Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Delayed Until June?

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 Delayed Until June?

Citing supplier checks, a Taiwanese research firm is claiming that the iPad 2 launch may be delayed to June due to production problems. Bloomberg is quoting Yuanta Securities analysts as saying that design changes that Apple requested are leading to issues in manufacturing at Foxconn, which saw its parent company's stock drop to its lowest price since December after the report.

According to other reports out of the Asian supply chain, production of the new iPad began at the start of 2011 and was halted for the Chinese New Year holiday this month. Analysts Vincent Chen and Allison Chen told Bloomberg that Apple had made some changes to the design before the holiday, and that Foxconn ran into problems when production was restarted. The bottleneck is reportedly so severe that it could force a delay in the release of as much as two months, pushing it close to the expected iPhone 5 release in June.

The report also notes that several Android tablets based on the 3.0 "Honeycomb" version of the OS will be released in April and May, which the analysts say "may give the Android camp a brief window of opportunity." The delay would also cut the total number of iPads shipped in 2011 to 23 million, as opposed to earlier estimates of 30.6 million for an April launch.

The stock price of Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd., which is the parent company of Foxconn, dropped 2.2 percent to NT$111.50 at the close of Taipei trading. This is the stock's lowest price since December 2.

Source: AppleInsider

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Please say this isnt true

no not june? please no, does this mean the ipad 4 wont be ready as my christmas 2011 stocking filler? *bites nails nervously*
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

I wonder what the last minute change was. I sure hope it was worth it.

I owned an iPad WiFi + 3G from its original release until December when I sold it (good resale value). It essentially became obsolete when I got an iPhone 4. I hate it when people say that the iPad is "just a big iPhone", but in a way it is. I just hope that Apple can make some big upgrades so that it isn't just a big iPhone anymore. The iPad needs to be right in the middle between Macs and iPhones, not so close to the iPhone side.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nielsenius For This Useful Post:

chillihound (02-22-2011)

D: I wanted to get one before I get shipped away in the navy, looks like that might not happen

damn thats pretty crazy....i wonder if they were trying to make it white lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sub zero For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (02-22-2011)

Booo. I don't know how much longer I can hold out, I might have to buy a 1st gen and sell it in june.

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    D: I wanted to get one before I get shipped away in the navy, looks like that might not happen
    Pre order, then have your family ship it to your APO...or your ship, depending on your duty station. I have many things shipped to my AOR when I was deployed.

I'll patiently wait to see what this "change" is before I make my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    Pre order, then have your family ship it to your APO...or your ship, depending on your duty station. I have many things shipped to my AOR when I was deployed.

Yeah I wanted to get it so I can play with it before boot camp lol. Then I was gonna give it to my girlfriend until I'm done and have her send it.

i doubt they'd release a new iPad and a new iPhone in the same month...
    that pic is legit, im sure they wont wait that long.

or maybe they got sick of updating the iPhone every year and are trying to fill the gap with the new iPad.

June oh comeeee on!!
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Thanks

It better not look like that if they want a sale from me.

What does this have to do with iPhone news?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (02-22-2011)

i shall not listen to any more rumors.

They are always wrong anyways.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aimetti For This Useful Post:

lsills81 (02-22-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Yeah I wanted to get it so I can play with it before boot camp lol. Then I was gonna give it to my girlfriend until I'm done and have her send it.
    Don't give it to your girlfriend! Big mistake before leaving for the military. Give it to your family. You'll most likely have a little liberty to come back home after bootcamp anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by vdchang View Post
    Don't give it to your girlfriend! Big mistake before leaving for the military. Give it to your family. You'll most likely have a little liberty to come back home after bootcamp anyway.
    you guys need to learn how to beat the system lol i buy it from a certain place that has a 90 day return policy and just return it in 3 months and get a new one until new ipad comes out...come on u guys are smart lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think that's likely, given that the Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1 are coming out in march.
    Apple is not gonna let the competition take over.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh No!!! Wait!...just another rumor...

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post

Just make sure the custom form they have to fill out does not say exactly what it is or it will probably get stolen, just be generic with everything you have sent say "electron parts" dont put "iPad" trust me i know somebody that had an ipod and somebody else that had a 2400 dollar macbook pro stolen in the mail when it arrived to IRAQ it was an empty box....messed up too cuz it was probably taken by another service member...just good info to know good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast