Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFacePad: Enable FaceTime on Your iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

to damn funny

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I'm sorry but with Skype 3.0 this is one of the most useless tweaks ever. :/
    But why skype someone for free, when you can FaceTime them for money?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    But why skype someone for free, when you can FaceTime them for money?
    FaceTime costs money?

Complete fail. Even when attached and with OpenSSH and everything running, it still says I'm not connected to the Root folder. Useless.

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    So you're basically saying that you install anything and everything you see in cydia because, "hey, why not?" ?????
    No, but there are things that I have done just for the novelty of it. You would be surprised how some of the stupidest sounding things might become useful later on in life.

Just because you can't see the why doesn't make it any more or less relevant. Perhaps it was a learning experience or training tool for the dev.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I think it's good if you want to talk to your wife and she's ugly!
    Lmao, If she is ugly why is she your wife?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Myque For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (02-18-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

No need to be so harsh. Its a proof of concept. Google it and you will find things that have been done that are much much more useless than this.

I just did it and have the icon but it won't open. Tries to, but fails. Multiple reboots don't change

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Complete fail. Even when attached and with OpenSSH and everything running, it still says I'm not connected to the Root folder. Useless.
    I keep getting the same thing. iPad not mounted correctly. Anyone else? I can SSH into my iPad and I even changed the passwords back to alpine, just in case. ISPW downloaded directly from Apple. Definitely have the correct root folder. Typed the name correctly as well (blackslash as directed). In fact, I just replaced Intell with my name.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 02-18-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weiser878 View Post
    I just did it and have the icon but it won't open. Tries to, but fails. Multiple reboots don't change
    Lol that's your first post in 1 1/2 years

I usually just read from my phone. No one said that it didn't work for them, so I mentioned it. I'm going to redo it. If someone else had complained of problems, I wouldn't have
    Last edited by Weiser878; 02-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Hes the strong silent type.

As cool as this hack is, there's no cam on the iPad, soooooooo, what's the point of this? Props to the hacker that figured it out but still.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Some of the people are haters fags and just plain dumb don't knock someones work cause you don't understand it or can't get it to work, everything on this sight is to help us people who want to know not so punks can down someones hard work come on people be kind or be blind and left out cause if it wasnt for MMI 90% of the boogers and users wouldn't know anything about jail breaking or themeing your Idevice. To the guy who came up with this FaceTime tweet for the iPad keep up the hard work there are some people out there that dig your hard work. On another note peoples brains are like computers and I'm a Mac so I take what I learn on here and download it to my hard drive and always stay respectful to the ones that help others when they can say ffffyou go ffffoff figure it out yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Myque View Post
    Lmao, If she is ugly why is she your wife?
    She's got money

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    Some of the people are haters fags and just plain dumb don't knock someones work cause you don't understand it or can't get it to work, everything on this sight is to help us people who want to know not so punks can down someones hard work come on people be kind or be blind and left out cause if it wasnt for MMI 90% of the boogers and users wouldn't know anything about jail breaking or themeing your Idevice. To the guy who came up with this FaceTime tweet for the iPad keep up the hard work there are some people out there that dig your hard work. On another note peoples brains are like computers and I'm a Mac so I take what I learn on here and download it to my hard drive and always stay respectful to the ones that help others when they can say ffffyou go ffffoff figure it out yourself or pay someone to do it for you.
    U mad?

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post

I really enjoyed reading this ONE LARGE sentence!

Anyway..

If I had to pick... I Would say This is a lot better then another "fart" app

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmmmmm! Cool..I guess?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weiser878 View Post
    I usually just read from my phone. No one said that it didn't work for them, so I mentioned it. I'm going to redo it. If someone else had complained of problems, I wouldn't have
    This happened to me too- when it asks for the name of the iPad, it means the WHOLE name that's on your desktop. My iPad is called 'Jordan's iPad' so I had to type in 'Jordan\'s iPad (Root)' and then it went through. Although, once I finished, I could never get the app to launch, no matter how many reboots I did. Also, my location-based apps aren't functioning (weather channel) which I know was a bug of OpenSSH a while back, but I don't know if its been fixed. Hope this helps.

I have successfully done this on my iPad

And it was easier to do it manually than using an app (for me, at least

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast