Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Screen Protectors Indicate Front Facing Camera

Default iPad 2 Screen Protectors Indicate Front Facing Camera

We have seen countless articles about the rumored iPad 2's Front Facing Camera and have come across many factors that lead us to believe the camera is coming. Today 9to5Mac is reporting that they have managed to get their hands on the official screen protectors for the iPad 2, and these protectors do indeed have a spot for the rumored camera.

With the help with some friends with access to iPad 2 screen protector inventory, it appears the iPad 2′s front facing camera will be right at the very top of the glass. That’s also what the Reuter’s eyewitness said at the launch of the Daily iPad newspaper.
    The above and following photograph is from 9to5Mac. While they aren't exactly crystal clear, you can clearly see that these have a tiny hole in the center, located at the top.

Source: iPad 2 screen protectors confirm portait, front-facing camera | 9 to 5 Mac iPad 2 screen protectors confirm portait, front-facing camera | Apple Intelligence
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 02-17-2011 at 11:25 PM.

They have a home button too... I thought there was a strong rumor that Apple was gonna get rid of em... Guess not,

3. The Following User Says Thank You to piston597 For This Useful Post:

mshammaa (02-17-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I feel I need to say "no shít sherlock" on this one.
    Also, you say "We have seen countless articles about the rumored iPad 2's Front Facing Camera and have yet to find any real solid evidence to finally confirm this."

How about that iPods, iPhones and Macs all have FaceTime since last year? That's solid evidence enough to confirm that Apple will bring FaceTime (ie a front facing camera) to it's next iPad

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    They have a home button too... I thought there was a strong rumor that Apple was gonna get rid of em... Guess not,
    Gestures is not fully supported in 4.3 yet. It is there but you have to open Xcode and set it to a different option.

(Not sure if it is still that way since I stopped using at 4.3 beta 2.)

Thanks

I knew it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ummmm...."offical" screen protector? Apple doesn't want no stinkin' screen protectors....

AppleInsider | Apple to ban film-based screen protectors from company stores

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, really? Who would have ever Imagined that apple would bring their beloved face time to their beloved iPad? Man, this is some breaking news right here!

Ummm that look like the light sensor hole that's on my screen protector right now on my IPad.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I would be happy to see it happen, whether it's true or not. With the new iPad supposedly having a lighter weight.... FaceTime at such a greater size could actually be a game changer.

This is tosh, i'm gonna by an iPad screen protector, a hole punch and then report a host of iPad 2 rumours for all to get hyped over. ModMyi reporting is pish lately.

Photo evidence or not...
    Its a no brainer that ipad 2 will have front and back facing camera just like i4.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Obviously it'll have an front facing camera. It needs to compete with the Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android Honeycomb tablets.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

Lombardo Joe (02-18-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol ur kidding right? Of course they are putting FaceTime in.

We all know it's going to have a front-facing camera. I would be utterly shocked if it didn't.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

When the iPad first came out everyone said they "didn't need a camera". How much should I be willing to bet that the camera addition is what many people we use as a justification for getting this next iPad? And what possible reason did Apple have in NOT adding a camera to the first gen (aside from making fans want a new one 12 short months after release of their first)?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    When the iPad first came out everyone said they "didn't need a camera". How much should I be willing to bet that the camera addition is what many people we use as a justification for getting this next iPad? And what possible reason did Apple have in NOT adding a camera to the first gen (aside from making fans want a new one 12 short months after release of their first)?
    I still don't want it to have a rear camera.

Lol at hole punched screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by Karephre View Post
    Ummm that look like the light sensor hole that's on my screen protector right now on my IPad.
    My thoughts exactly

Whereas I absolutely believe FaceTime and a front facing camera are a foregone conclusion for iPad 2, to say THIS is proof is pretty stupid. It could just as easily be there for the light sensor that already exists on iPad 1.

What I find far more interesting about these photos is that the one supposedly for iPad 2 is LARGER! Lending some potential credence to the rumors that iPad 2's bezel will be smaller and screen slightly larger......

Hmmm

Quote :"I still don't want it to have a rear camera!"

Me either! I just don't understand why anyone cares about having a rear facing camera on the iPad!?!?!

Seriously, you plan to tote around your iPad to take pictures, when the iPhone is MUCH more portable! I totally get the desire for front facing and face time, i would actually like that as well (though will NOT be buying a new iPad if that is the ONLY major improvement)
    Last edited by hacktarded1; 02-18-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll just casually throw another 'I would have been extremely surprised if it didn't have one' onto the pile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I seriously don't understand any of these claims. first the cases with camera holes and now screen protectors. for god's sake, any company can make a screen protector with a hole in it or make up a case with a camera hole, that doesn't mean anything! they just mocked up a case for what they think the ipad 2 will be like. case and accessory manufacturers know just as much about dimensions, features, etc of the ipad 2 as we do. and that's nothing. especially cheap china companies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast