Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPad 2 3G is "World-Mode"

  1. #21
    Well All I see is more features on the xoom

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by petterloco1 View Post
    Well All I see is more features on the xoom
    As long as you stay away from Sony product I'm ok with your decision
    Last edited by Brr; 03-06-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by petterloco1 View Post
    So will it work whit t-mobile 3G network
    Unfortunately no, apple failed to leave out the 1700/2100 (AWS) bands out. EDGE will work fine but no 3G,

  4. #24
    Does this mean if I travel to Europe or anywhere else I can just swap sims and pay a cheaper data plan?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jordbrett View Post
    Does this mean if I travel to Europe or anywhere else I can just swap sims and pay a cheaper data plan?
    Theoretically? Yes.
    Practically? Probably not.

    I do not know if the iPad has the same restrictions on carriers that the iPhone has, but if it does, you will still have to jailbreak and unlock.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    Theoretically? Yes.
    Practically? Probably not.

    I do not know if the iPad has the same restrictions on carriers that the iPhone has, but if it does, you will still have to jailbreak and unlock.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    But in theory since the iPad is not carrier locked we should be able to switch sims....I hope. Either way jailbreak/unlock always worked well in the past.
    Last edited by jordbrett; 03-06-2011 at 09:30 PM.

  7. #27
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,748
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 632 Times in 556 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    Theoretically? Yes.
    Practically? Probably not.

    I do not know if the iPad has the same restrictions on carriers that the iPhone has, but if it does, you will still have to jailbreak and unlock.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    iPads are all factory-unlocked to the best of my knowledge. The American ones all are, and if AT&T sells them unlocked, I doubt anyone sells them locked (without any subsidy).

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Daniel Ash View Post
    <snip>
    Well, what Apple reports and what the device actually supports are two different things, I think.

    iPhone 4 is pentaband for UMTS/WCDMA/HS(D/U)PA. 800-850-900-1900-2100 MHz. Source: Federal Communication Commission. As soon as I can find the iPad 2 FCC ID, we can see what that device is approved for (in the US).

    Quote Originally Posted by kirkie1 View Post
    Here in the UK the iPad 1 Always had 900mhz support
    Wi-Fi + 3G model
    UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    Data only3
    Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
    900 MHz was supported for GSM/GPRS/EDGE only on the first model. The new model will supposedly support that frequency for UMTS/WCDMA/HS(D/U)PA along with the GSM/GPRS/EDGE.

  8. #28
    I wasn't sure if it was carrier-locked or not. It would be nice if you could just drop a Euro-sim in, and be good to go.

    Was anyone able to do this with the iPad 1?


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

  9. #29
    please o please let this mean the i5 will be like this

  10. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,441
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Apple should just make the iPad completely universal and make them with a hybrid GSM + CDMA chip. It would probably be more cost effective than building two separate 3G models

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    Sorry, I don't want Verizon.....
    Thnx for the info, we will update apple

  12. #32
    Hey guys i have a question. i want to buy the ipad2 and send it to latin america. since some of you here are saying it's coming unlocked, will i be able to just swap sim cards and put in a sim from one of the local carriers (claro or movistar) and use their 3g service on the ipad instead? i asked the guy that usually updates my iphone and he told me the ipad can only be jailbroken but not unlocked. any help please? thanks.

  13. #33
    I just bought the xoom on friday and returned it and hour ago for many reasons listed below:

    1: flash not included
    2: sdcard doesn't work out of the box you have to wait for an update.
    3: really really laggy (both in apps and honeycomb)
    4: cameras are crap
    5: volume buttons are to flush with the edge making them hard to push.
    6: only 30 apps are actually optimized for the xoom the rest are android phone apps that either run really crappy and not polished or they crash.
    7: verizons data is slow as hell
    8: its really only usable in landscape because when you hold it in portrait mode it feels to long.
    9: no way to close apps unless you go into settings and manually close them.
    10: keyboard often disappears in the middle of typing
    11: last but not least way to damn expensive for what you get (or don't get)


    I will definitely be getting an iPad 2...end of story.
    16gb iPhone4 black

    If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.







  14. The Following User Says Thank You to swpelchat For This Useful Post:

    Brr (03-08-2011)

  15. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by swpelchat View Post
    I just bought the xoom on friday and returned it and hour ago for many reasons listed below:

    1: flash not included
    2: sdcard doesn't work out of the box you have to wait for an update.
    3: really really laggy (both in apps and honeycomb)
    4: cameras are crap
    5: volume buttons are to flush with the edge making them hard to push.
    6: only 30 apps are actually optimized for the xoom the rest are android phone apps that either run really crappy and not polished or they crash.
    7: verizons data is slow as hell
    8: its really only usable in landscape because when you hold it in portrait mode it feels to long.
    9: no way to close apps unless you go into settings and manually close them.
    10: keyboard often disappears in the middle of typing
    11: last but not least way to damn expensive for what you get (or don't get)


    I will definitely be getting an iPad 2...end of story.
    In short... The Xoom sucks.

    Pretty much what I was expecting. Thanks for the info, I won't even bother looking at one now.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

  16. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by swpelchat View Post
    I just bought the xoom on friday and returned it and hour ago for many reasons listed below:

    1: flash not included
    2: sdcard doesn't work out of the box you have to wait for an update.
    3: really really laggy (both in apps and honeycomb)
    4: cameras are crap
    5: volume buttons are to flush with the edge making them hard to push.
    6: only 30 apps are actually optimized for the xoom the rest are android phone apps that either run really crappy and not polished or they crash.
    7: verizons data is slow as hell
    8: its really only usable in landscape because when you hold it in portrait mode it feels to long.
    9: no way to close apps unless you go into settings and manually close them.
    10: keyboard often disappears in the middle of typing
    11: last but not least way to damn expensive for what you get (or don't get)


    I will definitely be getting an iPad 2...end of story.
    Wow. iPad for me!

    ...and no one forget - never again a Sony product.

  17. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Brr View Post
    Wow. iPad for me!

    ...and no one forget - never again a Sony product.
    Indeed, iPad 2 it is. And I agree; ever since the rootkit fiasco (which people seem to have forgotten) and now the PS3 community which-hunt, they are on my ban list as a matter of principle. I may not make the IT purchase decision for Microsoft, but being an IT person I've prevented many a friend and colleague from getting a Sony.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •