+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Barclays: Apple To Sell 33 Million iPads This Year

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Barclays: Apple To Sell 33 Million iPads This Year

Even before Apple debuts its second-generation iPad this year, some are predicting tablet sales to be so heavily dominated by the Cupertino iDevice maker that competitors will have an almost impossible challenge trying to catch up. On Friday, Barclays analyst Ben Reitzes said Apple's tablet is "running far ahead of its tablet competition and its their game to lose," noting that Apple will likely sell a record number of iPads in 2011.

According to coverage provided by Barron's, Apple is effectively running away with the ball in this game, despite having not even set up an enterprise salesforce yet. But Apple is “listening to enterprise customers.” As a result, Reitzes concluded in his conference call with a research analyst at Forrester Research that Apple is the clear “winner in the consumerization of IT,” adding that Forrester’s work "supports the view more and more corporate users are buying devices and bringing them into work.”

Reitzes, who maintains am "overweight" rating on Apple shares and a $450 price target, says the Barclays is officially estimating that 47 million tablets will be sold this year. 33.7 million of those tablets are expected to be Apple iPads. Despite that lofty sales estimate, one would be hard-pressed to find any other credible analyst on Wall Street who doesn't maintain similar sales expectations for the iPad in 2011.

Barron's

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

IcerMize (02-12-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why is modmyi news so crappy nowadays? Back in January you guys had all these speculation articles on the next gen devices. Now it's just information that makes me go "Meh".

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    I don't like the term "tablet" because it makes me think of tablet PCs. I understand that physically it is an electronic tablet, but all the word brings me back to is when Apple first announced the iPad and it was speculated to be an actual Mac. Contests to Apple for doing so well in the competition for tablets. But if they really wanted to win, they'd figure out a way to cram a MacBook pro into a tablet. Just my honest opinion.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyroguy57 View Post
    I don't like the term "tablet" because it makes me think of tablet PCs. I understand that physically it is an electronic tablet, but all the word brings me back to is when Apple first announced the iPad and it was speculated to be an actual Mac. Contests to Apple for doing so well in the competition for tablets. But if they really wanted to win, they'd figure out a way to cram a MacBook pro into a tablet. Just my honest opinion.
    Something like the Modbook perhaps? Modbook

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

That still is an amazing amount of sales, for a device that is 'stupid and like a giant iPhone.'

I love mine!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MLGKorno View Post
    Why is modmyi news so crappy nowadays? Back in January you guys had all these speculation articles on the next gen devices. Now it's just information that makes me go "Meh".

I kind of agree

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The complaining is getting old...no one makes you read MMi news, if you don't like it then don't read it, its really not that hard.

That's a lot of iPads lol! I believe in you Apple

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

"Apple is gonna sell a billion iPads"........

And?

"Apple is gonna sell billions of iPhones".........

And?

Tell us something we're not well aware of. This recent news is teh suk. I'd rather read the rumor articles than keep reading about Apples success stories. If theres a major change to the product.....that's news. If there's a new revolutionary product......that's news. If a product is defective and needs to be addressed.....that's news. Steve Jobs getting busted for trying to bring ninja stars on a plane is not news. Steve Jobs getting busted for running a prostitution ring IS news.....if it were true. Reminding us that Steve Jobs is still maintaining his $1 salary while raking in tons of cash by other means is not news. Reminding us 742 times about an "imminent" white iPhone 4 release or spotting is not news. It stopped being news after the 17th time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

delusion950 (02-12-2011)

Thanks
    Yes, something like the Modbook would be awesome. I love Macs and I think a tablet Mac would be fantastic.

Banned
    Thanks

Totally agree.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Erm I doubt iPad 2 will sell 33 million units.

Either way Android Honeycomb looks awesome, only thing is missing the games from App Store.
    The TouchPad by HP/Palm is a total knock of the iPad with a prettier UI but Honeycomb is new and prettier.

If a PSP NGP can have sooo much power in it without heat issues, although I'm still uncertain, a Mac Tablet with one of Apple's super batteries, an OLED screen and a fan should be doable.

Let's hope them rumours about a new LCD factory are false and its actually OLED screens.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    "Apple is gonna sell a billion iPads"........

And?

"Apple is gonna sell billions of iPhones".........

And?

Tell us something we're not well aware of. This recent news is teh suk. I'd rather read the rumor articles than keep reading about Apples success stories. If theres a major change to the product.....that's news. If there's a new revolutionary product......that's news. If a product is defective and needs to be addressed.....that's news. Steve Jobs getting busted for trying to bring ninja stars on a plane is not news. Steve Jobs getting busted for running a prostitution ring IS news.....if it were true. Reminding us that Steve Jobs is still maintaining his $1 salary while raking in tons of cash by other means is not news. Reminding us 742 times about an "imminent" white iPhone 4 release or spotting is not news. It stopped being news after the 17th time.
    lmao

Ask Mr. Essany his news are usually like this.
    Last edited by delusion950; 02-12-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to delusion950 For This Useful Post:

h2a (02-12-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Listen. I'm not the authority on anything around here, but it's a little unnerving to see you guys being on MEssany's cojones post after post after post. Let's pretend for a minute that it was agreed upon by 100% of people that his material was crap. Even still, what happened to respect? Article after article you guys burn him at the stake. But this is a guy who at 19 years old ran a talk show from his living room and actually pulled legitimate stars and national attention.

Do I personally care how many iPads Apple will sell? No, because I won't be one of them, I'm way too poor. But I'd much rather see an article, read it, and go 'meh' than go a day without an update on the ModMyi homepage.

Sorry if I sound critical, but I've got to advocate for the guy. No one likes hearing their work get trashed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The complaining is getting old...no one makes you read MMi news, if you don't like it then don't read it, its really not that hard.

That's a lot of iPads lol! I believe in you Apple
    I never "Complained". I was stating what I'm seeing thes days. If yon don't like my thoughts, go troll at another forum.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I never "Complained". I was stating what I'm seeing thes days. If yon don't like my thoughts, go troll at another forum.

Lol! If you were just making statements then why did you ask, "Why is modmyi news so crappy nowadays?"...that's not a statement, that's a complaint. And if you think I'm trolling by sticking up for the site and it's writers then you better think again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Erm I doubt iPad 2 will sell 33 million units..
    The prediction wasn't for iPad 2. It is for iPads. Personally, I think that the 16GB iPad will drop to $400 and apple will continue to sell it just like they are doing with the iPhone 3GS. So now we are talking about the original iPad and the iPad 2 sales.

I have no idea if they will reach 33 million. I do know that I will buy an iPad 2 when they become available.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    Listen. I'm not the authority on anything around here, but it's a little unnerving to see you guys being on MEssany's cojones post after post after post. Let's pretend for a minute that it was agreed upon by 100% of people that his material was crap. Even still, what happened to respect? Article after article you guys burn him at the stake. But this is a guy who at 19 years old ran a talk show from his living room and actually pulled legitimate stars and national attention.

Do I personally care how many iPads Apple will sell? No, because I won't be one of them, I'm way too poor. But I'd much rather see an article, read it, and go 'meh' than go a day without an update on the ModMyi homepage.

Sorry if I sound critical, but I've got to advocate for the guy. No one likes hearing their work get trashed.
    Respect is earned as well as lost.

I am not concerned with his other activities, but as a fancified blogger, he's terrible.

As far as news on this site goes in general, it definitely has been lacking lately. Many if the articles I see on the main page are on topics that members have already written articles about a few hours, even days, before the staff writers do it. Hell how was there not a single staff article on the HP TouchPad?! A legitimate competitor to the iPad finally arrives this past week and it goes unreported on MMi?? Sad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, you all may think this but I MUST DISAGREE. Mike Essany is the best writer at Modmyi. His articles are most business minded. He makes the other writers, (at times) look like grown up children.

This 33 million projection is good to know particularly as a shareholder. Everyone here can see the Apple buying bonanza, but having a precise figure helps estimate the future stock price. So keep up the good busy reporting with the Modmyi style!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Respect is earned as well as lost.

I am not concerned with his other activities, but as a fancified blogger, he's terrible.

As far as news on this site goes in general, it definitely has been lacking lately. Many if the articles I see on the main page are on topics that members have already written articles about a few hours, even days, before the staff writers do it. Hell how was there not a single staff article on the HP TouchPad?! A legitimate competitor to the iPad finally arrives this past week and it goes unreported on MMi?? Sad.
    I agree with you, there has been a noticeable shift in content and it's bot geared towards what I'm generally here for. Opinions are one thing. That's why we have a forum. I was speaking more towards the downright disrespectful comments that happen post and post again.