Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi at Macworld: iConnectMIDI: A MIDI Interface for iOS Devices

Default MMi at Macworld: iConnectMIDI: A MIDI Interface for iOS Devices

iConnectMIDI finally gives iOS musicians everywhere what they’ve been waiting for, a MIDI interface for iOS devices. I got to see first hand just what this little black box could do and it’s a very impressive bit of engineering. Thanks to the latest iOS update that includes the new CoreMIDI framework, multiple devices such as keyboards and drum triggers can now communicate with iOS devices.

They had several keyboards connected to a pair of iPads and an iConnectMIDI box. Playing an iPad with a physical keyboard really makes a big difference because you feel like you’re playing a real instrument. Trying to play music on a touch screen can take some getting used to, but with an iConnectMIDI connected to your iDevice and a keyboard controller, you don’t have to be limited anymore.

iConnectMIDI has very low latency, so there’s no discernable lag time between when you press a key, to the time when you hear a note. The device is primarily designed to work with iOS devices, but you can also connect it to your Mac. It works as a stand-alone MIDI interface as well. For those of you who just love tech specs, here’s a link to the iConnectMIDI specifications page. iConnectMIDI will be available in April for $179.

iConnectMIDI gives musicians the freedom to choose what they want to connect to their iOS devices and will surely lead to some great new music.

Source: iConnectivity

Thanks

Wow... my idea 3 years ago...

Wish there was some FireWire connectivity with iOS devices. It'd be pretty darn cool to be able to hook up my MOTU 828mkII and do multitrack recording with my iPhone/iPad.

Hopefully it allows the iDevice to sync to incoming midi so you can use it as a slave to a master clock, allowing more creativity

This works well enough for me. And it's cheaper.

Default Saw this at CES
    I saw this at CES. pretty cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

yea that is hell of a device, looks nice too
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!