+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple 'Bleeds' 20% of its Tablet Market Share in 4th Quarter

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
lol!!!!
    Thanks

lol!!!!
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    Only because cheap windows users are gobling up the competitions inferior products just so they can say they have a tablet. Cheap bastards wouldn't know a quality user experience if it bit them in the arse. Why else would anyone settle for the god awful android interface.
    This post was paid for by the committee to elect Steve Jobs as God.

Thanks
    Only because cheap windows users are gobling up the competitions inferior products just so they can say they have a tablet. Cheap bastards wouldn't know a quality user experience if it bit them in the arse. Why else would anyone settle for the god awful android interface.
    You are an absolute idiot!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IcerMize View Post
    You are an absolute idiot!
    I understand ppl replying to what he said with their own opinion as long as its not rude or hurtful, but name calling is just uncalled for.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I understand ppl replying to what he said with their own opinion as long as its not rude or hurtful, but name calling is just uncalled for.
    Agreed. Keep it clean fellas

Thanks

haha oh wow
    that is dumb

some prefer android to iOS, get over yourself and apple, fanboyism is retarded

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    20% market share in 1 quarter is a pretty significant number, and it will only get bigger.
    You can always customize or dumb down a Win7 machine to create "quality user experience", but iOS you still can not install programs like Excel etc
    I love how fanboys like to put "cheap" to a more powerful machine simply because it is more cost effective, even call them inferior.
    Have you ever thought about how much you bend over to take Jobs jabs from behind for overprice machines yet you love him for it, doesn't that make you cheap? Best example is you can make a more powerful hackintosh for less than what Apple sells it for, that shows you how much Apple is shoving up your "arse".
    I started using Google Docs more a good portion of my Word and Excel requirements. Does the job for what I need and if I need to do more I have my laptop (PC) at home or work computer (PC) with MS Office on them to do the more advanced stuff. It isn't like I am trying to solve world hunger or cure cancer with the iPad. Plus I like having my stuff in the "Cloud" so I can access it anywhere.

As for inferior, I think the biggest thing that people are getting at is the materials used for some of the other tabs are not as nice or elegant as the iPad. Plastic cases, stylus input device versus touch screen, the different types of touch screens, battery life, operating system, etc... Not to mention apps that are supported by the operating system. I know iOS isn't perfect and does not always have some of the features that all the users want and that drives them to othe products that run andriod but some of that can be solved by JBing the device (pretty much the same as rooting an android device).

Trust me I have been looking at a lot of the tabs that are coming out to see which one I want the most and even though I was trying to go for something windows based to basically replace my laptop I know I am going with the iPad 2 because it has what I want.

1. Clean operating system
    2. Great interface that I am familiar with (I own a iPhone 3G and 4)
    3. Plenty of apps
    4. Best battery length out of all the tablets (this is a big one for me)
    5. Very thin compared to a lot of the competition tablets out there
    6. Front facing camera for Facetime or Skype calls while I am away from home (important when you want to talk to your 2 yr old daughter)
    7. The rest I can take care of with jailbreaking it if I feel like it.

These are in no specific order.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    cheap windows users? why? because we wont pay $2,000 for a laptop that comes with software to enable it to run windows software?

inferior products? like when apple announces a "next gen" device 6 months after their last? like when apple intentionally withholds features from their devices so they can inflate their sales? like when apple was the first to market the personal computer but now Microsoft owns 90% of the worldwide market?

quality experience? like having apple tell us how to use OUR devices? like not having control over our own content? like not being able sync to another computer without loosing your photos and play lists? like have to Jailbreak your phone just to gain basic functions that the phone should have had in the first place?
    quality experience like buying a device that was designed (intentionally) to be obsolete in 6 months?

I guess you dont know that Samsung makes 60% of all parts in apple's computers.
    And what exactly does rooting an android device do for the phone? Put an option on the phone that wasn't there before from the manufacturer or change something that the manufacturer put on the phone but you didn't like it that way.

So the difference between jailbreaking an iDevice and rooting an android device would be exactly what???
    Last edited by scottw03; 03-11-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Perhaps you did not find anything rude or hurtful in the post I quoted, I haven't seen you comment as such, but I certainly did.
    I apologize to you and others that find my post offensive, but I stand by my opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

all this reporting about how apple is losing its stronghold on the smartphone and tablet markets is comeplete incoherency and a gross negligence on the statistics used to calculate this "loss" in market share. Apple = 3 places to buy the iPhone and iPad (apple.com, verizon and at&t). Android = some 100 knock offs located at k-marts around the world with signs boasting "own an android tablet for 150$" not to mention that the only android boasting anything better than froyo 2.2 is the honeycomb enhanced motorola xoom. I like the xoom. but i don't like the $$ you gotta shell out. I LOVE the iPad2, but why should i buy it with all the restrictions that apple puts on them (without jb)??
    best bang for your android $$ - Archos 101 internet tablet. while only utilizing the Froyo 2.2 android platform, YOU CAN ADD SD CARDS!!! OMG!!
    as susan powter once said "STOP THE INSANITY!"
    "they're trashing our rights. hack the planet!"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottw03 View Post
    I started using Google Docs more a good portion of my Word and Excel requirements. Does the job for what I need and if I need to do more I have my laptop (PC) at home or work computer (PC) with MS Office on them to do the more advanced stuff. It isn't like I am trying to solve world hunger or cure cancer with the iPad. Plus I like having my stuff in the "Cloud" so I can access it anywhere.
    You do realize that many buildings (especially tall metal and concrete buildings) interfere with Wifi/3G/etc reception, so you can not use Google Docs for it. Also you are limited to apps Apple allow you to have, last I check I paid for this iPad not Apple(well company did but I use it). Unfortunately "Cloud" does not work everywhere, therefore it is better to have program installed.
    For an example: I created an excel file to customize inventory count in the warehouse, our warehouse gets absolutely no reception in many parts of the building because of all the metal fixtures etc. I put the setup on the Dell tablet/netbook, it was so simplified that anyone can use it. The time it took to finish inventory it paid for the computer itself plus my time working on the program in just 1 use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iclueless View Post
    it's like buying an alpha romeo: You know it is not the best value for money but there is just something about it...
    rofllllll!!!
    "they're trashing our rights. hack the planet!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    You do realize that many buildings (especially tall metal and concrete buildings) interfere with Wifi/3G/etc reception, so you can not use Google Docs for it. Also you are limited to apps Apple allow you to have, last I check I paid for this iPad not Apple(well company did but I use it). Unfortunately "Cloud" does not work everywhere, therefore it is better to have program installed.
    For an example: I created an excel file to customize inventory count in the warehouse, our warehouse gets absolutely no reception in many parts of the building because of all the metal fixtures etc. I put the setup on the Dell tablet/netbook, it was so simplified that anyone can use it. The time it took to finish inventory it paid for the computer itself plus my time working on the program in just 1 use.
    Well it isn't for everyone and if not there are alternatives out there for you to use. They may be better for work related type things. Most of the time I have access to the stuff I need to use so for me the iPad would work find. If I am inside and don't have wifi or 3G coverage I am probably at my desk computer. If I am at home I have wifi, if I am out I have 3G. So for my needs it would meet them 90% of the time if not more.

I am not saying not to use anything but the iPad, just saying there are ways around it if you need it. If an iPad alternative tablet works better for you then by all means go with it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12