+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Completely Sold Out, Everywhere

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by santacruzlocal I think Modmyi should raffle off an iPad 2 !!! I agree. Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    I think Modmyi should raffle off an iPad 2 !!!
    I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why don't they ever make enough? Don't they have a bunch of kids chained up making them? Like in the temple of doom.

But they have tons of those Dumb cases.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    Why don't they ever make enough? Don't they have a bunch of kids chained up making them? Like in the temple of doom.

But they have tons of those Dumb cases.
    yeah in china making 4$ an hour

sux - i want one, i had the $ & everthing :C :c

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    In my opinion that is incredibly silly. Just order a 64gb from apple. Don't waste your money encouraging some douche who bought 10 to make a profit on eBay.
    +1
    Quaerite et invenietis.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i ordered one online. Verizon model, white, 32GB.
    the web site says 3-4 weeks, but i bet it will come sooner than that. and if it doesn't, i don't care. i am not gonna stress out about having it now vs. in 3 weeks as I already have the 1st gen iPad.
    now where is that MacBook Air refresh...
    Didn't they refresh the Air not to long ago with SSD drives?
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Of course it sold out, this is Apple - the masters of capitalism, the ninjas of demand creation, the wizards of perceived-value boosting!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This just proves again how stupid crApple are.
    They know they will run out so why didn't they get more in?
    IF they wanted to sell more then make sure the shops have them to sell.
    You hear the reports that crApple sold 200,000 iPads in the first 2 months... What would you think they would've sold if they were actually in stock? 1,000,000 is my guess.

Oh well, as they are so stupid its their loss as others will buy whatever is in stock like another tablet and NOT the iPad 2.

Really? Is that what happens at BK and MC'D's... I highly doubt this has hurt apple. Perhaps you have never seen the news on gaming systems... Wii, PS3, xbox... Its all the same. Sometimes, a product has a demand that exceeds expected output. This my friend is seen as a solid plus in world of---Business... Calling anyone stupid shows your ignorance. Really no need for that.

---Damn Spring Break... lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will wait till June may be iPad 2gs or something like it might come out better screen resolution I hope though

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple has got every one of you by the balls. Of course they're gonna limit supply to intentionally create an artificial over-popularity for the product. If stores are selling out in 20 minutes then they obviously didn't get very many in to begin with.

It's all a business strategy to get more of you lathered up for this thing. And some of you are so naive and desperate to have one RIGHT NOW that you will pay double for one from the goons on eBay or craigslist that are capitalizing on your desperation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I know of a secret stash
    Let's just say I know of an apple store that had to close 1 hour before launch on the 11th, it will be the only one with decent stock I got mine from best buy since it was the only store that had them in the area, alll the smart people went to it from the apple store that closed. They had 100 diff models all sod out with in 1 min.

If you live in new jersey pm me I got ur back on which one it is

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm at the DMV trying to find a lost iPad 2 and expired licenses

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Boy there are some real morons on this site today. Apple doesnt intentionally cause stock shortages (what kind of genius business mind does this) they stock their stores with as MANY iPads as they can. Read some of the reviews you will see that the iPad2s have Jan and Feb build dates. That means they were producing as many as they could right up until the last minute. This could be the best selling tech product ever...there is no way to make enough to supply the initial demand.
    Want to stop calling people morons?
    Do you know stock shortage causing a run on the product is a marketing strategy? If Apple sold out all their iPad2 why are they opening early Tuesday to sell more iPad2? Want to bet those iPad2 have the same Jan and Feb build dates?

Thanks

Good thing I got mine

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrburns05 View Post
    Seriously ? That's so lame- sorry to hear your gonna waste money.
    I'm sorry, but can't people have their own opinions? I love apple products, but I also like other tablets such as the PLAYBOOK :P and the HP touchpad. So stop being a fanboy and let people have opinions. The Playbook is in many ways better than the iPad 2, better cameras, flash,and true multitasking.Along with BB Tablet OS and 4G.
    Last edited by iPod; 03-14-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Come on everyone knew it would sell out. Gives me more time to put money together to get one hopefully..lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am glad I ordered one Friday morning it will be here the first of April according to the order info I got from Apple the magnetic cover I ordered for it has already shipped.They are now backordered 3-4 weeks on the website it was 1-2 weeks when I ordered it.I would never pay what they are going for on e-bay to get one.I have a 32GB 1st gen I will get rid of when I get the new white one I ordered.I live in a rural are closest Best Buy is 25 miles from here Target also and they are sold out dont mind waiting a couple weeks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did anyone reserve an iPad at multiple Best Buy locations? That is what my gf and I did; I figured whichever one got the iPad in first would get our business! (In all gift cards of course)

Not the most honest way of going about it, but with multiple Best Buys in close vicinity it seemed like a smart thing to do. Each location said if we found it elsewhere we could just cancel our order with their store.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by center_99_99 View Post
    I didn't get off work till 6pm on Friday and didn't get one, so I am trying eBay and craigslist. I am hoping I can find a 32gb for around $700. I really don't want to wait a month to get it from apple.
    Go to Best Buy, i went yesterday and put $100.00 down and the next shipment is coming in tomorrow and as soon as it gets there they are going to call me to come pick it up... But you may have to wait for the next shipment cuz when i first called they told me they only had a few spots left and i just made it .. i would call and see if i was you its definitely gonna be faster than the apple store ..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Not true. My local walmart has about 5 in stock.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 732 Posts

ill just check with the department manager of electronics and see when our next shipment is.