Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPads May Replace Textbooks in Georgia Schools

Middle schools? I wouldn't trust kids that age nowadays.... I know I wouldn't have been able to handle one back then. But high schools and collages would benefit from this.
    No signature links... only warning

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, I am smarter then the last generation... I mean 200gen is so last two century (parents) ago. 205gen (me) is way better then the last few gens... I mean I have a camera and A10 dual-core processor! Plus 3GB ram. *wink* *wink*

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Technology is amazing when used to entertain, inspire & educate! I have 3 small children, all under the age of 7 and they catch on to my iDevices quicker than most adults.

I have downloaded my fair share of learning apps for kids because they don't realize they are learning..but they are! Let's face it, this generation is a lot smarter than the generation I grew up in and it's technology and opportunites like this that will make the learning world a much more productive place.

Imagine all your books and notes for every class on your iPad..emailing homework & reports to your teacher, having video classrooms(once the iPad 2 is released w/ cam) remotely! the possibilities are insane!

Ok, now time to upgrade to 4.2.1 and jb all my devices!
    totally agree

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a great idea. Hopefully it catches on and becomes a part of all levels of education. Regardless of how advanced we get technologically speaking, spelling and handwriting are still essential aspects of every person's life. It's sad that some people can't write neatly, read cursive, or spell properly.

Thanks

so much resources are wasted on traditional books

This may happen in private schools but it will never happen in a public school. Some public school children can barely afford school uniforms. Imagine them trying to pay another $500 per school year just for an Ipad. Even more if u are a family with several children.

Just dont see it happening in public schools. Especially public schools that are majority low income families.

Would it be a good idea, YES.

But too many people like to complain about way too many things. Even if it does make life a little easier.

Look at how much the JB community complains when they dont have a timely JB. And then they complain even more when a bug is found. And the bad part is the JBers are getting that stuff for free. Now force the JB community to pay $500 a year for JB's and lets see how much they complain.
    Last edited by l0k0; 02-05-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    No signature spam or links

Thanks

they are already paying a lot for textbooks

this will never work. kids are careless and the ipads will be broken in one month. why ipads? why not kindles or nook? unless ipads are restricted to just textbook apps then its a waste of money to choose a ipad. whats the chance of them losing it or getting it stolen?

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    this will never work. kids are careless and the ipads will be broken in one month. why ipads? why not kindles or nook? unless ipads are restricted to just textbook apps then its a waste of money to choose a ipad. whats the chance of them losing it or getting it stolen?
    I agree, if it's about saving money, a Kindle or Nook are a lot cheaper. I know a Kindle is only 139.00.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    Because there is more material for the kids in an iPad. It's an all in one device.

Also they could just charge the parents... Also lots of kids are like amazed at an iPad I don't think they would throw it around unless they want a charge... Though there's kids that abuse everything
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Thanks

there are plenty of schools that are issuing laptops too

Quote Originally Posted by fojamm View Post
    IPADS ARE NOT TABLETS!!! THEY SHOULDNT EVEN BE CONSIDERED COMPUTERS AT ALL!!!
    WHY IS THE WHOLE WORLD TRAPPED UNDER THE FALSEHOOD THAT THE IPAD IS A COMPUTER?!
    ITS A GIANT IPHONE... NOTHING ELSE!!!

sorry i had to get that out of my system...

Edit by mod: Please use better language when posting
    It dosent matter... They can do everything most schools do on there computers
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Thanks

exactly

I think that they should consider a cheaper Ereader. Plus I could see some kid saying that he/s lost the power cord and his/her iPad went dead so they couldn't do lastnight's homework. lol
    Last edited by carolinamic; 02-05-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks

I hope they at least make the move in colleges

For those who don't think this is a good idea with iPads in schools. Well think about this, put a book in front of a kid and put an iPad in front of a kid with the same book on the iPad, flip open the book then flip the first page with the iPad and let's see which one he chooses. My son has learned so much with the iPad. He is 5 years old and has learned all sorts of math, shapes, and he loves to read books. Not only can they read to you but help you to understand the word that is difficult to say. Now tell me what book out there can do that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say from a first-hand experience that an ipad is amazing for educational purposes. I use it everyday when i go to my programming classes. Not to mention that books are soooooo much cheaper for the ipad (if available).

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

lol this will never happen. Kids break stuff, cost, opens to many wrong doors and closes some that shouldn't

there is a jailbreak for that.....lol

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Georgia's rich biotch! (Honk, Honk)!

But seriously, that would be most excellent.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast