+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What a Steve Jobs Appearance Would Mean for Apple's March 2 Event

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
AllThingsD has just posted an interesting article , discussing the rumor that Steve Jobs is "definitely mulling" appearing on stage alongside his fellow Apple executives to show off Apple's new
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default What a Steve Jobs Appearance Would Mean for Apple's March 2 Event

AllThingsD has just posted an interesting article, discussing the rumor that Steve Jobs is "definitely mulling" appearing on stage alongside his fellow Apple executives to show off Apple's new product and software, most likely the iPad 2, and a preview of iOS 5. As Mr. Jobs is on medical leave as he battles a form of pancreatic cancer, it was widely expected that Apple COO Tim Cook would run the show, and Jobs would not appear.

A Jobs appearance, while unexpected until this rumor surfaced, has some different implications for Apple's widely publicized event. If he does make even the most brief of appearances, commentators and media will be scrutinizing his every move, and will be looking particularly at his visible health, in order to gauge Jobs' future influence to the company he created and turned into a technological superpower.

If he does make an appearance, I'd expect it to only happen if Jobs looks and sounds visibly healthy. There's no way that Jobs would want to detract from what is likely to be a very exciting event regarding the future of both Apple's hardware and software. If he seemed sick, he would take away from that excitement. On the other hand, a healthy and confident Jobs (who has recently been spotted on Apple's campus in Cupertino, not to mention dining with the President) would boost Apple's product introduction even more, as well as Apple fan morale worldwide.

Regardless of whether he appears tomorrow or not, we wish Steve Jobs a speedy recovery, and hope to see him back on stage as head honcho as soon as possible. I, for one, would be thrilled if we got a glimpse of the black sweater and blue jeans tomorrow.

Source:
    All Things Digital

Thanks

Damn right. Steve is the man

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That unless 'ole DBag himself shows up, they are in trouble. Meh, just more 'new' products (and by new, I mean updates to existing stuff) that will cost way too much and still not offer everything people wants because that will come out in the next version of this new product.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Regardless of Steve's health, he should refrain from attending the event in order to show both consumers and Apple shareholders that the future management team is fully capable of running the company smoothly in the absence of Mr. Jobs.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

BlaqkRoxstar360 (03-01-2011), jdm.accord (03-01-2011), mhtruth (03-01-2011), SiFO (03-01-2011), spazturtle (03-01-2011), vedavis (03-01-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jobs ftw!

Thanks

Will they be streaming this event through there website as they did or do with all other events? And if so what time will it be taking place?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It would mean the world! Steve's the man and everyone would go crazy if he was there to present!

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Regardless of Steve's health, he should refrain from attending the event in order to show both consumers and Apple shareholders that the future management team is fully capable of running the company smoothly in the absence of Mr. Jobs.
    It must be very difficult for Mr. Jobs watch his 'baby' from the sidelines. It's a b***h getting old (and sick)...

Thanks

I'm with you on this. I'm really worried what will happen to Apple when Steve is no longer in charge (health or otherwise). Cook was blabbing his mouth about iPhone variations (pre-paid, etc.) just last week. I'd hate to have Apple become like HTC where the world knows 3 solid months in advance of what your "big" release is going to be.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-01-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Exactly. Apple fans and the media are beginning to sound like Apple could not operate without Steve Jobs.

To be honest, the unveiling of the iPad 2 is certainly not something Jobs needs to worry about. It's not worth him getting out of bed simply to say "its thinner and has a camera"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-01-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Exactly. Apple fans and the media are beginning to sound like Apple could not operate without Steve Jobs.

To be honest, the unveiling of the iPad 2 is certainly not something Jobs needs to worry about. It's not worth him getting out of bed simply to say "its thinner and has a camera"
    We'll see if this conference is as important to him as a dinner with Obama.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

It would mean that he's not dead and that they have yet to transfer his head to a jar a-la-Futurama. Awesome, now let's get to some real news.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

cant wait to see steve tomorrow

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

He shows up I would want to see how sick he is, compare before and after pictures... Last thing on my mind would be the product, which I believe is not what Apple wants.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

rest in peace Steve. We Love You !!! lol.

Thanks

He knows that if he's there and healthy, the stockholders will like it. But there's also the risk that he thinks he's healthy enough but the stockholders don't
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Show me the specs!

Cant wait for this event to happen, it'd be nice if jobs was there.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

They can just facetime Steve Jobs during the presentation of the iPad 2, much better way IMO
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't care whether Steve Jobs shows up or not either way it would not influence my descision to buy iPad 2 or not.

The guy is human and possibly very ill, I wish him better.
    He has a family that i'm certain is very distraught. I hope it works out for them.

Get well Steve.

Thanks

He'll send a Clone (One of 150.000 units ready to roll, built in the New Cyberdine Faciities also known as "The Data Cloud Center").

Nevermind, get well soon Steve.