+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 SD Card Rumor False: New Rumor

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The rumor making the rounds that the iPad 2 will have an SD card slot is not true, according to another rumor . The opening shown on some cases is
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 SD Card Rumor False: New Rumor

The rumor making the rounds that the iPad 2 will have an SD card slot is not true, according to another rumor. The opening shown on some cases is being explained by an AppleInsider source as a SIM card slot. This news comes as the most recent in a series of rumors that have been contradicted, and with the first anniversary of the original iPad's launch behind us and an expected iPad 2 announcement coming any day now, evidence is growing that changes to the popular tablet may be modest.

Third-party accessory suppliers are often the sources of rumors about future product features. Apple has long been rumored to seed the supply chain with device specs in order to guarantee that a broad range of accessories are available when the product launches. However, Apple has long denied the practice, and the dearth of iPhone 4 cases on the market when that device did launch tends to bear this out. At the same time, the iPad 2 cases that have been seen tend to converge on the same form factor, indicating that these guys are getting their information from somewhere.

A lot of buzz was generated by images circulating recently of a purported iPad 2 case which showed openings for two new ports, which some theorized were for an HDMI or mini DisplayPort video connection and an SD card slot. An anonymous source contacted by AppleInsider's Kasper Jade disputes this, though. The source, which Jade says "AppleInsider trusts on matters such as these," claims that the opening is for a relocated microSIM card slot. The iPad 2, this source asserts, will not have an SD card slot.

So the most dramatic rumors about the iPad 2 continue to fall, one by one. While we obviously know nothing about the final design until it is announced by Apple, previous rumors about a smaller 7-inch model and a higher-resolution Retina Display have all been fairly assertively contradicted by supposedly knowledgeable sources. Other rumors about front and back cameras, though, have persisted, as has the report that the next iPad will have a dual-core CPU. Hopefully this will all be over soon: another rumor making the rounds in the past couple of weeks suggests that the iPad 2 announcement will happen on February 9. We can only hope.

Source: AppleInsider

Thanks

Is this some sort of summery of all iPad 2 rumors? Anyway the iPad 2 isn't that far off, just wait a bit and everything will be unveiled.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spazturtle For This Useful Post:

Lucchie26 (01-30-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If the iPad does not meet up with the Xoom im going Android and that's going to break my heart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cocoabean772 For This Useful Post:

Lucchie26 (01-30-2011)

Thanks

Just release it already

Thanks

Are you kidding me . Apple will never put a sd card slot in one of there devices . Why havent they done it yet with the iphone ? CONTROL ! Its the same reason why they have no usb or micro usb slots.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallguy For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-31-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seems like an awfully large slot for a MicroSIM. Plus why would someone need such ready access to a SIM card?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    If the iPad does not meet up with the Xoom im going Android and that's going to break my heart
    Lol, Apple's going to to do the same thing they've always done, release a few new things on hardware with regular OS updates...don't expect them to match what's coming out or what's already out there, that's not the way Apple plays. And yet the product will be terrific and will outsell the competition

11. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

Lucchie26 (01-30-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    Are you kidding me . Apple will never put a sd card slot in one of there devices . Why havent they done it yet with the iphone ? CONTROL ! Its the same reason why they have no usb or micro usb slots.
    Um, they already have an adapter for SD cards for importing photos (USB adapter too). Why is it so unbelievable? They could allow documents and photos to be used from it but not Apps. They allow external hard disks (HyperDrive) so why not an SD card?

Thanks

Yah I didn't think it was going to have an sd slot either.
    Definitely can't wait for the iPad dos!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The better question is, why would a silicone case need a cutout for a sim card? Seriously. We have had sim card in every iPhone to date. I have NEVER seen a case with a cutout for it. What on earth is the point? Not saying this debunks the rumor in any way. Just saying that a SIM card cutout on a case for this type of device seems terribly pointless.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (01-29-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's the stupidest thing I've heard. Maybe you should go Droid yourself

Green Apple
    Thanks

The one on the side is probably just volume or something. And the top looks too small to be sd card slot anyways. It doesn't make since to have access to micro sim either though.

Would be nice to see the rest of the case just to see all the slots
    Last edited by Sem656; 01-29-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I hope it drops soon if they leave it too late it will be too close to the next iPhone and I won't be able to afford both together. All I ask for is better/faster graphics and screen please 

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    I hope it drops soon if they leave it too late it will be too close to the next iPhone and I won't be able to afford both together. All I ask for is better/faster graphics and screen please 
    I can't wait for it to come out! Well if you can afford one now and one later why couldn't you just save the money to buy them both at the same time? Lol

Thanks

I hope they release it already with significant changes off course no thank you if it's just a upgraded processor/ram and two cameras there are better options frm a hardware standpoint.
    Last edited by Evilsaint; 01-29-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sem656 View Post
    I can't wait for it to come out! Well if you can afford one now and one later why couldn't you just save the money to buy them both at the same time? Lol
    I'm not very good with money  i will probabley spend it on something stupid

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    I'm not very good with money  i will probabley spend it on something stupid
    Well I will be a friend. Give me the money and I will save it for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sem656 View Post
    well i will be a friend. Give me the money and i will save it for you.
    lol me tooxd

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    The better question is, why would a silicone case need a cutout for a sim card? Seriously. We have had sim card in every iPhone to date. I have NEVER seen a case with a cutout for it. What on earth is the point? Not saying this debunks the rumor in any way. Just saying that a SIM card cutout on a case for this type of device seems terribly pointless.
    Good call!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamkadaj's Avatar
    Thanks

I reckon it's a HDMI out cable, or infact an SD slot of some sort. (perhaps Apple might bring out branded SD cards?)
    I really can't see it being a micro sim slot..

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi