Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: All Best Buy Sales Associates Getting Free iPad 2

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Rumor: All Best Buy Sales Associates Getting Free iPad 2

Although this story came as a surprise to my contacts on the sales floor of a Best Buy retail outlet, a new report from Forbes claims that all floor sales associates may soon find a sweet present at work with their name on it - a new iPad 2. Why? Although the company didn't do this (nationwide, at least) for the release of the first-generation iPad, it's thought that Best Buy wants its sales team to be well-acquainted with the product and effectively sell units of the refreshed tablet in an expedient fashion.

If Best Buy goes through with the free iPad 2 program, the effort would be part of the company's Connected Store initiative, which effectively aims to achieve the previously stated goal - to make sales associates more familiar or "connected" with hot new products. Best Buy tried this approach in limited fashion last year, giving away a variety of gadgets to sales associates. It isn't yet clear what - if anything - Best Buy learned from the program or if its worth expanding.

Of course, if the sources speaking to Forbes are correct, Best Buy must feel that there's adequate incentive to pushing the iPad 2 to all of its on-floor sales reps. Naturally, however, that reality would represent quite a costly undertaking in and of itself. Best Buy is presently believed to have close to 200,000 employees nationwide, although it isn't clear what portion of that number consists of eligible on-floor sales reps.

Source: Forbes

I work at BBY sure hope I get one lol
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

So in order for this to pay off, this would mean that the new knowledge of the product by employees would have to collectively lead to them selling over 200,000 more than they normally would. I can't see that being the case. These things pretty much sell themselves as it is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDirtyDiddler For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (03-08-2011)

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess I better put in an application for best buy...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (03-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I cant see this happening

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, this made me feel like my ****** job is now far inferior to certain other ****** jobs. Nice.

Hopefully not the dummy iPad 2...

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Not true. Why would they buy iPad spend money and give it fot for free. If Apple is not doing it I hardly believe Bestbuy will.

For*
    Last edited by delusion950; 03-05-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i think its false. thats alot of ipads thats alot of money and i dont think giving every sales floor associate a free ipad 2 is worth it. someone that works in tvs gets a free ipad to learn about the ipad cause all hes gonna be an expert in is TVs??? doesnt make any sense to me. i could understand giving just computers/apple/ geek squad associates ipads but still thats alot of money. that must be a real generous business. i think its ********....otherwise i better put in an app for best buy then quit

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe there not giving away the iPad But to a few of them on the floor so every associate can get a hold to it.
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

Thanks

To Me it makes No difference since Most people whom have the iPad v1 already know about the iPad2. Not to mention the New iOS that's coming 4.3. So I'm not sure why they would do this considering that are aware of how too use one and I'm pretty sure someone has seen n iPad before.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    So in order for this to pay off, this would mean that the new knowledge of the product by employees would have to collectively lead to them selling over 200,000 more than they normally would. I can't see that being the case. These things pretty much sell themselves as it is.
    I agree 100%

Another crap messany article. Other sites are saying this will be an in-store carry around device. Not a free take home iPad.

Essany, your articles are always painful to read and full of bs. I suggest you to retake some English classes because you have by far the most wordiness writing I've ever seen!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bluesummer For This Useful Post:

h2a (03-05-2011)

Yeah I don't see this happening and I don't think really make money off of iPad sales they make money off accessories and their warranty program
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Maybe they will give employees to use iPads to help aid sales.. but definitley not give them each an iPad... that makes low business sense... When i go to Best Buy my mind is already set on what to get... i don't rely on employees info because mainly they just want to get you to buy anything...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Essany, your articles are always painful to read and full of bs. I suggest you to retake some English classes because you have by far the most wordiness writing I've ever seen!
    How about posting something useful instead of complaining?

I doubt this will happen although it would be sweet.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can see this happening to BB employees who have worked for over a year there... or maybe longer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Wow really???

D0ubt this will happen, most likely a hands on device in the store.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast