart received 1 iPad on launch day. Best buy is trying to do a preorder now by putting a $100 down. I'm cool on that. I'll probably go ahead and just order it online and wait for it. Wasn't expecting it till April anyways like the first one.

thank god I got 2 ipad 2 on Friday. I left work early like around 12 and went to besbuy I was like the second person on line. I got a 64Gb wifi & a 16Gb 3g/wifi lol.

Is there any word on when stores will be getting them back in yet?

This isn't a shocker for me
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC21 View Post
    Is there any word on when stores will be getting them back in yet?

I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard from Best Buy on their $100 reserve this morning?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Just call around your area. I found several best buy's that had them. While the supplies are scarce this article is a bit off. Best Buy lets you cheek their inventory online. Not sure why the people that did the "research" didn't think of this option. Heck we have around 20 Best Buy stores in the greater Houston area alone... Hardly the entire USA... I am just saying... lol

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    In my opinion that is incredibly silly. Just order a 64gb from apple. Don't waste your money encouraging some douche who bought 10 to make a profit on eBay.
    Well, if I can get a 32gb for $680-$700, I would only be spending about $50 over the purchase price plus tax. I just looked on eBay and the cheapest 32gb was $780. I'm not paying $150 over cost. Time to search craigslist.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seamariners85 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard from Best Buy on their $100 reserve this morning?
    Just like the iPhone launches you will now see short supply trickle in every few days. Stores will tell you they have no idea when they'll be getting more and you'll just have to check back. Your best bet is just to hang out at an Apple store and hope UPS delivers a shipment that day. After a couple months supply and demand will even out and you'll be able to stroll in anywhere and pick on up.

Guess i should feel lucky I was able to get one with no hassle on Friday =)

Banned
    Thanks

This just proves again how stupid crApple are.
    They know they will run out so why didn't they get more in?
    IF they wanted to sell more then make sure the shops have them to sell.
    You hear the reports that crApple sold 200,000 iPads in the first 2 months... What would you think they would've sold if they were actually in stock? 1,000,000 is my guess.

Oh well, as they are so stupid its their loss as others will buy whatever is in stock like another tablet and NOT the iPad 2.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast