+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tales From Queue for the iPad 2

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
i wonder why there were no lines for the motorola xoom or were there?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i wonder why there were no lines for the motorola xoom or were there?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Got up a little early, ordered a white and a black one. Too old for this waiting in line crap anymore!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

For some reason i live in new hampshire and i got to the Apple store at the Rockingham mall at 12. There was already 100+ people in line i sat in line for 6 hours and saw what must have been the most people ever in that mall at once. A line of over 600 people formed by the time i got to the front of the line. My apple store got 950 ipads and were completely sold out by 8 oclock, and not every one in line got one
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Thanks

I went to the Apple Store inside Florida Mall at about 12pm and there were about 45-50 employees and over 350 people waiting in line outside. Then I went to Altamonte Mall at about 7:30pm and there were still over 200 people in line. This morning I called my local Target, and obviously...they were out of iPads. So, I guess I'll have to wait for the next batch. Congratulations to everyone who is playing with their shiny new iPad2 :-)! I'll stick with my iPad1 for a while longer.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Why don't we just let the guy deal with it on his own, it's his choice what he wants to do with the cover. I know the role of Jiminy Cricket is an appealing one, but he's a big boy.

Hope everyone that got an iPad 2 is enjoying it

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

most apple store should be getting another shipment today, my apple store is getting 1000 more today
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    WoW, you gonna call them out and get into a fight over an iPad 2 or something? I don't agree with cutting in line but more than likely they are just gonna shrug you off either way.
    Then WTF is the point of waiting if you don't even speak up? You don't show up to be tenth in line at 6am to be 40th by 5pm do you? (exaggerating, yes, but you get my point I think). All this could have been handled by handing out numbered tickets early. Hell, even target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. around here does that for all big launches. Transactions proceed by ticket number. An extremely simple concept and one that costs the company all of 50 cents in ink and paper...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I was lucky yesterday I drove by best buy at 4:45 and there was prolly 100 people in line. So I went into target and there were about 25 people in line there I asked the employee if it was worth waiting and he was a complete ***hole about it. He was like "you gonna have to wait in line and find out". I wasn't gonna wait if they didn't have enough so I left. Walmart was right next store so I went in there at 5:05 and there was only 3 people in line and I walked out at 5:15 with a black 16 gig. The employee at walmart said they had 4 of each color and size.

I love the iPad 2. I didn't have the 1st one to compare it to but I've had the iPhone since the 1st gen
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Thanks
    Did Apple finally decide to stop development of the white iPhone 4? It just seems a little odd that they couldn't "match the color of the phone to the home button." And yet, Brand new iPad 2 launches in both black and white? Shouldn't that mean that they now have the colors right and can now make iPhone 4 in white?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why is everyone telling the dude who "stole" the item if he can't add? It's not his responsibility to add up the cost of the merchandise, if anything you ppl should be saying why can't the apple employee add?

The only responsibility he has is to go back and say he didn't get charged for it, correct. But it's not his duty to add up the cost of an iPad and a cover. That's the employees fault.

Besides, I would keep the cover only because apple tends to screw ppl and you know it

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    No not a free cover, a cover you stole. So you didn't notice that the fee you were asked to pay was not correct? You can't add? The fact that the employee made a mistake doesn't make it "free" it makes you a thief. Karma's a *****.
    Thank u moral police d-bag. No, after standing in line in the cold for two hours I just wanted to be done and home and warm. On the 45 minute drive home it occurred to me the price didn't make sense. I didn't check my receipt until I got home and wasn't about to turn around and drive back. Had I notice then I would have sad something. Maybe I will drive back tomorrow. NOT! The world would be a much better place if everyone was like you and judge everyone and was a royal d-bag. I guess I am a thief! Mind your own business butt munch.

Thanks

Come on. Make some sense. He didnt steal anything. Not like he snatched the cover and put it in his bag. It was the cashier's fault for not swiping it properly or notice that. Basically he or she didnt do a good job in it.
    Ignore the ignorant or stubborn people. They are just like me who is jealous that you got a free 40 dollars case and we paid the full price for it.

Good job man. I wish I was lucky like you.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    Thank u moral police d-bag. No, after standing in line in the cold for two hours I just wanted to be done and home and warm. On the 45 minute drive home it occurred to me the price didn't make sense. I didn't check my receipt until I got home and wasn't about to turn around and drive back. Had I notice then I would have sad something. Maybe I will drive back tomorrow. NOT! The world would be a much better place if everyone was like you and judge everyone and was a royal d-bag. I guess I am a thief! Mind your own business butt munch.
    There's no need for the name calling.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    most apple store should be getting another shipment today, my apple store is getting 1000 more today
    Why is it going to take 2-4 weeks for Apple online orders shipped? I ordered 8:30am Friday morning. online orders should secure a faster relax shipment and less congestion IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

was gonna get an ipad2 for the missus but decided another mbp is the way to go

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I was in line for 7 hours for the iPhone 4. My 3GS was nearly crippled by iOS 4.0, so I had to either deal with that for a month, or deal with the line...

Gotta say, the line was worth it! The atmosphere was almost as good as being at a Packers/Bears game in Lambeau. I got to the West Towne Mall location, in Madison, WI, at about 5am. Got my iPhone 4 at noon, and loved every minute of it.

I honestly thought I would be bored crapless, and that I might not even get the phone, so I brought my iPad, which saw almost no use. It's strange, really, it felt like a temporary community. Everyone was pretty cool (except the one *rear* who sold his spot for $500) and that helped the time go much faster. We took turns guarding spots, so people could go to the restroom, smoke, get coffee, etc..

All in all, a great way to spend a day, if you can. I will definitely be there for the launch of the next iPhone.

To the guy who got the free cover: I would have called and paid with my credit card. I'd hate for someone to lose their job over something like that, especially considering the chaos and stress they had to endure on a launch event like that. Not judging, just sayin'.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

That's ridiculous that some people couldn't sit down the entire time they were in line. It proves how great the Apple people and security were at Washington Square in Tigard, Oregon. If we wanted to leave to use the restroom, get something to eat, or whatever, we could for up to a half hour and have our place in line kept.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

i would have had my own story if i didnt want a new macbook pro so bad
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

I have my story to share. I was lining up also in apple soho at 1:30 with my two best friends. I didn't get my iPad 2 till 7pm. I was happy that got my white iPad 32gb 3g and also a bad cold. Now I am sick on bed with pictures to share. :[
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tales From Queue for the iPad 2-199338_871296512645_402050_45920597_2853679_n.jpg   Tales From Queue for the iPad 2-199245_871296552565_402050_45920598_1326297_n.jpg   Tales From Queue for the iPad 2-190781_871305903825_402050_45920770_4185083_n.jpg   Tales From Queue for the iPad 2-190160_871296742185_402050_45920602_3002079_n.jpg   Tales From Queue for the iPad 2-183567_871297136395_402050_45920609_3195337_n.jpg   Tales From Queue for the iPad 2-199769_871297251165_402050_45920611_5313946_n.jpg  
    Last edited by hoqts; 03-14-2011 at 01:41 PM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123