+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Comcast Xfinity to Stream Live TV to iPad in 2011

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Comcast announced Wednesday that the company's Xfinity branded digital content platform will begin streaming live and on-demand content to tablets, including Apple's iPad, beginning later in 2011. As long as
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 564 Posts

Default Comcast Xfinity to Stream Live TV to iPad in 2011

Comcast announced Wednesday that the company's Xfinity branded digital content platform will begin streaming live and on-demand content to tablets, including Apple's iPad, beginning later in 2011. As long as you have a wireless router, you'll be good to go and able to enjoy live TV anywhere in your house.

The second part of Comcast's tablet-themed announcement Wednesday dealt with the "play now" feature for the Xfinity TV iPad app, which will arrive in the coming weeks. Upon arrival, nearly 3,000 hours of On Demand content will be at the finger tips of iPad users - content that can be watched inside or outside the home. According to J T. Ramsay, Chief Blogger, Comcast Corporation, "even more choices" will be added in the future.

Coinciding with Comcast's plan to push Xfinity streaming content to the iPad and other tablet PCs in the coming months, Comcast also unveiled a revamped Xfinity TV website. The tweaks now allow one's laptop or desktop to serve as an advanced remote control and sophisticated search engine. Via the new improvements, you can now search and browse live TV programs and On Demand content and then click on the desired channel or program to pop it up on your TV screen.

Comcast Voices

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

SkyGuy5 (01-05-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ummm... what about streaming Xfinity to iphone? I have there current app. its great for DVR and TV guide. Im just waiting on the streaming video now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to daytonaviolet For This Useful Post:

SkyGuy5 (01-05-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What about people that don't have Comcast?! Time Warner sucks.. ugh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In a odd way comcast is timewarner cable look at Texas they have comcast but yet they offer road runner and pretty much have the same names for service as twc

Thanks
    Thanked 7,608 Times in 1,909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    ummm... what about streaming Xfinity to iphone? I have there current app. its great for DVR and TV guide. Im just waiting on the streaming video now.
    I was thinking the same thing. Once this app came out I quickly checked to see if streaming to the iPhone worked, but no go!

I love changing channels from my iPhone while this kids are in the middle of a show. lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What about people that don't have Comcast?! Time Warner sucks.. ugh.
    its the same as "Uverse" from ATT... what about people that have comcast instead ? this is our version :P

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, I just got Xfinity!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 905 Posts

So if you have 3G Unrestrictor you should be able to stream content regardless if you have a WiFi connection or not, right? It's the same restriction as FaceTime for ip4 or App Store 'over 10MB' apps I assume.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, looking forward to it!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ahhh, just another push for me to spring for an iPad. I see advertisements all over and whenever I play with one at a store I want one so bad. I have an iphone but the iPad would just be such a sweet thing to carry around when I don't want to bring my laptop places. Especially since my macbook's battery life is down to about 2 hours...

I'll obviously wait until the 2nd version is announced so I can actually afford one.

Thanks

How is this going to work. Eventually this stuff will stream with out WiFi. Man are people going to have outrageous data bills. This is the future for cell providers. Maybe the voice plans will go down to nothing. Well I can dream can't I.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So if you have 3G Unrestrictor you should be able to stream content regardless if you have a WiFi connection or not, right? It's the same restriction as FaceTime for ip4 or App Store 'over 10MB' apps I assume.
    I kinda get the impression that this is like Directv2PC which only works when you're on your home network and doesn't actually stream out.
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 01-05-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Slingbox ftw

Thanks

Someone will create a hack for the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Im sure

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fmlouder View Post
    In a odd way comcast is timewarner cable look at Texas they have comcast but yet they offer road runner and pretty much have the same names for service as twc
    Comcast have had a semi-partnership for many years. They are 2 of the top cable providers but they do share zones and use each other's zones. They used to be better partners but that broke off years ago. Now they are still partially play nice to each other but not as much as they used to. Let's see how that goes when Comcast finishes buying that network.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for this that would be awesome!
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is interesting to me that Comcast is doing this now in 2011, it is a good thought that they have. I wonder if they know that DISH has been doing this for a while now. The only difference is that with DISH you don't have to be inside your home or within a router network in order to receive the content. You can watch the content from wherever you are. As an employee of DISH, I can tell you this makes DISH unique because we are the only ones that have TRUE TV Everywhere; and thats pretty neat! Check it out!