Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Rumors For iPad 2 Surface

Default New Rumors For iPad 2 Surface

We've all heard the rumors at this point about cameras on the front and back of the next generation iPad, and we've even heard about Apple dabbling in NFC (Near Field Communications) for future iPhones and possibly the iPad 2, but now iLounge is reporting on a new set of rumors for the iPad 2.

The report states that Apple is readily developing chips that will interface with NFC capabilities built in to future iDevices, probably the iPad 2. There would be no need for any other type of connection, like bluetooth, with the development of these chips. It also seems Apple may be moving away from the current aluminum body seen on the current iPad, and may opt for a carbon fiber add-on. However, the source indicates that they are not sure carbon fiber will make it on to the final design.

Finally, the source also states that Apple is still toying with the idea of a 7 inch tablet, even after Steve Jobs stated at a recent earnings call that these devices were "Dead on Arrival" and did not offer a strong tablet experience. Apparently a manufacturer has been asked to develop a screen to be used as a 7 inch iPad, although again, it is unclear whether these products will ever see the light of day.

Another day, another pack of rumors about what we'll see on the next iPad. Am I the only one who wants Apple to announce this darn thing already?

Source:
    iLounge
    image: thenextweb.com

Gotta love this time of year
    I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Nope. Lol announce it already and please add high res screen too

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
    Gotta love this time of year
    Go Stewie

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Can't wait for wednesday

+1 for Wednesday

I've been waiting to buy an iPad for a while now... Really looking forward to the second generation device. Did I miss something? What's happening Wednesday?

Thanks

Yeah I feel the same way of "did I miss something...." Whats happening Wednesday?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

i want an ipad but wont be buying one till the ipad 2 comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by casanova1ne View Post
    Yeah I feel the same way of "did I miss something...." Whats happening Wednesday?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    so...what's wrong to send messages from the app with the iPhone? i didn't get it. whatever. i also didn't get - what's happening wednesday?

anyway i'm going to buy iPad 2 for sure, i'm looking forward for the release.
    Last edited by iam8bit; 02-04-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

Wednesday Apple may talk about the next iPad or the new iOS and whatever else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    We can't deny, high res is the last thing we need, like maybe it can loss some weight, or a USB port or sd slot. High res can wait, doubt there's a high demand for it
    Nothing in life is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragonAn View Post
    Wednesday Apple may talk about the next iPad or the new iOS and whatever else.
    Based on what information? Did modmyi report on this and I miss it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wcbardwell View Post
    Based on what information? Did modmyi report on this and I miss it?
    Yeah! they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
    We can't deny, high res is the last thing we need, like maybe it can loss some weight, or a USB port or sd slot. High res can wait, doubt there's a high demand for it
    A display with higher resolution was what kept me from buying an iPad up to this point... I do believe there is a high demand, but the cost is probably prohibitvely restrictive at this point in time given the fact that Apple has a history of keeping their price point marginally the same.

Yeah! they did.
    When? Where? What was the article titled? I read the main news articles nearly every day and I did not see it. I'm shocked and excited all at once!
    Last edited by wcbardwell; 02-04-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

It's one thing to reach in your pocket for your phone to pay with NFC, but an iPad? You may as well wave your macbook over the sensor.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wcbardwell View Post
    When? Where? What was the article titled? I read the main news articles nearly every day and I did not see it. I'm shocked and excited all at once!
    Here read the last part, and the Name or the article "iOS 4.3 Release Next Week?"

iOS 4.3 Release Next Week?

you will see this(if Apple announces an upgraded iPad next week, sales of the current model would plummet, and a lot of customers might go with a PlayBook or Galaxy Tab rather than wait. It's much more likely that Apple will pick a date close to the actual release to announce the new version, sometime around the year anniversary of the original iPad on April 3.)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ipad absolutely doesn't need a better display.. I've one, and it is quite amazing. Cameras would be great though, but, really, that shouldn't keep you away from buyinh 1st gen... I really don't think 2nd will be any cheaper (;

Here read the last part, and the Name or the article "iOS 4.3 Release Next Week?"

iOS 4.3 Release Next Week?

you will see this(if Apple announces an upgraded iPad next week, sales of the current model would plummet, and a lot of customers might go with a PlayBook or Galaxy Tab rather than wait. It's much more likely that Apple will pick a date close to the actual release to announce the new version, sometime around the year anniversary of the original iPad on April 3.)
    How quickly my excitement is replaced by disappointment... I read that article when it was written and I didn't get Wednesday out of it the first time. Upon reading it a second time, I still don't understand where people are getting Wednesday from. I'll try my best to be cautiously optimistic, but the pessimist in me says not to hold my breath...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So if someone steals your iPhone/iPad, not only do they get a few hundred $/ of electronics but they also can use that devices to buy stuff with your money. I smell a slew of iPhone theft when iPhone 5 arrives.
    I won't be storing any credit card or bank details anywhere near my phone thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast