+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jordan Rudess Demos Morphwiz Live at Macworld Expo

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Jordan Rudess Demos Morphwiz Live at Macworld Expo

MMi Live @ MacWorld

Jordan Rudess the legendary keyboardist of Dream Theater was in attendance at this year’s Macworld Expo. He was promoting Morphwiz ($9.99), a revolutionary audio-visual instrument for the iPhone and iPad. It was amazing to see him play on an iPad so effortlessly and on the expo floor as well.

The website states, “MorphWiz is a both an expressive musical instrument and an exciting visual experience. Created by Jordan Rudess and Kevin Chartier, MorphWiz is enjoyable for beginners and seasoned musicians alike. It contains over 50 presets programmed by the wizard himself, Jordan Rudess, to allow for an instantly musical experience from the moment the application is first opened. For more experienced users, a wide array of synthesis, effects, and visual options allow the instrument to be precisely configured to the user's tastes.”

I got to talk to him for a few minutes and he was very down to Earth. We talked briefly about one of his other iOS music apps, JR Hexatone Pro. Even though that app has been on the market for quite a while now, he was still happy to discuss how great it is to have an app that lets you create randomized drum patterns that sound really good. He then played Morphwiz a bit more and had a very large crowd gathered around as he did. It was a pleasure to meet him and to see him play.

Source: MorphWiz

Thanks

Ehh, not that much of an exciting product.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's actually a very cool app, and it's the main reason I'm buying an iPad when the next generation comes out.

To be honest, the presets in it don't do much for me, I strangely like the stuff in Bebot better, but the next version coming out will do OSC and MIDI, turning the iPad into a great instrument.

But what's truly awesome about it is the ability to set the scale that the instrument will play. Imagine sitting down at a piano, putting some sheet music in front of you, and having all the keys that *aren't* used removed from the piano.

No bad notes!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jordan rudess is a genius. Everything he creates is solid gold.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Dream Theater FTW! If only they'd let Portnoy back in band. But that's for another forum. I'm gonna have to check this app out.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Dream Theater, great stuff.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like cool app, not really into this stuff but the video was cool though