+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Hints At 1MP Rear Camera & Proximity Sensor

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Damn,,,.. . Apple does it again!!! Atlease we all forgot about flash!!! Lol
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Ha, my 10 year old Nokia has a better camera. Guess they need to keep 3MP for iPad 3 and 5MP for iPad 4, then add the flash for iPad 5. Apple continues to be backwards when adding features to their iDevices.
    The amount of pixels in a picture does not directly determine the quality

iPhone is only 5mp, yet out performs many 8-10mp phones

Thanks

Not to mention that if it's 1.08 it's 1080P
    I guess the main benefit to 5 MP would be that you could zoom and maintain HD quality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (01-21-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Camera's are a must on the iPad 2, not necessarily for taking pics but for FaceTime.

Green Apple chrodriguezmarydown's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple, you suck. You do this all the time. You put crappy technology on the early generations to gain money and give yourself time to actually get the cool stuff on the future generations. Why not put the latest and greatest at the time of when the device is released. A 1mp camera is a joke. I know taking pictures on an iPad might be silly but for the few that would, their picture will most likely come out dark, grainy and distorted. Come on Steve, and u can quote me on this "W T F?"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The 4th gen iPod touch is not the "best seller" anymore for apple, they can afford to put a 1mpix camera on it because it's main purpose is to listen to music. But the iPad 2 will be apple's biggest release in 2011 (maybe not in numbers cause iPhone 5 will sell more but in terms of being a game changer) I don't think apple will risk putting an almost useless 1mpix camera on it. The iPad is not just for listening to music. It needs a good camera to stay competitive with the other devices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kricha11 View Post
    The 4th gen iPod touch is not the "best seller" anymore for apple, they can afford to put a 1mpix camera on it because it's main purpose is to listen to music. But the iPad 2 will be apple's biggest release in 2011 (maybe not in numbers cause iPhone 5 will sell more but in terms of being a game changer) I don't think apple will risk putting an almost useless 1mpix camera on it. The iPad is not just for listening to music. It needs a good camera to stay competitive with the other devices.
    The primary purpose of an iPod touch is not to listen to music. The current commercials don't even mention listening to music. And the iPhone's main purpose is a phone, not a camera.

Thanks

One day the iPad will be your "do it all" at home iDevice and the iPhone will be the "do it all" on the go iDevice...

That being said, a 1mp camera is just flat retarded for such a monster release....

Unless....

Apple.... Is....

iCamera!?

Haha... Could be very true....
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe they were tired of people diggin through their updates and finding this stuff so they threw something in there so sites like this could shock people. We will all know soon enough.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There's no point ..a 1mp webcam is fine enough... Why raise the cost for unnecessary features.. The same ones saying add 5mp would be the same ones complaining when it cost more

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    Didn't forget, just don't really care if there's one lol. It's pretty big device to go around taking pictures as mentioned earlier, so I don't think there will be one, but you never know!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Didn't forget, just don't really care if there's one lol. It's pretty big device to go around taking pictures as mentioned earlier, so I don't think there will be one, but you never know!
    Wow… just wow. That would be ten times more annoying than a person taking a picture of you with a 10" tablet already is. I just really hope they don't let anyone take video with this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kato3000 View Post
    There's no point ..a 1mp webcam is fine enough... Why raise the cost for unnecessary features.. The same ones saying add 5mp would be the same ones complaining when it cost more
    I wouldn't put it past Apple to charge the same price for a 1mp iPad, if they were given the opportunity
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykongking View Post
    i understand the thought that u dont wanna be taking pictures with the big thing but why not? like an awesome camera wuld go great with a photo suite on the ipad am i right?
    Quote Originally Posted by marnix1991 View Post
    i would have liked the 5 mp camera because i would like great quality pictures, if you have the camera why not make it good at first ,there will be alot of people complaigning (i think so)
    As a quick reply to both of you ... there's no such thing as an "awesome camera" that takes "great quality" photos on a device that's around half an inch thick (or thin). Might as well make it cheap and cheerful because then you can keep the manufacturing costs down. I doubt it will be as low as 1MP anyway, but if it were, then mostly all people will want to do is take really quick shots for things like Twitter and Facebook anyway, and 1MP is more than enough for that purpose. You won't be hoping to take pictures of someone's wedding with an iPad and if you do want to take photos like that, there's no alternative, get a dSLR or at least a compact dSLR hybrid.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, 1 MP back facing camera would be fine since I don't plan on using it to take pictures anyway. The only camera that I am interested on the iPad 2 is the front facing one for facetime or skype since I travel a lot and would love to be able to see my daughter and wife on it.

And as someone else mentioned it might be misdirection from apple to hide some of their features that will be in the iPad 2 so they can keep something secret for the announcement.
    Last edited by scottw03; 01-22-2011 at 09:21 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is already case for the ipad 2 available online, and there's a hole in the back for the camera :
    DealExtreme: $6.80 Protective Rubber Gel Silicone Back Case for iPad 2 - Black

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by homing View Post
    There is already case for the ipad 2 available online, and there's a hole in the back for the camera :
    DealExtreme: $6.80 Protective Rubber Gel Silicone Back Case for iPad 2 - Black
    First, this is dealextreme. They probably have cases designed for the iPhone 8 and the iPad 6. They are not my trustworthy sources of information when it comes to new technology releases. They saw info on the supposed designs and ran with them.

Consider it like the presidential election. Can you imagine how many unsold "Presiden Dukakis" shirts there are sitting around?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kato3000 View Post
    There's no point ..a 1mp webcam is fine enough... Why raise the cost for unnecessary features.. The same ones saying add 5mp would be the same ones complaining when it more
    Its not raising cost on unessesary features its giving unnessesary features for free!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Who really wants to be walking around town with a 10" tablet snapping pictures? lol... I don't.
    i definitely dont too but if i do happen to i would like the photo to be decent and they cant be saying that ipad wont have enough depth in it to hold the 5mp from the iphone 4, they shouldnt bother unless its the 5mp, because its just going to be a waste,

but i doubt theyll do that, imp sure its going to have more than 1mp
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdjmchattie View Post
    As a quick reply to both of you ... there's no such thing as an "awesome camera" that takes "great quality" photos on a device that's around half an inch thick (or thin).
    I think I would have agreed with you 5-10 years ago. The last 1-2 years have changed my mind. We've been getting "great quality" cameras in some of the top end phones for a while now. Not quite on par with DSLRs, but certainly comparable quality to normal dedicated point and shoot cams. At least enough so to render such dedicated devices obsolete.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin