+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Benchmarked

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 Even iPhone 4 is 800Mhz but Apple say 1Ghz, some hackers clocked the i4 speed to 1000mhz and it was a battery drain. So thats why
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Even iPhone 4 is 800Mhz but Apple say 1Ghz, some hackers clocked the i4 speed to 1000mhz and it was a battery drain. So thats why when scrolling I get checkerboards in Safari but not on Android phones :/

No surprise its 800Mhz Dual Core like i4 is 800Mhz.
    I think that had to do more with RAM than megahertz. Just like you can't keep too many web pages without a few refreshing. It's not like there weren't 800mhz android phones.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol, it can run @ 250mhz as long as its putting up these numbers i dont see wat the problem is...this isnt a **** measuring contest lol

Thanks

How come my iPad get nearly a 100 more in my test? For geekbench. Total = 457

Full results here. With MS plugins

Full results here. Without MS plugins
    Last edited by rocky5; 03-13-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple as usual doing great job

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

too bad theres nothing out there to take advantage of all that power, yet...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does IPad 2 and 4.3 support flash? I just sold my IPad 1 on craigslist. Most of the sites my kids use are flashed based and the IPad wasn't getting used very much...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phillphill View Post
    Does IPad 2 and 4.3 support flash? I just sold my IPad 1 on craigslist. Most of the sites my kids use are flashed based and the IPad wasn't getting used very much...
    No but you can use iSwifter and Skyfire to view flash based stuff on the ipad.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    Apple as usual doing great job

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    What are you talking about? The iPad 2 doesn't live up to my expectations at all.

They didn't even improve batter life, or include thunderbolt or USB.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Has Anyone tested video files playing through the VLC App on the ipad2 yet? I wouldnt mind seeing how it handles some different types of file formats

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tampabuc2004 View Post
    Has Anyone tested video files playing through the VLC App on the ipad2 yet? I wouldnt mind seeing how it handles some different types of file formats
    Good point since i am interested to see if there are any problems with VLC player on the iPad 2. A lot of my videos are DIVX and they play just fine on my iphone 4. Granted Air Video will convert the files too if you use it to play stuff on your tv so I guess I don't have to worry too much. Just would be nice to know so I can upload them to my iPad 2 when I get back home.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't play 720p mkv files yet without being completely choppy. May just need the app to be updated too though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Doesn't play 720p mkv files yet without being completely choppy. May just need the app to be updated too though.
    Yea thats not going to be happening anytime soon i think due to the lack of support due to gpl

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I watched an iPad 2 commercial parody and it said that all we have to do is make the device a little smaller, faster, and add 2 cameras....people would go crazy over it. THEIR RIGHT!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    What are you talking about? The iPad 2 doesn't live up to my expectations at all.

They didn't even improve batter life, or include thunderbolt or USB.
    It's all in marketing. Apple adds more stuff to their new devices so people would want a reason to buy it.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea thats not going to be happening anytime soon i think due to the lack of support due to gpl
    Yeah, I was lazy and didn't feel like explaining that VLC has been pulled from the App Store... However, it doesn't play 720p mkvs smoothly in other currently provided apps such as OPlayer HD and CineXPlayer (doesn't even attempt to play them).

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that despite the under clocking, its still really fast
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the numbers as long as my EXPERIENCE with using the device is smooth, and I was more than satisfied with the original iPad's performance. I never bought one, but I'm about to as soon as iPad 2 supplies are replenished at Best Buy here in AZ.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    Honestly, I couldn't care less about the numbers as long as my EXPERIENCE with using the device is smooth, and I was more than satisfied with the original iPad's performance. I never bought one, but I'm about to as soon as iPad 2 supplies are replenished at Best Buy here in AZ.
    then don't read or comment

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

512MB is alot more then 256MB which the iPod Touch 4G features.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is my take on the RAM business with the iPad 2. I believe, but do not have really anything to back it up other than others comments, that the iPad 2 will be just fine with 512 Mb of RAM since the operating system will be built around that and will operate well enough on how the RAM and operating system interact with each other.

Now with the other devices with 1 Gb of RAM, IMO, they may need it due to the operating systems being different along with different UIs and each having different loads on the processor and RAM included with that device. So in that instance they may need the extra RAM to compensate for that.

Do I wish the iPad had 1 Gb of RAM, hell yeah!!!!! But can I live with the 512 Mb, Yes!

This is just my opinion though and is subject to any ridicual anyone would like to interject here since there is still freedom of speech in the country, or so I am told at least.
    Last edited by scottw03; 03-15-2011 at 03:38 AM.