+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMovie Coming to iPad 2

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default iMovie Coming to iPad 2

At the Apple special event held earlier today, most of the excitement and focus was on the iPad 2. This makeís sense, of course, because people always want to see the latest and greatest hardware products from Apple. One of the few surprised, however, was an updated version of iMovie coming out for the iPad 2. With its front and rear-facing cameras, the iPad is now well positioned to make movies on the go. The latest version of iMovie is also compatible with the iPhone 4 and fourth generation iPod Touch as well. It will be available on March 11 for $4.99, just in time for the official launch of the iPad 2.

This is no minor update that simply adds one or two new features and the usual bug fixes. This is a major update that is sure to be a popular with budding filmmakers everywhere. You can now browse your movie projects in the new Marquee view that is reminiscent of a pre-multiplex era movie house. You can also shoot video directly into the app, instead having to use the Camera app. This will save you an extra step and give you more time to work on your movie projects. There are three new themes to choose from now as well, including Neon, Simple, and CNN iReport. Using photos in iMovie has also been improved. iMovie now customizes each image that you imported with a Ken Burns style panning effect. Then face detection is used to keep the focus on the people in the frame.

One aspect that has always been lacking in iMovie has been support for sophisticated audio tracks. With this version of iMovie, you now have access to more than 50 sound effects and eight sound tracks, or you can import songs from your own music library. One nice feature is the ability to view and edit audio waveforms for more precise editing. If your movie project requires some narration, you can now record audio directly into your projectís timeline. It includes a live meter level so you can record great sounding audio every time.

iMovie also lets you share your movie creations on the internet with direct access to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, or CNN iReport. You can also send your video files to your MobileMe account or include them in an email. Another nice feature is the ability to shoot video on an iPhone 4, with itís superior camera and then transfer it to your iPad via iTunes. Editing videos on an iPadís larger screen will be a much more enjoyable process than working on a movie project on an iPhoneís 3.5-inch screen.

What if you want to see your latest movie project on a TV screen. Thatís not a problem if you have an Apple TV, as you can now stream any iOS video with AirPlay. The iPad 2 is also the first iOS device that includes support for HDMI with the use an adapter.

The first version of iMovie was impressive mainly because it was available on a portable device, but it was rather minimalist compared to the desktop version. With this update, iMovie blurs the line between the desktop and portable versions of this app. Making movies with the iPadís multi-touch interface will surely inspire a whole new generation of filmmakers to greater creative heights. I canít wait to see the first blockbuster made in iMovie on an iPad 2.

Source: Apple

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

jdogg84 (03-03-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait to check this out

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will you be able to use this app on the current iPad?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg84 View Post
    Will you be able to use this app on the current iPad?
    Looks like a big no

Apple - iPad - From the App Store - Edit HD movies with iMovie on iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vtx1029 View Post
    Damn ,,,.. Maybe in the iOS 4.3? It will make it compatible,with the first iPad

Thanks

since its gonna be a universal binary, i wonder if i get the free update since i purchased iMovie the first time for i4
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    First iPad not got a camera so the recording won't work.
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked

Thanks

iMovie will more than likely not be available on the original iPad due to the speed increase in the new processor. The iPhone 4 chip is faster than the original iPad as well. Rendering a movie is all about processing speed. No speed, no processing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDeadman View Post
    iMovie will more than likely not be available on the original iPad due to the speed increase in the new processor. The iPhone 4 chip is faster than the original iPad as well. Rendering a movie is all about processing speed. No speed, no processing.
    The iPhone 4 may have more RAM on it's A4 SoC but it certainly is NOT faster than the 1st gen iPad, in fact the i4 is likely underclocked to run @ 800MHz~

Thanks

Definitely a must buy!

Thanks
    Been using iMovie on my iPad for acre months now. Just transfer clips an photos to the iPad and start editing! This will just make or sweeter having cameras on the device!

D

iPhone? More like MyPhone nautical79's Avatar
    Thanks

If no new iphone is coming this year, i'll buy the ipad
    Common Sense Its Not So Common

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by definitive View Post
    Been using iMovie on my iPad for acre months now. Just transfer clips an photos to the iPad and start editing! This will just make or sweeter having cameras on the device!

D

did apple pull imovie? I can't find it in the app store

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Definitely a must buy!
    For me I would never buy it. Hardware wise it's just the camera. You'll be able to hack GarageBand and iMovie on there no problem.