+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Scheduled for Jan. 19th Appearance with Rupert Murdoch to Launch The Daily

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
It's an announcement that leaves some wondering if there's actually a stage big enough for the both of them. But on January 19th we'll find out. That's when Apple Chief
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Scheduled for Jan. 19th Appearance with Rupert Murdoch to Launch The Daily

It's an announcement that leaves some wondering if there's actually a stage big enough for the both of them. But on January 19th we'll find out. That's when Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs will join media titan and News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch in San Francisco.

Jobs and Murdoch are coming together to formally roll out the new daily iPad publication aptly dubbed "The Daily." While the date is still subject to change, Yahoo's Cutline reports that the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art will be the venue where Jobs and Murdoch present a new "revolutionary digital publication."

Known as The Daily, Murdoch's iPad publication has been the talk of the media world over the past couple months, and the News Corp. chief has even dubbed it is 'No. 1 most exciting project.' The hush-hush project has been taking shape at the company's Manhattan headquarters, but it will also have staffers in Los Angeles.
    According to Reuters, which has also now confirmed the January 19th joint appearance, Murdoch has dropped some serious coin on the forthcoming digital publication. Some reports place his investment at $30 million. While few details are yet known about what The Daily will deliver, it is widely anticipated to cost in the range of $0.99 cents a day and feature content from a class-A collection of reporters who boast the best resumes in the publishing and news reporting industries.

The Cutline

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Very interesting

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's that count dooku picture again...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

that's a funny picture. can't wait.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Whats the point? Can't we already access more than enough news and publications on our beloved ipads? I've already got more news apps than I know what to do with.

Thanks

I hate to hijack the thread, but did anyone notice that the Verizon CDMA iPhone is out? There is no LTE. Apple

EDIT: Its on the front page now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Whats the point? Can't we already access more than enough news and publications on our beloved ipads? I've already got more news apps than I know what to do with.
    That was my thought... And the apps we have are free, with the same news!
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    The point is that the old people still running things don't want to except that the world has changed and so has content delivery.

Those Old Media outlets are STILL pretending the Internet is for obsessive masturbators and the socially challenged. If you poke around the... What'd they used to call them? Oh, yeah- News Stands, you'll often find derogatory references to online community in general.

It's sad really.

Hopefully they're planning a more dynamic experience. Like the news papers from Minority Report and Harry Potter.
    Last edited by discostar; 01-11-2011 at 11:31 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Google Rupert's wife. 40 years his minor. What some woman won't do(literally) for money. As Adam Sandler said in Big Daddy "That's the dude with the old b@lls".LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

While few details are yet known about what The Daily will deliver, it is widely anticipated to cost in the range of $0.99 cents a day and feature content from a class-A collection of reporters who boast the best resumes in the publishing and news reporting industries.

The Cutline
    oh please that's $361.35 a year. i don't pay for cnn.com, reuters, google news or modmyi =] all hail the corporate pc and a t3 line!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    They must fail to realize the same news outlets (along with others) that we read to actually findout about this new "publication" will be the SAME ones we'll use after its release....and FREE to top it off. SMH Some things should be obvious.

**Im sure they will still turn a moderate profit regardless**

AKA westonben
    Thanks

Is it really "$0.99 cents"? Is that less than a cent a day or do you mean "$0.99 dollars"??

It would need to have something extraordinary in it to be worth $0.99/day. Maybe a monthly or yearly subscription will work out a lot more economical....

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

this post back in November talked it being only .99 cents a week, i think thats a good deal not a day

Apple Working with News Corp. on "First Newspaper" for the iPad
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyeRobot View Post
    Is it really "$0.99 cents"? Is that less than a cent a day or do you mean "$0.99 dollars"??

It would need to have something extraordinary in it to be worth $0.99/day. Maybe a monthly or yearly subscription will work out a lot more economical....
    $0.99 cents and $0.99 dollars are the same and that is what they are saying it will cost each day (not confirmed yet)

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.