+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Expected to Sell at Least 500,000 iPad 2s This Weekend

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
They might sell this many providing they shipped them to the stores...every store I went to today and I was second in line in one store and forth in another
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

They might sell this many providing they shipped them to the stores...every store I went to today and I was second in line in one store and forth in another hardly got any...

Best Buy ONLY got 16 and 32 GB Wifi and Targets shipment never arrived and Walmart only got one in!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a great upgrade /if/ the ram actually was doubled. We will find out soon enough. It is going to need it to support the bigger firmwares and the demand the newer apps are going to demand from it.

Thanks

I was really hoping to be part of the 500,000 lucky mofos but Before i got home I drove past the strip which has Wally world/ Target/ and best buy. Its not going to happen, the line reminds me of a four hour wait for a new ride at six flags. I'll just have to order it.

Thanks

Does anyone know If or when the iPad first gen will get lowered in price? If it does I will definitely buy one because the way I understand is the first gen can do everything the second gen does, (minus FaceTime)?... Just not as gracefully?..... I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Typing on one right now. This thing is nasty.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Really? Dual core, 9X faster graphics, front and rear camera and double the ram? What the heck were you expecting?
    How about better battery life, a significant software update (universal), and a design similar to the i4? Also, an addition of thunderbolt, USB, and flash.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jastra View Post
    Does anyone know If or when the iPad first gen will get lowered in price? If it does I will definitely buy one because the way I understand is the first gen can do everything the second gen does, (minus FaceTime)?... Just not as gracefully?..... I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.
    Your actually right. The new iPad is not really any better.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruffian View Post
    To anybody that has an iPad2 or that has been in a store to purchase one, are the 3G and white versions available or are they delayed?
    They had them at best buys in Chicago.

Thanks

I can smell the jealousy on this thread. it stinks to sh!t.

For real though i had the 1 and the 2 is definitely sick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    I was really hoping to be part of the 500,000 lucky mofos but Before i got home I drove past the strip which has Wally world/ Target/ and best buy. Its not going to happen, the line reminds me of a four hour wait for a new ride at six flags. I'll just have to order it.
    I ordered 16gb white iPad 2 ship time says 2-3 weeks. So, I am just happy with my iPad 1 til it arrives. I figure the ship time may be quicker u never know. Yes, iPad 2 is worth upgrading a tablet without cameras is boring tech.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

1st post with this thing. I love it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    1st post with this thing. I love it.
    Does it have Multitouch gestures?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post

Same ones as before. None of the new ones were added

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Oh okay. So now we will be able to load web pages and programs a few seconds faster. Because waiting those extra few seconds is just outrageous.

How crappy was the previous graphics processor to need 9x the speed to have a decent gaming experience?

Double the RAM? If you're doing the amount of work that is THAT RAM intensive then an iPad probably isn't the device you should be using.
    trust me there's quite a bit of difference compare to the first ipad......I know because I use my mom's time to time. I saw the new ipad 2 today and let me tell you, this new apple tablet is a winner in every way both in aesthetics and speed/display quality. Blazing fast wifi performance. As soon as this baby gets cracked aka jailbroken, I will definitely buy one.
    Last edited by swifty7; 03-12-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks

I still can't believe there are idiots out there that thought or were hoping the ipad2 would have USB, SD slots, and...LMAO Flash!!!!!! This thing just blew away whatever insignificant competition there was not only from a technical review perspective but also from a commercial/general public perspective. And we're still talking about FLASH???!!! LMAO!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They could sell more than 500k if they didn't sell out everywhere! There are many people like me who want one but didn't want to wait in line and can't find them in stores now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylene View Post
    I think just the addition of a higher resolution display would have made the Ipad 2 MUCH more enticing. All the upgrades PLUS Retina Display would have been enough for me to upgrade. The display is the deal killer for me. The original Ipad has a nice display, don't get me wrong. After being spoiled by the retina, there's no other option for me. A higher resolution is needed.
    Why are you talking about being spoiled by retina when you only have an iPhone 3G?

Thanks

This was worth the upgrade for me

FaceTime/More RAM/Faster Processor

The iPad 1 was good but the iPad 2 should have been what the first 1 should've been.

Either way I Sold my iPad 1 32gb a month ago for $550 knowing the value of it would go down as soon as the 2 was announced. So i didn't lose out much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I like the sound of the ipad2, but i will not be buying one. I waiting 5 1/2 hoiurs in line for the first ipad on the first day and i dont see the need to get that emotional over the second installment. Maybe that is because i just jailbroke a few months ago and am loving being able to tweak at the moment. If the ipad 3 makes decent improvements over the second i will be picking me up one of those though. I just cant justify to myself buying a new decice every year, and my ipad is still sweet and ready for another year.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will wait until the retina display is introduced.

The lack of JB on iPad 2 and same display as iPad 1 were the deal breakers for me.

I believe that the first time owners that were to get one anyways are getting a good deal for the new upgrades, but not a justifiable one for most previous owners.

I needed at least a better display for me to justify getting a new one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Same ones as before. None of the new ones were added
    There is a way to get the multitouch gestures How To Activate Hidden Features On Your iPad – Multi-Touch Gestures! | iEnthusiast

I'm using them now and they are sweet... Should have been included in 4.3 anyway