+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3 Brings New Gestures to the iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
No way they eliminate the home button on the iPhone for a five finger swipe (not saying they won't eliminate it). Way too clunky/difficult. C'mon folks, when has Apple made
    Thanks

No way they eliminate the home button on the iPhone for a five finger swipe (not saying they won't eliminate it). Way too clunky/difficult. C'mon folks, when has Apple made any UI difficult in any respect? Won't happen on the phone. iPad maybe, since its a two handed or lap device anyway.

And MMi has yet to mention the iPhone 4,1 and 4,2 (iPhone 5 GSM and CDMA versions) device models that are showing up in 4.3. There is also a 3,3 which would indicate a third variation of the iPhone 4. Interesting stuff in this beta.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If they remove the home button or any other button for that matter, there still needs to be a method of hard-resetting your device. Sometimes things freeze, even iPhones and iPads and need to be rebooted.

I personally would like the home button to stay. Physical buttons are, and always will be, more reliable than "virtual" buttons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

yelow13 (01-13-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    If they remove the home button or any other button for that matter, there still needs to be a method of hard-resetting your device. Sometimes things freeze, even iPhones and iPads and need to be rebooted.

I personally would like the home button to stay. Physical buttons are, and always will be, more reliable than "virtual" buttons.
    You dont think apple thinks of this before they make a product? Not only jailbreakers use DFU mode and get struck in recovery. common rly.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hitman10 For This Useful Post:

yelow13 (01-13-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love it. I'm always getting confuse with the home button at lease in my iPad. Look for 2013 iPad project and you see there is no home button and the iPad screen will be fill to the corners.

Thanks

I see some "borrowing" from webOS multitasking here. Just like RIM stole it with the playbook. Not cool apple. I hope HP sues both of them. But I have to say, this will be interesting to use.
    Last edited by ty22; 01-13-2011 at 09:39 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I just jizzied... but no home button anymore?!!?! D: nooo!!

Thanks

like most, i use my iphone with one hand, only time i bring in the other is when i need to type a long message or when i'm jailbreaking. i think its another way for Apple to rid of jailbreaking. but it does look impressive on the iPad. i always use both hands when i'm using my iPad, so its more ideal for that device than its smaller version (iPhone).
    Blah Blah and Blah

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

If Apple gets rid of the home button then I'm going to Android.

I very much like this, but I'd like it to stay as an OPTION. I can almost guarantee that Apple will not actually completely take away the home button, especially not on an iPhone. Even they are smart enough not to do this.

That video is very impressive....I just don't want it to be my ONLY way of getting to the home screen.

If this is going to be for the next generation of iPhones, then I would expect it to be a feature of iOS 5, not 4.3
    God Bless

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What happens if you were a stupid kid in your younger years and you don't have all 10 digits?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hal05154 View Post
    What damn dumb stupid abortion of an idea. Who the hell want to drag 5 fingers across their screen? I've been thoroughly enjoying my Griffin stylus just so I don't HAVE to touch the screen as much and smudge the crap out of it. And remove the Home button? Typical Jobs stupidity. For a genius (marketing only), he can be an idiot.
    It's a TOUCH screen-not a STYLUS-screen. THAT'S why people (like me!) want to be able to use swipe gestures to get around on our iPads. I think this is a huge step up and I'm looking at you with my jaw hitting the ground. You're upset that Apple found another way to use GESTURES on a touch screen because you're afraid you're going to have to TOUCH the screen?? lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

The finger swiping works really well. It really seems natural when navigating the OS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Hoping to put this on my iPad tonight after work. But who knows I have to get up at 10 am to go donate then go to work at 4 till 7-9am. So will need all the sleep tonight I can lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It's a neat upgrade for sure

Thanks
    Oh no! What if the user lost one of their fingers or doesn't have a thumb, etc etc.. That's gonna suck for them.

Banned
    Thanks

Another jailbreak software Apple have stolen. Activator anyone...

Can they stop stealing Jailbreak features and just fix the current bugs?

It's nice to have those features as standard but I would expect them to not think they thought of it first. But its crApple, they steal everything then put their big fat logo on it and try to pass it off as their idea.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

and its really cool on my ipad i have dig some files out and i have ported it to my ipod touch 2g and iphone 3g well only the 4 or 5 fingers to lock here a video YouTube - GESTURE TO LOCK PORTED FROM IOS4.3B1 TO IOS4.2.1 IPOD TOUCH 2G AND IPHONE 3G
    and im tryin to get the rest working by the end of january the 18th plus good news aswell me and my mates have been testing and porting voice over and voice control so that coming out in 2 weeks we had re written the files and now its work but its laggy so deb files are out in 2 weeks time

cheers pepople

Thanks
    Well, better save my SHSH Now.
    iLike iDevices and Pancakes.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12