Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Waiting for iPad 2 - how's the line?

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Losers... Who TF would stand in line for hours for a gadget that will be produced by the millions. You guys are pathetic.
    Good question. The answer is tons of people it's not just about the iPad 2 is the meeting for hundreds of thousands of apple fans. It's tons of fun I enjoy it alot. You might think its pathetic. But it's no different then people standing inline for concert tickets or anything else. I like to compare it to waiting at Disney world to ride the dumbos. Takes for ever but once you finally get on the ride you understand why it was worth the wait.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

ADF (03-11-2011), jordbrett (03-11-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes let's everybody post pictures of you standing in a long line waiting hours for a consumer good that you cannot apparently wait for.....because that's REAL news right there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Losers....Who TF would stand in line for hours for a gadget that will be produced by the millions. You guys are pathetic.

Mod Edit: Please respect other members!
    Funny how he puts "please respect others after he calls'em pathetic.!! haha
    Dont be that guy..!!!

yeah i wish i had no job or go to school, wait i dont thats why i have no money from my job or any student loans or financial aid from school, i wish i wasnt getting an ipad because of lack of time and not lack of money, go crying to the hundreds of thousands of ppl out of a job

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post

We're standing (well, sitting) in line in Tampa waiting for the iPad 2. Arrived at 10am, and there were 50 people in line already at the Apple Store. The device doesn't go on sale until 5pm, and the line is full of folk with every possible Apple product (and one weirdo on a Kindle) consuming media and passing the time. Geeky conversations are the norm, and passerbys like to make fanboy comments.

Last year for the iPad launch Apple shut down the whole store from 3-5 to prepare for the iPad's launch. They haven't said yet what they'll be doing this year, but I imagine it will be the same. The only bummer is there's no power outlets and my MacBook Air is dead.

You guys in line? Where at? Share some photos (there's tons of apps great for uploading a photo while on the go) and how it is at your wait.
    Are you wearing your MMi T-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Holyoke mall, Springfield MA, not bad yet! Same as everyone else. The mall does not care if you stand around or not, just don't block the ways. At least what I've heard. I've kept my distance from the doors for now.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    How is it now? I'm going to be coming from Worcester. Haven't decided on West Farms or Holyoke. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jmaderosk8r View Post
    yeah i wish i had no job or go to school, wait i dont thats why i have no money from my job or any student loans or financial aid from school, i wish i wasnt getting an ipad because of lack of time and not lack of money, go crying to the hundreds of thousands of ppl out of a job
    Lol u guys r funny made me laught

Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    a mod edited his post and added that

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluexselvedge For This Useful Post:

Je5 (03-11-2011), thetoothfairy (03-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    I think thetoothfairy edited the post to say that after he posted...

Anyway, I was going to go to the Apple store to buy a macbook air, I completely forgot that there was going to be a lot of people out there for the iPad...

Edit: yes I did edit his post and it now shows it. :0)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fraikonz For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (03-11-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluexselvedge View Post
    you mean its ignorant to make assumptions? irony!
    No, it's ignorant to imply that a job at McDonalds is a worthless job.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

Amraam (03-11-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow you thought of this all on your own...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    But it's no different then people standing inline for concert tickets or anything else. I like to compare it to waiting at Disney world to ride the dumbos. Takes for ever but once you finally get on the ride you understand why it was worth the wait.
    You can't compare buying an iPad to waiting for concert tickets or a Disney World ride. Once concert tickets are gone.....they're gone. And the band may not come back for years. And Disney World is a rare experience that isn't exactly something people do on a frequent basis.

The iPad will still be there tomorrow, the next day, and three weeks from now when the hype dies down. Standing in line for hours is nothing more than a claim to bragging rights for being one of the first people to have an iPad2....but it's still not going to get you laid or cool points.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

g12007 (03-11-2011)

Thanks

Yeah but it looked funny haha
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    You can't compare buying an iPad to waiting for concert tickets or a Disney World ride. Once concert tickets are gone.....they're gone. And the band may not come back for years. And Disney World is a rare experience that isn't exactly something people do on a frequent basis.

The iPad will still be there tomorrow, the next day, and three weeks from now when the hype dies down. Standing in line for hours is nothing more than a claim to bragging rights for being one of the first people to have an iPad2....but it's still not going to get you laid or cool points.
    Not true when I show off my fancy iPad at the bar girls drop their iPants right then and there for my iPenis. Works in reverse too if I see a girl at the bar w/an iPad I'll sleep with her assuming the gf is ok with that.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jordbrett For This Useful Post:

g12007 (03-11-2011), kingbijan (03-11-2011), Razz (03-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

well, if this launch is anything like the iPhone 4, it'll be weeks or months before people can get it if you don't snag it on launch day.

Anyone at the Mall of America? Im going in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    No, it's ignorant to imply that a job at McDonalds is a worthless job.
    another assumption of yours. you are indeed ignorant

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hello everyone anyone in jersey standing in line ?????????
    hows the lines in jersey ???

and whats the chances of getting one today i get out of work at 7pm today!!!!!!!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to estes123 For This Useful Post:

apwtwenty (03-11-2011)

I'm thinking there's a good chance it won't be there the next day or the day after that douch

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Still at International Plaza in Tampa, 200 people here now. 12:40pm.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast