+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HyperJuice Stand and HyperDrive HDD for Hyper-iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default HyperJuice Stand and HyperDrive HDD for Hyper-iPad

MMi Live @ MacWorld

HyperJuice at MacWorld has the largest booth at the show and theyíre showing off their latest iPad accessories. The first one is called HyperJuice Stand and no itís not a late night infomercial for a juicer, itís an iPad stand with a battery. The second item is the HyperDrive, a hard drive for the iPad. Both are available now.

The HyperJuice Stand ($129.95) is an iPad stand that can power your device while you use it. It features a 40Wh (11,000mAh) battery that can extend an iPad by 16 hours or recharge an iPhone up to 9x. The device has a 10W USB port to charge the iPad, so a cable is required. The advantage of this is that you can charge just about any USB powered device with it as well. Because the stand doesnít require you to dock your iPad with itís 30-pin connector, it works perfectly well with an iPad in a protective case.

The HyperDrive Hard Drive for the iPad is the only drive that can connect directly to an iPad and also be used as a regular hard drive as well. You can transfer 1 GB of data to the iPad in about a minute. The HyperDrive also features a memory card slot that accepts most major card types except Sonyís memory stick. You can backup a 2 GB memory card in about a minute. It also has a 3.2-inch QVGA (320x240 pixel) LCD screen to preview saved images. The HyperDrive is available in a variety of capacities. The 2600mAh battery can backup 250 GB of data on a single charge.

HyperJuice is committed to keeping your devices going no matter where you head off to in the world. I canít wait to see what the Hyperize next.

Source: HyperJuice

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Hyper-expensive!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (01-28-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

that ipad stand would be perfect for taking on a trip or to a friends house that you would use the ipad for like a video player or for music that makes sure itll stayed charged, and the hardrive is really cool and i like the lcd screen on it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Hyper-expensive!
    +1

That stuff is useful but to dam expensive!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post
    The HyperDrive also features a memory card slot that accepts most major card types except Sonyís memory stick.
    That's not entirely accurate. According to the HyperDrive spec page, it supports all MemorySticks.

HyperDrive iPad Hard Drive (casing only)

Quote Originally Posted by HyperDrive
    2 slots supporting 12 memory card formats
    CompactFlash CF
    Secure Digital SD
    SDHC
    MultiMedia Card MMC
    MemoryStick MS
    MS MagicGate
    MS Select
    MS PRO
    MS PRO MagicGate

xD, xD Type H/M
    I'm definitely considering one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    +1

That stuff is useful but to dam expensive!
    Not really. You can get the HyperDrive case for $250 and a WD 750GB HDD for $95. That's around half the cost of buying the 750GB version of the HyperDrive.

Why HyperDrive charges $350 for a 2.5" 750GB HDD is beyond reasonable understanding.
    Last edited by jmillermcp; 01-28-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

How in the world is a external hard drive for the iPad helpful when you have no file browser.