+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3 to feature Retina Display?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by NumbaOneI Ipad 6 does ur hw for u. Hmmm sounds like something useful xD iPad 7 Breaks Up with Your Girlfriends for u :P Sent from my
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NumbaOneI View Post
    Ipad 6 does ur hw for u.

Hmmm sounds like something useful xD iPad 7 Breaks Up with Your Girlfriends for u :P

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djrbx View Post
    Apple products always have a minimum 2 year life span before upgrading is actually worth it.

Food for thought.
    This may have been the norm in the past, but Apple can't keep doing that anymore without losing sales. Apple suddenly has a LOT more competition with the growth of Android OS and the products running Android. You say the iPhone has always had a minimum 2 year life span, but really the iPhone 4 changed a lot more than previous models have. Of course the overall design changed a lot and screen resolution quadrupled, but also memory doubled, CPU speed increased, battery life increased, rear-facing camera MP increased and a flash was added, gyroscope added, noise canceling added, front-facing camera added, and both the Wifi (addition of 'n') and data max speeds were increased.

With the large number of tablets coming in the next 6 months, Apple is going to have to do more than just add cameras and double the memory for the iPad 2 to stay on top.. at least in my opinion. I really want to like the next iPad enough to buy one, but if it doesn't improve enough over the first I may hold off until the next one or try another tablet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

powa (01-25-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    well I have issues
    Lol, my friends say the same thing about me. They just don't understand..

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPad 11 to feature legs, will follow you around?

Thanks

By the time iPad 3 arrives, we may have a non tethered jailbreak for 4.2.1!

Just kidding!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    This may have been the norm in the past, but Apple can't keep doing that anymore without losing sales. Apple suddenly has a LOT more competition with the growth of Android OS and the products running Android. You say the iPhone has always had a minimum 2 year life span, but really the iPhone 4 changed a lot more than previous models have. Of course the overall design changed a lot and screen resolution quadrupled, but also memory doubled, CPU speed increased, battery life increased, rear-facing camera MP increased and a flash was added, gyroscope added, noise canceling added, front-facing camera added, and both the Wifi (addition of 'n') and data max speeds were increased.

With the large number of tablets coming in the next 6 months, Apple is going to have to do more than just add cameras and double the memory for the iPad 2 to stay on top.. at least in my opinion. I really want to like the next iPad enough to buy one, but if it doesn't improve enough over the first I may hold off until the next one or try another tablet.
    Apple is not really worried about what others are doing I think; never fully was in any of their aspects I think. Also yes the i4 made a huge jump but the 3GS was the minor update from the 3G. So the 2 year span is still there. 3G to 3GS minor not fully worth it to some. 3G to 4G a major jump to pull those final 3G users. 3GS users are content with their device and most are waiting to jump to i5. Mine is still used and was perfectly fine. My GF wanted an iPhone but not a new one since she doesn't use it to it's full extent. So I upgraded and gave her my 3GS.

Android is nice but some of it's downsides are the span of devices it has. Some app makers said they have issues with trying to be compatible with all the devices Android has. Apple doesn't even seem to be worried about Android. They are in their own world. Take a look at their computer lines; not focused on what others are doing but on what they have planned on their roadmap.
    Last edited by Cer0; 01-25-2011 at 02:13 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

If this is true they've just lost a purchase.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think Apple really need to try and curb all these roumers. If this is true and the iPad 2 won't have the higher screen then its is going to be a disapointment.
    Personally if all the iPad2 add is faster CPU (never seen a problem with this) more RAM (would be nice to load more pictures) and a camera (couldn't care less - never used my iPhone front facing once) then it may well loose me as a customer.

I was pretty confident of getting the iPad2 but now it looks a much lesser attractive option. Would rather save probably half the cost and just pick up an iPad really.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I will only buy it, if has a better resolution, faster system, HD video recording, and playback

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm I may get an iPad 2 if it has a higher resolution screen and more ram.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad 7 will come with the ability to step onto your device and it becomes a hover craft o wait the current model of iPad already does that

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Did apple fotget about their old, true customers and fans? from the beginning before the ipod make apple huge? Apple what are you doing? It takes just one comapny to get some new ground breaking tech and apple is in the history and they will actually have to fight. I'm looking for any chance to lleave apple even though they have been good to me. Stuffs changing, even at the apple stores, its like if i wanna talk to genius i have to make appointments for a quick question, not to mention how my Macbooks power cord started to smoke and catch fire but i unpluged it, you can still see the melt marks and burn marks, i took it to apple and the manager said, tough luck you gotta buy a new one? "R U SERIOUS" tough luck. Anyways even since that ive took a step back from apple and starting to rethink my position, they are so focused on bringing new apple fans they are forgeting about the people that spread the word and help made them big. PS if i can write a letter or show someone my melted charger do you think i can get a new one? or at least my voice heard. Because if i was out and let my laptop stay running downloading w/e id come home to a house on flames and all i got it tough luck buddy. So if anyone knows wat i can do please gimmie a shout. Because i feel this is totally unacceptable. Not only that i decided to make a huge scene in the store when he said it was my fault. :S so idk what to do now. No faith. go home.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad 4 will come equipped with loud speakers, 3D graphics, and a better camera. But if it doesn't then who cares! Rumors<Apple Features

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djrbx View Post
    People keep forgetting that "Retina" is just a marketing term. Apple's definition of a Retina display is that they pack more pixels than the human eye can see. In short, the iPad does not need a Retina display cause the screen itself is great for the size of the iPad. Applications made for the iPad look great as well. It's those applications built for the iPhone but installed on an iPad that look subpar. Software wise, Retina can be done. There is an application on the iPad through cydia that give retina like results for some iPhone apps. Granted, it is not true Retina, but works quite well.
    If you're right, then ipad 2 is worth it. I own an iphone 4 now, looking back at my dad's older iphone totally turn me off! I can clearly see all those pixel, which I never had noticed when I use them before. Guess my eye already adopt the retina display resolution.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MLGKorno View Post
    The iPhone 4 has the exact same A4 chip; The CPU is not in any way "Better". They're the same.
    bench tests show that the iphone 4 a4 chip is downclocked

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

the next one should have a better screen but i dont think at that screen size, it needs a retina screen just a higher res than the one it has, but a better graphics processor would nice, being able to high resolution displays on the ipad would be great and to have vlc player not tell me the ipad is to slow to play this video file
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

iPad 4 will actually be glasses with headphones with finger straps so you can still do everything

Where the iPad screen is actually implanted into the glasses

And the finger straps are heat activate so you can take a finger off and it turns that finger off

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

My fingers don't come off :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    By the time iPad 3 arrives, we may have a non tethered jailbreak for 4.2.1!

Just kidding!
    we do already have an untethered jb for 4.2.1 it is called redsn0w 0.9.7b6 has monte untether option works flawless

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    My fingers don't come off :/
    They will by the time iPad 4 comes out

I was more so thinking that there would be little lights on the screen to show you where your fingers are and to turn it on you tap your thumb to your index finger
    When it's off you can see clear then u tap and then you see the iPad screen appear on the glasses

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123