+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Completely Sold Out, Everywhere

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I reserved mine at Best Buy and think I might be calling daily until it comes in . Its a shame that some stores let these people buy 10 or
    Thanks

I reserved mine at Best Buy and think I might be calling daily until it comes in . Its a shame that some stores let these people buy 10 or more of so they could profit on Ebay . They should limit purchase to 1 and let everybody get a fare shot .
    I just hope the disaster in Japan doesnt put a damper on the chip making for Apple.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallguy For This Useful Post:

zeroGsti (03-14-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Complete False report. We have some at my Verizon store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmmmm wonder how many will be available for those of us not in the US and waiting eagerly for the 25th to come round....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This just proves again how stupid crApple are.
    They know they will run out so why didn't they get more in?
    IF they wanted to sell more then make sure the shops have them to sell.
    You hear the reports that crApple sold 200,000 iPads in the first 2 months... What would you think they would've sold if they were actually in stock? 1,000,000 is my guess.

Oh well, as they are so stupid its their loss as others will buy whatever is in stock like another tablet and NOT the iPad 2.
    Apple does this to keep the hype up. People want what they can't have. So limit the amount for the first month.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    This just proves again how stupid crApple are.
    They know they will run out so why didn't they get more in?
    IF they wanted to sell more then make sure the shops have them to sell.
    Apple have people who does marketing research so this is a marketing tactic. Because they want to create higher demand for the thing!! What would happen when you want something you did not get? You want it even more!!
    Why do you think total product delivered is such a round number? When you have factory producing product do they ever come up to a round number? Hell no! They held some back maybe for some waranty issues but I bet there will be some early deliveries in the near future.
    I am not getting an iPad. To me a 2 year shelf life (based on iOS support of iPhone) makes it more of a fashion statement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Apple does this to keep the hype up. People want what they can't have. So limit the amount for the first month.
    Yep they like to keep the hypebeast full. Jordan Brand does this. G-Shock does this. Hype creates cult followers. On the other hand people love exclusivity and I'm one of them. I love to get things that others can't have. I love to be different. I hate looking like someone else. It bothers me. I'm not a traditional thinker. I just don't believe in paying an arm and 2 legs for exclusive items though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    I sold my 1st GEN iPad,,I think I'm getting the blackberry Playbook TRU Multitasking!!!!!!
    Its too bad RIM still hasn't released the playbook, I've been hearing about it since October and it looked pretty good, and according to crackberry, it won't be released until mid-April.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    I reserved mine at Best Buy and think I might be calling daily until it comes in . Its a shame that some stores let these people buy 10 or more of so they could profit on Ebay . They should limit purchase to 1 and let everybody get a fare shot .
    I just hope the disaster in Japan doesnt put a damper on the chip making for Apple.
    I live in upstate New York and I bought my iPad 2 on Friday. Only waited In line for two hours and was the third person in line. I purchased it at BestBuy and they had an apple rep on site and we were told apples policy was a limit of one iPad per customer. So nobody in the line was able to purchase more than one unless they gave other people money and had them in line as well. I like this policy and they should stick to it

Thanks

Boy there are some real morons on this site today. Apple doesnt intentionally cause stock shortages (what kind of genius business mind does this) they stock their stores with as MANY iPads as they can. Read some of the reviews you will see that the iPad2s have Jan and Feb build dates. That means they were producing as many as they could right up until the last minute. This could be the best selling tech product ever...there is no way to make enough to supply the initial demand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aplifoneusr View Post
    I live in upstate New York and I bought my iPad 2 on Friday. Only waited In line for two hours and was the third person in line. I purchased it at BestBuy and they had an apple rep on site and we were told apples policy was a limit of one iPad per customer. So nobody in the line was able to purchase more than one unless they gave other people money and had them in line as well. I like this policy and they should stick to it
    I heard that there were some people that were paid to stand in line and buy units for others and were buying more than one . Dont know if it was a Best Buy , Target, or Apple store at which this was happening , but I am sure it doesnt happen everywhere but there are some that slip through the cracks . I would'nt doubt that employees at some stores were given first crack at buying them , maybe not Apple stores but others.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    I would'nt doubt that employees at some stores were given first crack at buying them , maybe not Apple stores but others.
    I'm sure this may be true, but I know of a guy that was fired from a Target I used to work for because he held a X Box 360 for an employee when those were released. He was the store manager and had been with Target 10+ years.

There were several employees that wanted to buy purchase a X Box so he held one, drew a name from a hat of the people that were interested and that person was then able to purchase the X Box.

Not saying that it doesn't happen and just isn't caught, though.
    Last edited by seamariners85; 03-14-2011 at 11:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i ordered one online. Verizon model, white, 32GB.
    the web site says 3-4 weeks, but i bet it will come sooner than that. and if it doesn't, i don't care. i am not gonna stress out about having it now vs. in 3 weeks as I already have the 1st gen iPad.
    now where is that MacBook Air refresh...

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's ironic if you think about it. Consumer purchases are driving the stock price up amongst other things. So they actually need consumers to buy the products apple offers. On the other hand shorting the supply and creating demand also drives the stock price up. It is most likely to drive stock price even higher since Apple does not care much about the fact that no one can purchase an Ipad 2. Shouldn't it be first priority to be able to move as much product as they can? I find this very upsetting and amusing at the same time. The manufacturer was not anticipating a high demand on this product, right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm happy with my extremely scarce 32GB. I love this thing!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seamariners85 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard from Best Buy on their $100 reserve this morning?
    I just reserved one there during my lunch break and they weren't sure at all when new ones would be in. They said possibly 5-10 days but have no idea how many or which versions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Boy there are some real morons on this site today. Apple doesnt intentionally cause stock shortages (what kind of genius business mind does this) they stock their stores with as MANY iPads as they can. Read some of the reviews you will see that the iPad2s have Jan and Feb build dates. That means they were producing as many as they could right up until the last minute. This could be the best selling tech product ever...there is no way to make enough to supply the initial demand.
    Keep thinking that. Don't believe everything
    Apple reports.

Thanks

Except from eBay they always have stock

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Modmyi should raffle off an iPad 2 !!!

Thanks

if and when it comes out...hope you like waiting as I've yet to even see a screen shot of one haha! :]

Thanks

im kicking myself cause i didnt order one on fri. morning.
    or get a relief at my **** job