+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Inventories Quickly Depleted at Many Locations by Saturday Morning

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
From the experiences of the MMi crew to feedback from our vast readership, there was no shortage of tangible consumer interest in the iPad 2 upon its launch yesterday. As
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default iPad 2 Inventories Quickly Depleted at Many Locations by Saturday Morning

From the experiences of the MMi crew to feedback from our vast readership, there was no shortage of tangible consumer interest in the iPad 2 upon its launch yesterday. As illustrated by long lines and prompt depletion of inventory, it appears the iPad 2 is the hot commodity everyone expected it to be. On Friday evening at 7:30, even MuscleNerd tweeted: "Wow here at 1000 Oaks Apple store they sold out of AT&T models in 20 mins."

To be sure, the instances of sell-outs were not limited to small stores with equally restricted supply. There are many larger Apple stores that, by Saturday morning, were bone dry across all models, the outcome of hundreds of people comprising long lines that lasted for hours until no more units remained. Kyle down in Tampa experienced what Matt observed in New York City - a ravenous community of iPad lovers eager to get their hands on the second generation tablet.

Although many are quick to determine that the iPad 2 must be Apple's hottest product in a while, it's also important to remember that Apple did not offer an extended preorder opportunity with the option of reserving a device for in-store pick-up. So until we get some concrete sales data - or at least comprehensive estimates - it will be difficult to pin down just how big of an initial launch weekend the iPad 2 truly enjoyed. But by all accounts, it was huge.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow even there no large modifications to the iPad, still its a must have for the apple fans. i dont think its the device that is selling, for me its the brand.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPad 2 3G AT&T model was sold out yesterday in 20 minutes at Washington Square Apple Store, in Beaverton, Oregon. I'm iPadless

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And how many of those buyers will have buyer's remorse and return it in a few days? Doesn't matter.....Apple wouldn't report it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    And how many of those buyers will have buyer's remorse and return it in a few days? Doesn't matter.....Apple wouldn't report it anyway.
    I'll probably be one of the first to return it after a week . But like this other guy said I don't think it's the iPad that is selling but the brand.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bought one just to sell it now that it's sold out I'm wondering what kind of profit I'll get

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    I bought one just to sell it now that it's sold out I'm wondering what kind of profit I'll get
    I'll bet there's a sh!tload of people buying this iPad just to sell it at a profit on eBay since they know people will be looking for a product that's sold out everywhere.

So in essence......it's not really the iPad that's insanely popular, but rather the thrill of making money.

And what worries me even more is that there are actually people stupid enough to pay double for something they can clearly wait for.

Green Apple
    Thanks

For me personally I chose to not get the original iPad, I didn't think it was that great just looking at it from a hardware perspective and how it felt when i tested it in store. When the 2nd gen was announced that got me more excited, dual core processor and a bit more ram = a lot better experience as a whole from a usability standpoint. Also the fact that I find myself travelling out of the country more often and am stuck in airports/flights for hrs on end, I was looking for something that had exceptional battery life and portability for those long trans pacific/atlantic flights or those 9 hr long delays at airports. I have a macbook pro but carrying that 5.6 pounds added to watever else u have in ur bag/are carrying with you gets tiresome after a while. So it was a choice between this a Xoom and a macbook air, I chose the iPad 2 over the air because of the extra 5 hrs of battery life the iPad 2 provides, when ur traveling 5 hrs is a lot and ur not always in reach of a place to charge ur device. The iPad over the Xoom simply because I can't justify spending 700+ on a device that is running a pretty broken OS in Honeycomb atm. So for me yes the iPad itself is what sold me.

Thanks

No Apple store close to me , but plenty of Best Buys . I decided to call and see what stock they had and one place said only 70 and they were sold out by 1:00 pm because they were handing out tickets in line . DB's didnt adjust their website to reflect this and it said they were still available in the store this morning . I went there to reserve one , which they will do for a $100 deposit which comes back to you in a gift card . I bought $600 in cards at the local Giant Eagle and saved $1.20 a gallon of gas in the process. I just hope I dont have to wait too long for Best Buy to call me when it comes in.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It looks like most if not all if the Best Buy stores in and around Atlanta are completely sold out too.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Around the Spring Hill area in Florida... these stores hardly got any! One at Walmart, Targets shipment didn't come in at all and Best Buy only got 16 and 32 Wifi and not many at that....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nautical79 View Post
    Wow even there no large modifications to the iPad, still its a must have for the apple fans. i dont think its the device that is selling, for me its the brand.
    Yeah, well that and Apple manipulates supply to ensure long lines. They get millions of dollars in free advertising when local newscasts cover the "long lines" for whatever new Apple product is out. It's as brilliant as it is evil.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That's some good sellin'!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

MuscleNerd tweeted: "Wow here at 1000 Oaks Apple store they sold out of AT&T models in 20 mins."
    MuscleNerd was at the Oak's Mall, damn I knew I should have gone. I wonder how far he lives from me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

crazy, i meant to go by my apple store to see how long the line was but i had to work, heard it was crazy like others are saying
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

One per customer should have been strictly enforced. Plenty of people deserved to get on on launch day. Hate seeing them on eBay while many who waited walked away with nothing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZapp For This Useful Post:

apwtwenty (03-14-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    One per customer should have been strictly enforced. Plenty of people deserved to get on on launch day. Hate seeing them on eBay while many who waited walked away with nothing.
    agree 100% i couldnt get off early on fri., so i got screwed