+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Waiting for iPad 2 - how's the line?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Here in Buffalo we couldn't even sit in chairs which I think is BS, mall rules...which I brought one. You couldn't even have it open other than that it went
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Lines in Buffalo
    Here in Buffalo we couldn't even sit in chairs which I think is BS, mall rules...which I brought one. You couldn't even have it open other than that it went pretty good only like 200 in line here, I was home with my 2 iPad 2's by 6:30. How come the 2 limit this year, last year it was 10?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Good question. The answer is tons of people it's not just about the iPad 2 is the meeting for hundreds of thousands of apple fans. It's tons of fun I enjoy it alot. You might think its pathetic. But it's no different then people standing inline for concert tickets or anything else. I like to compare it to waiting at Disney world to ride the dumbos. Takes for ever but once you finally get on the ride you understand why it was worth the wait.
    There are two great fallacies here.
    1. If I don't get tickets to the concert, I won't see it. EVER.
    2. If there is ever an option to show up and NOT stand in line for the dumbos, I'd take it. Unfortunately there is not, outside of going on a less busy day, which I also prefer to do.

You see what I am saying? You will get the SAME PRODUCT if you wait for a couple weeks. Not so AT ALL with either of your comparisons.

Please note that I am not against standing in line for anything at all. Just wanted to point out your skewed logic...

Quote Originally Posted by gattzzz View Post
    The AT&T store I went to in NYC on 3rd Ave didn't even get any stock, they opened the doors at 5:00 PM to tell me they were only taking orders to have it delivered to your home or to the store for pick-up. They told me 5-7 business days then when they brought it up in the computer they told me 2 weeks.
    In NYC? DAMN! That's legitimately shocking. So they opened the doors... does that mean they let people stand in line until 5pm to find out that none of t hem were even going to be able to get one?!?!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-11-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    There are two great fallacies here.
    1. If I don't get tickets to the concert, I won't see it. EVER.
    2. If there is ever an option to show up and NOT stand in line for the dumbos, I'd take it. Unfortunately there is not, outside of going on a less busy day, which I also prefer to do.

You see what I am saying? You will get the SAME PRODUCT if you wait for a couple weeks. Not so AT ALL with either of your comparisons.

Please note that I am not against standing in line for anything at all. Just wanted to point out your skewed logic...

In NYC? DAMN! That's legitimately shocking. So they opened the doors... does that mean they let people stand in line until 5pm to find out that none of t hem were even going to be able to get one?!?!
    The most any ATT store carried today was 8.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well that's good. Guess your ordering one
    Yup going to order one....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Good thing there wasn't a line, two other people walked in the same time I did and were told the same thing. I went in that store about 3 o' clock to see what they would say even though I knew they were going to tell me 5 o' clock. All they gave me was they aren't selling them until after 5, nothing about ordering them or anything.

Thanks

Picked up a 16gb wifi version at Walmart didn't have white one which sucked but oh well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Picked up a 16gb wifi version at Walmart didn't have white one which sucked but oh well
    Same here bro ha but I love it already

Green Apple
    Thanks

Went to best buy in Bellevue WA. Was probably about #80 in line and almost left thinking there was no way I was gonna get one, glad I stuck it out, the store got about 140 units. Got my 64GB wifi and stoked!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sorry that i uploaded the photo just now. I am not in the picture. I am trying finding the end of the line to get the ipad.

Last edited by hoqts; 03-12-2011 at 10:24 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey that's me 10 people ahead of you in the white shirt center screen. Cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Holyoke mall, Springfield MA, not bad yet! Same as everyone else. The mall does not care if you stand around or not, just don't block the ways. At least what I've heard. I've kept my distance from the doors for now.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I was the first person in line there. I got there at 10:30PM Thursday night expecting a large line. I was alone till 5:00AM Friday morning. It was still fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreggSymington View Post
    I was the first person in line there. I got there at 10:30PM Thursday night expecting a large line. I was alone till 5:00AM Friday morning. It was still fun.
    Dang that's is a trooper right there
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang that's is a trooper right there
    It wasn't my first Apple line. I had a great time. The overnight mall employees were picking on me for snoring too loud!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FTBoomer View Post
    Hey that's me 10 people ahead of you in the white shirt center screen. Cool
    Really? Now we know how u look like. Haha. I should asked u to help me get one. I didn't get mines till 8 something :[

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678