Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slimmer 2011 iPad Gets Dual Cameras, Bigger Speaker?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McMichael96 View Post
    I want one if it has all that plus a bigger proseser and more RAM. (I would prefer 1GB but 512MB would be anuff.
    sounds like what you really want is the blackberry playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreezy View Post
    A 2nd gen iPad without at least a front facing camera holds little appeal. People who don't already own an iPad - may or may not purchase one given it's potential limitations (i.e. no front camera, SD slot, USB, etc.).

However, you add those features and you can almost gurantee that people will purchase it PLUS those who already have one will sell their 1st gen iPdad to own a newer model.
    your post is a little amusing, you listed pretty much all the reasons why other tablets (ie.Blackberry playbook) are much better than Apple's but fanboys dont seem to mind spending hundreds of dollars for a device (iphone, ipad, ipod) only for it to become obsolete 6 months later when apple releases the "next gen" device that has all the features the first gen device should have had in the first place.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 12-24-2010 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    There WILL BE NO Retina Display or OLED or AMOLED displays for the iPad. The price for such device would be astronomical. Apple does over-price their products, but I think even they know where to draw the line.
    I agree, with all that Steve Jobs himself would be the only one who could afford it lol

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, I was really looking forward to invisibility lol. Maybe next time lol

Will the iPad 2g really be worth it. If so I'll buy it if not I'll finally buy the Original iPad for hella cheap

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    I just sold my ipad last night for $660 in waiting for the release of the new one. People havent you gotten used to apple by now? they're not going to give you what you want until at least the 3rd if not 4th gen ipad.
    Oh so true. You probably wont see a usb in this one either.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    Jesus, this is last time I browse the news site. THIS ISN'T NEWS! THIS IS BAD RUMORS! Please stop posting this and post real, important material! I have no respect for this part of the site.
    Wait, what? Since when is ANY gadget news important? Relax.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH View Post
    Great pricing? At $499 Apple is making nearly 100% profit over building cost for a WiFi only iPad. iSuppli: iPad's Actual Cost is $260

They priced it extremely high to give room to lower the price if it didn't sell well. Apple is laughing all the way to the bank that so many people are paying that amount.

Arithmetic isn't one of your strengths, is it?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (12-24-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    News? Not at here, rumors is the thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    I just sold my ipad last night for $660 in waiting for the release of the new one. People havent you gotten used to apple by now? they're not going to give you what you want until at least the 3rd if not 4th gen ipad.
    I know. They waited until the fourth gen to give the iPod touch what everyone wanted (still waiting for GPS). But then you have to understand technology gets cheaper every year and may not make them money until a couple years from the first release (yes, as a business their first priority is profit).

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

I want it, just don't have the cash! Seems much nicer than the iPad 1 I it had the retina display it would be a must have for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I agree, relax people... It's not like gadget news is life or death... And what news do we have other than rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    I agree, relax people... It's not like gadget news is life or death... And what news do we have other than rumors?
    Exactly. During the holidays tech companies don't make anything public, they wait until January.

Great pricing? At $499 Apple is making nearly 100% profit over building cost for a WiFi only iPad. iSuppli: iPad's Actual Cost is $260

They priced it extremely high to give room to lower the price if it didn't sell well. Apple is laughing all the way to the bank that so many people are paying that amount.
    That's for parts only.

Now figure:
    Labor
    Manufacturing
    Shipping
    Advertising
    Warehousing

C'MON PEOPLE!! There's more to putting a product on the shelves than parts!
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

LOL i'm sure labor (both production and store), packaging, storage, customer service, warranty, & shipping, were all free I'm guessing you've never sold your own product.

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    I want the front camera but the back camera I can do without since it's going to look funny taking pictures with the iPad.
    Have you ever used facetime? It's all about seeing each other, and seeing what they are seeing. It would be stupid to have to spin the entire device around to show someone something (Plus you might hit the end button), rather than just hitting a button and viewing exactly whats on the other side. Its not meant to take photos. (but i'm sure it will be able to)

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    your post is a little amusing, you listed pretty much all the reasons why other tablets (ie.Blackberry playbook) are much better than Apple's but fanboys dont seem to mind spending hundreds of dollars for a device (iphone, ipad, ipod) only for it to become obsolete 6 months later when apple releases the "next gen" device that has all the features the first gen device should have had in the first place.
    A. Apple products were never about the best hardware on paper, on paper the evo's 8mp camera is better than the i4's 5mp, but in real world scenarios the iPhone's camera is just as good, if not better, same concept goes for processor speed n such. Its allllll about the Operating system, Plus all these people want SPEED SPEED SPEED, not considering this is a portable device and battery life is more important than power
    B. REAL apple fanboys buy their products during the first week of production, because we already know there will be a better and faster version next year around the same time. The people that wait 10 months to purchase an apple product, then get mad about a new release, are not fanboys.

For my own thought, i wonder if they will drop this iPad like they do the iPods, announce them, and they are available that same week. hmmm, only time will tell. (My moneys on April)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 12-24-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

staterunner180 (12-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    You mean like every single android device ever released?

"Here's a new AWESOME android device! We added... well we took off the front camera and added more space!"

Android fanboys: "OMFG!!! That's the best phone ever!!! Apple fanboys are idiots Lololol."

Sound about right? Thought so.

Thanks

It sounds good and hope it does have front camera, more so now of this skype news. Ps samsung are the guilty party for releasing device after device every 6 months. At least apple offer continued support for older devices.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    I somewhat agree with you, but not when it comes to the iPad. I distinctly remember thinking how great the pricing was when they first released it. How many tablets coming out now are only $499? I would like to see them throw in the 3G radio for that price, however...
    Almost all of them are in that price range, or cheaper, actually...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

It was pretty obvious that the next Gen IPad would get a camera, that's why I'm waiting for the new one to come out

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The camera will be great for FaceTime. Looking forward to this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12