+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Supports HDMI via Adapter, Also Works with iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by steve-savalas OK, so picture this: I'm round at my friends house, there's 5 or 6 of us. He doesn't have the 'sports package' subscription with Sky TV.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-savalas View Post
    OK, so picture this: I'm round at my friends house, there's 5 or 6 of us. He doesn't have the 'sports package' subscription with Sky TV. However, I do, and I have the Sky Mobile TV App on my iPad 2. So now I just plug it in to his 50" HDTV and we all watch a football match that's only available to paying customers - why don't I just take my iPad 2 to the nearest pub/bar & plug it into their TV so the whole place can watch!? I mean, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that Apple will not allow apps to disable the video output?
    Your statement = naive ;-)
    This is probably what will end up happening but I think the jb community will come up with a way to re-enable AV output (hopefully).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Looks like I can use Skype and Facetime on my TV now with my iPhone stand
    I see why not,, it worked on a JB iPhone 4,, (displayout) yup...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goonerm3 View Post
    This is probably what will end up happening but I think the jb community will come up with a way to re-enable AV output (hopefully).
    Fingers crossed! TVout2 does a great job on my iPhone4. I think maybe CHSTRIKER11 has realised that you can't take what Apple says as gospel. When they say you can mirror 'all' apps, they probably mean 'Apples apps' - in the same way that using Apples AV cable allows you to view 'all' content on your TV meant you could only view purchased iTunes content :-(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I have not seen anywhere if this new cable works for the original iPad? Anyone out there know!!
    Almost positive they said yes it will work on the first ipad as well as iphone 4 and ipod touch 4 . All others I am not sure .

The thing I want to know is if the HDMI Dongle is going to be something that will work on every IOS update or just the current one at that time ? I have an older composite out cable that stopped working after the 2.2.1 update . I believe these dongles have chips in them that cannot be reprogrammed to work on the on any given IOS . Please someone correct me if I am wrong .

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

These is great. Ive been wantin and hdmi output for my iPad
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I cant wait to try this out

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Fingers crossed! TVout2 does a great job on my iPhone4. I think maybe CHSTRIKER11 has realised that you can't take what Apple says as gospel. When they say you can mirror 'all' apps, they probably mean 'Apples apps' - in the same way that using Apples AV cable allows you to view 'all' content on your TV meant you could only view purchased iTunes content :-(
    i don't take it for gospel, but apple has made hardware mods that are unable to be worked around by apps.. maybe you are the one who is naive here.. maybe Apple does mean ALL apps with no way around it.. out of curiosity, would you know how to disable this feature on an app you have created? (if you have created one) i doubt it.. truth is, nobody knows how to, or even if you can disable the mirror video out.. don't call me naive just because u have a theory (and a very weak theory at that) about an Apple hardware implementation.. your argument = far from valid....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chstriker11 View Post
    i don't take it for gospel, but apple has made hardware mods that are unable to be worked around by apps.. maybe you are the one who is naive here.. maybe Apple does mean ALL apps with no way around it.. out of curiosity, would you know how to disable this feature on an app you have created? (if you have created one) i doubt it.. truth is, nobody knows how to, or even if you can disable the mirror video out.. don't call me naive just because u have a theory (and a very weak theory at that) about an Apple hardware implementation.. your argument = far from valid....
    Hey chstriker - read it & weep:
    ----------
    HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter***
    View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
    ----------
    Notice the part that states: AND ENABLED THIRD-PARTY APPS - The word 'enabled' kind of proves my theory, so next time you jump in on a post with both feet have a little think to yourself first. Don't you feel just a little naive (and stupid)!? :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey chstriker - read it & weep:
    ----------
    HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter***
    View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
    ----------
    Notice the part that states: AND ENABLED THIRD-PARTY APPS - The word 'enabled' kind of proves my theory, so next time you jump in on a post with both feet have a little think to yourself first. Don't you feel just a little naive (and stupid)!? :-)
    Actually not in the least. Did you have that information when u made your ridiculous claim either? No. You did research to find that out. My claim wasn't farfetched. You had no clue until you searched for it. I dont feel naive or stupid. Nor should I. It's not like apple didn't do something like that before. With the information available at the time, I made my guess at it. No need for you to be a pompous ***** about it just because of a missed feature. IMO of course.
    Last edited by chstriker11; 03-09-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chstriker11 View Post
    Actually not in the least. Did you have that information when u made your ridiculous claim either? No. You did research to find that out. My claim wasn't farfetched. You had no clue until you searched for it. I dont feel naive or stupid. Nor should I. It's not like apple didn't do something like that before. With the information available at the time, I made my guess at it. No need for you to be a pompous ***** about it just because of a missed feature. IMO of course.
    Jees chstriker, you make me laugh! You still insist I made a 'ridiculous claim' when I simply offered my opinion that I found it hard to believe that an ipad or iPhone would 'mirror all apps' - I expected some intelligent banter but instead you jump in with things like
    'your statement = completely inaccurate'
    and:
    'revisit the keynote, then post'....
    Well, my 'statement' was simply my opinion, therefore it can't possibly be inaccurate, because it's MY opinion. I suspected that apps would have the option to block video output and even gave you a scenario in which it would happen - but you persist with your 'Steve Jobs states clearly this will completely mirror any app'. Well, it won't.
    My opinion was proved to be true. Apple can't force all apps to allow video output, nor would they try.
    Yes, you made your claim with the information you had at the time, fair enough, offer your opinion like I did, but don't go rubbishing my opinion like you did. Especially when I was proved right.
    You were wrong. Deal with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hey guys i just bought this for my orginal ipad so i hope this answers your question about using it on the original ipad , it works great with youtube , netflix and even safari when i was playing videos from the abc site ,with this ,it is pointless to have an apple tv 2 ,well for me atleast.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12