Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incredibly Thin iPad 2 Case Surfaces that Includes Mystery Port

Default Incredibly Thin iPad 2 Case Surfaces that Includes Mystery Port

9to5 Mac has gotten their hands on what is purported to be a case for the long awaited iPad 2. The dimensions of the case indicate that the next iPad will be incredibly thin. This silicon case has most of the design features that have been rumored for some time now, but also leaves room for a mystery or two. If this new case design proves to be accurate, then it could point to something entirely new for the Apple tablet.

This new case has room for all the standard features on the current iPad model and a has room for few more as well. The 30-pin dock connector is right where it should be, as is the headphone jack and power button. The volume buttons are also in their normal place, but thatís where the similarities end.

At the bottom of the case thereís a large cutout for whatís assumed to be the speaker. Itís widely believed that Apple wants to improve the quality of the speak by increasing itís size. The case also includes a camera hole exactly where itís expected to be located on Appleís latest device. Itís currently unclear what type of camera the iPad 2 will have, but rumors indicate that it may only be a one megapixel camera, instead of the five megapixel camera found on the iPhone 4. The size of the hole, however, is large enough to fit a camera similar in size to the one found on the iPhone 4.

There is also a mystery port on the prototype case. It is said to be too small to for an SD card to fit though and a USB cable doesnít fit well either. The most likely candidate for this port may be a micro-USB port. Itís also been rumored that Apple may include Intelís new Light Peak technology on the latest iPad, but this is less likely to be the case. If this does turn out to be a micro-USB port then it would make this device compliant with Europeís new micro-USB port regulations.

Apple appears to be planning an impressive array of upgrades for the iPad 2, if these indications prove to be accurate. With so much competition in the tablet market right now, Apple will have to stay ahead of the pack to maintain their lead. Itís looks like we have a lot to look forward to when the iPad 2 is released in the not too distant future.

Source: 9to5 Mac

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

CX3NT3_713 (02-22-2011), IPHONE USER (02-22-2011)

its an HDMI port

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Several news sites are reporting a delay in the production of the new iPad and that it may be June before there are enough to go around. Hopefully we will get to see sooner than that what the new specs are.

So far I have seen a lot cases assuming to be for the iPad 2 but when is it coming out? Nothing from apple yet and just few more days until march. Not even a press event for the iPad 2.

Thanks
    cant wait to get rid of this old one !
    lol just kidding i love it,
    but i will be first in line for the new one, they are great bits of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by zizaziza View Post
    its an HDMI port
    That would go with the stand alone apple tvs that haven't come out yet... But probably won't come out soon. Nice try, but it is probably for the light peak.

Quote Originally Posted by tma View Post
    So far I have seen a lot cases assuming to be for the iPad 2 but when is it coming out? Nothing from apple yet and just few more days until march. Not even a press event for the iPad 2.
    This case is probably fake. All the other cases found were not that thin.

Quote Originally Posted by zizaziza View Post
    its an HDMI port
    Can't be hdmi...defeats the purpose of airplay. Apple would want you to buy an apple tv and use airplay rather then install an hdmi

How can you assume thats a port for anything? It seems relatively clear to me that nothing of a length over 1/4" could fit in that mystery hole without interfering with the headphone jack. Its more likely to be a switch of some sort.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (02-22-2011)

Thanks

I've been thinking Apple will only make minor improvement to iPad 2 like adding cameras. I just don't feel all this rumor hype is worth it. We were all disappointed on the 3G to 3GS model design, remember?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

doesn't really matter much really. my iPad 3G still works great. Apple has proven time and time again, it is best to upgrade every 2 years and not every single year. it will be the iPad 3 that really gives us something special....

Quote Originally Posted by JStraitiff View Post
    How can you assume thats a port for anything? It seems relatively clear to me that nothing of a length over 1/4" could fit in that mystery hole without interfering with the headphone jack. Its more likely to be a switch of some sort.
    Lol @ mystery hole but what other possible switch do you need? isn't the purpose of iDevices to minimize buttons
    ? Mute button....check...orientation lock...double tap home/activate...check...what else do u need? A Cydia/jailbreak button maybe
    Last edited by z3r01; 02-22-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Thanks

Several are saying Apple has some 4th quarter surprise up its sleeve...should i wait till then?? Or by one in the next month or so...hmmmm???

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    That speaker hole does seem overly large, on the whole i'm not convinced by this case.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I've been thinking Apple will only make minor improvement to iPad 2 like adding cameras. I just don't feel all this rumor hype is worth it. We were all disappointed on the 3G to 3GS model design
    I agree, I do not have an iPad yet but am more than prepared to wait. The screen on my iPhone 4 is so much better than that of my wife's iPad so i'll wait until iPad gets retina whenever that may be.
    Last edited by chillihound; 02-22-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I've been thinking Apple will only make minor improvement to iPad 2 like adding cameras. I just don't feel all this rumor hype is worth it. We were all disappointed on the 3G to 3GS model design, remember?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    You need to review your specs bro. The real disappointment was from the 2G to the 3G iPhone (same RAM, same processor, overall slower performance, massive customer complaints). The 3G to the 3GS had major internal improvements.

Its a silicon case. It stretches. Therefore theres no way in knowing the exact size.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's a speaker. Come on guys.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Maybe it's a hole for a mic?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    +1
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

It's definitely a serial port.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast