+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Will Honor Active Unlimited Data Plans for iPad 2

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
It turns out that AT&T will, in fact, honor current unlimited data plans when users transfer their service to the new iPad 2, which begins shipping this week ahead of
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default AT&T Will Honor Active Unlimited Data Plans for iPad 2

It turns out that AT&T will, in fact, honor current unlimited data plans when users transfer their service to the new iPad 2, which begins shipping this week ahead of Friday's scheduled launch. Despite having long since discontinued the unlimited data plan, AT&T will grandfather in the plan for current unlimited data subscribers looking to maintain their relationship with AT&T through the new second generation iPad.

An AT&T representative confirmed to ModMyi by telephone today that reports about unlimited data plans being honored for use with the iPad 2 are accurate to the best of their knowledge. As some will recall, shortly after Apple introduced the 3G iPad in early 2010, AT&T rolled out an unlimited data plan for $29.99 per month. Just weeks later, however, AT&T pulled the plug on the unlimited plan. In its place was a 2 GB plan for $25 per month.

Now, here we are one year later with a second generation iPad on the way, and the good old unlimited data plan from AT&T is still around. Of course, if you're a new iPad customer at AT&T, you can still get 2GB for $25 per month, or 200MB for $15 per month.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Pretty much exactly as I said in the billing option post. Good job confirming this.

Bring on the unlimited data plan SIM sale on eBay...
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

They better not EVER get rid of unlimited data ... EVER !!!

Thanks

So $30 for unlimited on iphone and another $30 for unlimited on the ipad? I'll stick to the non-3g ipad 2 lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    So $30 for unlimited on iphone and another $30 for unlimited on the ipad? I'll stick to the non-3g ipad 2 lol.
    Gotta agree with ya plus I love mywi

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

it would be stupid if they didnt. ahah Att must hate those with unlimited data.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any word yet on using unlimited data plan with the new HotSpot feature? I am grandfathered in but refuse to change to the tiered system just to use the HotSpot.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asmacumber View Post
    Any word yet on using unlimited data plan with the new HotSpot feature? I am grandfathered in but refuse to change to the tiered system just to use the HotSpot.
    That's still a 'no' officially. It's not any different than the Tethering Feature already in place. 4.3 just extends it to the include WiFi connectivity.

But if you can wait for the jailbreak, MyWi or TetherME will probably enable it for you without changing your plan.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AT&T should get 3G everywhere before advancing Internet crap! I'm tired of not having 3G and I'm about to switch my iPhone 4 to verizon!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Users who have clung to the unlimited data plan would be required to drop it and choose the DataPro 4GB/$45 data tethering plan in order to take advantage of the iOS 4.3 hotspot feature. While the hotspot tethering can be dropped, users would then have to choose the 2GB or 200MB data plans, and will not be able to revert to the unlimited data plan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phlimphlam For This Useful Post:

xTn (03-10-2011)

Thanks

WOW AT&T prices are ridiculous, I live in the UK and we get 10GB of data for those prices (More specificity the same $ value).

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've never owned an iPad but plan on buying the ipad 2.
    I've always had the unlimited data plan, will I be able to use this with the new iPad?

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

nice move ATT but if u dont have unlimited data for ur iPad but have it on ur iPhone use MYWI and your good to go

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    WOW AT&T prices are ridiculous, I live in the UK and we get 10GB of data for those prices (More specificity the same $ value).
    I'm currently on the 25 a month "one plan" from three. 2000 any network mins,
    5000 texts and
    5000 three to three mins....
    Oh,
    And LITERALLY unlimited Internet! Three are calling it "all you can eat". Tethering is free also.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Man look if they don't do something with this 2g or 200mb monthly thing I'm going back to t-mobile. Every carrier has unlimited except AT&T. But I just talked to an AT&T rep and she said something about them going back to that. So They better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the 2gb crap for my iPhone. iPHONE!! I'm an active user! I frequently go over it and my bill shoots up! makes me angry!! and unlimited was JUST $30. 2gb is $25. 2gb w/ tethering is 45. it's some bs! I need my unlimited!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sfarijo View Post
    I've never owned an iPad but plan on buying the ipad 2.
    I've always had the unlimited data plan, will I be able to use this with the new iPad?
    Nope only people grandfathered in on the first iPad are eligible. Sim swap w/someone who is or buy one on ebay or use miwi on your jailbroken phone.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    That's still a 'no' officially. It's not any different than the Tethering Feature already in place. 4.3 just extends it to the include WiFi connectivity.

But if you can wait for the jailbreak, MyWi or TetherME will probably enable it for you without changing your plan.
    A little patience will pay off for sure

Glad they're upholding the unlimited for those that had it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you guys get shafted on urban outfitters though so its cool....i was in the one in london and they dont adjust the dollar price to be equal to the british pound. they simply change the dollar symbol to a pound symbol so if its 20 bucks here its 20 pounds there...i thought that was super ****** up but it was funny seeing the "rich kids" get ripped off...and watching doches buy bud light for gf`s cause its imported...crazy britts

Thanks

TO ME..it makes no difference. I've Got a Jailbroken iphone4G with PDA Net which has the options as iOS 4.3 so why would i upgrade?.The same thing you can do with a tethered plan I can do for free, and that's for BOTH..At&t AND Verizon. SO unlimited I will still have for $30 on everything.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872