+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon May Carry iPad 2 on March 11th, But AT&T is Still Silent

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
It may have seemed obvious that Verizon would carry the iPad 2 at its retail outlets, but only today - two full days after the iPad 2 was introduced -
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Verizon May Carry iPad 2 on March 11th, But AT&T is Still Silent

It may have seemed obvious that Verizon would carry the iPad 2 at its retail outlets, but only today - two full days after the iPad 2 was introduced - has Verizon officially acknowledged Apple's second generation tablet with a new splash screen teasing its arrival next Friday. Until Verizon posted today's message, it was unclear if the carrier's retail outlets would be among the various stores carrying the iPad 2 on launch.

AT&T, meanwhile, still hasn't said whether it will carry the iPad 2 beginning next Friday. Although the refreshed tablet will work with both major carriers in the US, AT&T - despite having announced new data plans for tablets yesterday - appears to be uncertain at this time regarding whether or not its retail outlets will be stocked with iPad 2s as of next Friday. Still, it's a safe bet that they will be. It's just a little odd that AT&T hasn't confirmed the matter yet.

On Thursday, the world learned that Apple will be getting additional retail support on launch day from Best Buy, which will stock the iPad 2 and begin selling them at the appointed time of 5:00 pm on Friday, March 11th. Walmart has similarly updated its online inventory to include the iPad 2 although it isn't yet clear if the world's largest retailer will, in fact, make the device available in store beginning next Friday.

Source: Verizon

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

How are they silent if they announced their postpaid and prepaid plans for iPad yesterday?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delusion950 For This Useful Post:

shnarfin (03-04-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only iPad seller I'm concerned about having the iPad 2 next week is Best Buy because I have $250 worth of gift certificates saved up just for it. My iPhone 4 with unlimited data will be the wifi hotspot for it anytime I'm away from other wifi sources.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    The only iPad seller I'm concerned about having the iPad 2 next week is Best Buy because I have $250 worth of gift certificates saved up just for it. My iPhone 4 with unlimited data will be the wifi hotspot for it anytime I'm away from other wifi sources.
    Totally! I love BestBuyWireless!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My question is, will the Verizon store also be carrying WIFI only models? And will Verizon Authorized Retailers be carrying it as well?

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

It wouldn't make sense to carry wifi when they want people to use their data plan.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Talk to AT&T today about upgrading to the iPad 2 and they said I will be able to upgrade for the unlimited data so they must still be carrying it.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Talk to AT&T today about upgrading to the iPad 2 and they said I will be able to upgrade for the unlimited data so they must still be carrying it.
    That's good news!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Of course they'll have it... just probably not at launch