Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Debuts Magnetic 'Smart Covers' for iPad 2

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Is it a proximity sensor or ambient light?

I'm going to wait for the griffin cases to come out but I guess I got get one of those useless apple cover protectors.

I have seen one person ask this, so I will ask as well....Will this work on the original iPad? I dont think I will be getting one regardless, but I would love to know if it works or not.

And like most people have stated, the fact that there is no coverage for the back of the unit kills this 'cover' IMO. Some of the beauty of Apple products (specifically the iPad, MBP, Mac Mini) resides in the silver-ish color with the black Apple icon on them. I would hate to scratch or mess that up so if I got an iPad 2, total coverage is a must.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Cool. But not worth it. We want something that can protect our iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Is it a proximity sensor or ambient light?
    My guess would be a magnetic switch of some sort. A proximity or light sensor wouldn't work out too well if you covered it with your hand or were in the dark. That means 3rd party cases would need magnets too if they are to sleep/wake the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I have seen one person ask this, so I will ask as well....Will this work on the original iPad? I dont think I will be getting one regardless, but I would love to know if it works or not.
    I don't think it will work with the original iPad because the cover is made with specific magnetic points to lineup the cover perfectly on it. I think it may be possible for them to make a similar one for the iPad though. Also the iPad 2 is curved on the sides so the cover hinge is too and probably wouldn't lay flat against the iPad.
    Last edited by The6uest; 03-07-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    I actually like this thing. I wouldnt want a case for my iPad so this is perfect and awesome but $39 seems a little too much for something this simple. I think third party companies are going to make cooler looking ones for cheaper prices with the same technology so I would wait.
    You're probably right, but knowing myself I'd probably scratch it immediately.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I will be picking one up tomorrow

They need something like that for iPods so you can pass them off as some crazy awesome rockstar from mars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123